Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
User on reddit @alteredego suggested Tesla should just post the memo because the wsj won't. Might not be in same language that wsj is suggesting.

I don't think they can. The memo could contain pretty sensitive information or be covered under NDA.

Parties that are undergoing a negotiation typically agree that the negotiation be confidential, at least until its conclusion.

Yet another example of "make a story where there isn't one." No doubt it will be successful in keeping the price down where the shorts want it. Timing us perfect. Sunday right before trading Monday morning to boost that FUD level to start the week on a negative note. They write a new one (or more) every week and manage to get the same results.

Sickening

Dan
Surely if there is a memo then there is a story.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden and wipster
This is all based on one supposed memo that a single supplier, the part they supposedly supply is not known, shown to the WSJ. I'm thinking their is a lot of manipulation going on here specifically to drive down the SP tomorrow morning. If, if Tesla needed cash right now for continuing operations, there are a lot of places they could get it rather than asking their suppliers for a refund of parts previously supplied.

As for negotiating with the suppliers for a reduction in future pricing based on the highly probable success of the M3, that I can believe. I spent a large part of my career in procurement and that's an industry accepted and expected way for all to share in Tesla's future success. That part sounds plausible. This memo from a single supplier? Something stinks about that.

Regardless, tomorrow should be an interesting day.

Yet another example of "make a story where there isn't one." No doubt it will be successful in keeping the price down where the shorts want it. Timing us perfect. Sunday right before trading Monday morning to boost that FUD level to start the week on a negative note. They write a new one (or more) every week and manage to get the same results.

Sickening

Dan
Everyone knew the FUD was going to get stronger leading up to the Q2 ER. It's pretty astounding how bad it has gotten. I think from the bear's side, the most effective thing they can do now is to try to get people seriously questioning Tesla's immediate survival. Would you buy a car from a company you were worried might not be around in a year or two? Most current owners are used to this and can deal with it, but new buyers to Tesla may really struggle with it.

Justin Pulitzer is a very rational, logical trader on twitter, definitely not a Tesla fanboy. He totally gets what's going on:

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.08.09 PM.png

I use this place aa one stop shop for all information. So I enjoy it if mods let's one of the near info gets posted once. But
I don't think many of the shorts - at least that I know - hate Tesla (after all, it's just a corporation/stock). We just think it's misplaced.

If you are a short, I think this is one of the smarter places to go. Where else can you hear the long arguments so conveniently assembled? SA used to be good but now there are few sensible/numerate longs left.

As a short, do you agree that the amount of negative articles targeting tesla is very curious?

I often see 3 negative articles in a day on zerohedge. I don't remember BAC gets that many during 2008.

Reactions: bdy0627 and Unpilot
No I was not.

Obviously Amazon's leverage, working capital and purchase commitments are that time were in a much safer position than Tesla is now.

That is debatable to say the least. There was a plethora of respectable well heeled WS types who know better guaranteeing that Amazon would fail. They were all wrong.

Thinking about this a bit more, how interesting is it that this "story" comes just days after the extremely complimentary review of the M3 in the very same WSJ, the popularity of which probably not only embarrassed the hell out of them, but also will have the effect of driving 10's of thousands of people to Tesla stores and the website, all readers of their publication who can probably easily afford one or two M3's.

I find it strange that this "memo" was received days ago and not released until after the publication of not only their test drive, but 2 others that were equally complementary. Something is rotten in NYT...

Surely if there is a memo then there is a story.
Why?

I haven't seen any stories about GM negotiating prices with their axle suppliers, or Apple attempting to get a better deal on LCD displays. No doubt there have been memos there.

So the existence of a memo does not, in and of itself, "surely" necessitate a story.

What remains to be seen is if the contents of any memo are being accurately represented.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.