Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to get a part

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, Been pulling my hair out trying to get a new snap on wheel well 'garnish' plastic piece as mine has a blemish and I want it to look new again. I email various people / departments at Tesla support and they either try and get me to send in an application to become an authorized dealer or tell me I have to go through an authorized collision center. Every collision center I call says if I want to order it and install it myself, I can get it from the part dept. at Tesla - Problem is, I have no idea where this unicorn of a place is...? I found one online but is an aftermarket piece and just not 100% it will match. PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

Hello all, Been pulling my hair out trying to get a new snap on wheel well 'garnish' plastic piece as mine has a blemish and I want it to look new again. I email various people / departments at Tesla support and they either try and get me to send in an application to become an authorized dealer or tell me I have to go through an authorized collision center. Every collision center I call says if I want to order it and install it myself, I can get it from the part dept. at Tesla - Problem is, I have no idea where this unicorn of a place is...? I found one online but is an aftermarket piece and just not 100% it will match. PLEASE HELP! Thank you!
You should be able to just go to any Tesla service center and walk back to the parts department and ask them to order the part for you.

Upvote 0
You should also be able to crate a service request via the Tesla app, use the other and just put in the request that you want to only order parts and give them the part number. They should send you an estimate that you can approve, and then either they will have you come pick it up, or a mobile service tech might drop it off for you.

• Informative
Reactions: FireMedic
Upvote 0
You should also be able to crate a service request via the Tesla app, use the other and just put in the request that you want to only order parts and give them the part number. They should send you an estimate that you can approve, and then either they will have you come pick it up, or a mobile service tech might drop it off for you.
How do you find the part number? I have a specialty bolt that needs to be replaced and it’s not labeled with the part number. I can’t find microfiche anywhere online.

I included a photo of the boat that I’m looking for, it’s a shear bolt 160 mm by 12 mm with 1.75 pitch threads. Sunglasses for scale.

I did as you said, and created a service request describing the part I need… Hopefully they can connect me with a part number, or better yet, the part.

Thanks.
A5E783D5-05EA-45A4-906F-5569CCD5FE09.jpeg

Attachments

• EEC72FC6-8773-4B3C-824A-B43A5CA7C5E1.jpeg
    EEC72FC6-8773-4B3C-824A-B43A5CA7C5E1.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0