Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read many of your prior posts, I know you are at a much higher level of sophistication to think that entities shorting TSLA are motivated by the financial transaction results alone. Of course, profit is a factor, but in the case of a group of the entities shorting TSLA, that profit is from killing a threat to an existing cash cow as opposed to gains from the success of transitioning to a sustainable transportation and energy paradigm.

One is productive and one is short (see what I did there;))lived and parasitic.
'
Fire Away!
I sincerely believe, that the vast majority of the shorts (and bulls also) are only in it for the money.

Big money investors are professionals and they don’t “like” or “dislike” a company.

Wall Street isn’t on anybody’s side or against anyone. It is only about money. You’re grossly mistaken, if you think investors are buying stocks because they are on company’s side or short selling if they are against the company. Only thing investors are for is money.

Once you take a position short/long, you then take a side (& vic versa)

I sincerely believe, that the vast majority of the shorts (and bulls also) are only in it for the money.

Big money investors are professionals and they don’t “like” or “dislike” a company.

Big Money wants Financial Engg. The want Tesla to do a Cap Raise on their terms. Until that happens they want to screw with it...plain and simple

Wall Street isn’t on anybody’s side or against anyone. It is only about money. You’re grossly mistaken, if you think investors are buying stocks because they are on company’s side or short selling if they are against the company. Only thing investors are for is money.
You are misunderstanding the stated.
Yes, it's all about the money. There is gobs of money invested in automotive, oil, energy, etc sectors that is endangered and will fight to survive.
Even Tesla being 1T company is still miniscule compared the possible losses in all the disrupted sectors.

There is always a bigger picture and a bigger fish.
Tesla is looking to become to big to BE ALLOWED to succeed.

Tesla (TSLA) Fundamentals To Improve in Q3 - Nomura
Nomura/Instinet maintains Buy on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) price target of $450.00.

Romit Shah expects fundamentals to improve in Q3 consisting of a step-function up in revenue growth and positive operating leverage. The analyst comments "We are now forecasting revenue to grow 60% sequentially in 3Q to $6.4 billion, driven primarily by sustained Model 3 production. Our supply chain checks in Taiwan and Korea indicate that Tesla is currently procuring Model 3 parts at a rate of over 6,000 per week (these parts include: temperature management solutions, wiring harnesses, brake cams, gears, and axles). We also see 3Q revenues benefiting from stronger Model 3 ASP’s, a higher-than-typical ‘in-transit’ balance exiting 2Q (nearly 40% of Model 3 production during the June period), and sequential improvement for Model S & X deliveries. We forecast Model 3 deliveries of 54,381 and total vehicle deliveries of 79,029 in 3Q18E.

Wed, 25 Jul 2018 06:11:00 -0400

(from street insider)

If one party fails to deliver, the contract (or applicable law) provides for appropriate remedies. Renegotiation is generally not needed in such cases.

You are of course correct that contracts can be renegotiated at any time, with mutual agreement by the parties. But this is no more true of "CapEx" contracts than any other contracts.
I guess that's the long winded version of admitting you were completely wrong :rolleyes:

One of the things that make Tesla a fun stock to watch/debate, is that a surprising amount of the retail is in it (or out of it) for emotional reasons. Many of them have never read the financials. That gives interesting volatility and unpredictability.

One of the things that make Tesla a fun stock to watch/debate, is that a surprising amount of the retail is in it (or out of it) for emotional reasons. Many of them have never read the financials. That gives interesting volatility and unpredictability.

Or for other reasons than emotion/ economic such as environmental. I would love for Tesla's mission to get us off coal, CH4, petrol, diesel to reach fruition. AMD vs Intel or Apple vs Android have no real world positive impact either way (other than general progress of technology). Reduced CO2 does.
Some of us are willing to pay to have Tesla succeed even if there are no short or long term net gains (thus our not-an-advice % of TSLA). (and yes, post IPO, neglecting a cap raise, stock ownership does not directly fund Tesla...).

Or for other reasons than emotion/ economic such as environmental. I would love for Tesla's mission to get us off coal, CH4, petrol, diesel to reach fruition. AMD vs Intel or Apple vs Android have no real world positive impact either way (other than general progress of technology). Reduced CO2 does.
Some of us are willing to pay to have Tesla succeed even if there are no short or long term net gains (thus our not-an-advice % of TSLA). (and yes, post IPO, neglecting a cap raise, stock ownership does not directly fund Tesla...).
Wouldn't it be more effective to give to an appropriate charity?

Thanks winfield. In fact, I read a good bit on seekingalpha's Tesla channel. What I see is hope and increasing confidence, no fear at all.

Again, it's entirely possible the bears' confidence is misplaced (again). But I simply don't see the fear.

Thanks winfield. In fact, I read a good bit on seekingalpha's Tesla channel. What I see is hope and increasing confidence, no fear at all.

Again, it's entirely possible the bears' confidence is misplaced (again). But I simply don't see the fear.
and thats a reason i'm rarely on SA. fear=masked desperation. this is last response as you are now on my ignore.

OFF TOPIC
Spectacular SpaceX Iridium 7 launch out of Vandenberg, California today and successful release of another 10 satelites. (well, spectacular to me)

Last edited:
Although I am not in the same level as Larry Page, I happen to agree with him w.r.t. charities.
OK, but, if I follow Mongo's thought to its logical conclusion, wouldn't it be better for Tesla's mission if the company could stride into the future, unencumbered by liens or liabilities, looking purely to maximum penetration of the auto/solar market.

Wouldn't it be more effective to give to an appropriate charity?

Don't shorts consider Tesla a non-profit charity? ;)
Edit: At least some shorts (the bankwupcy type), those who feel the stock in currently overpriced are a different sort, and I shouldn't group all together.

OK, but, if I follow Mongo's thought to its logical conclusion, wouldn't it be better for Tesla's mission if the company could stride into the future, unencumbered by liens or liabilities, looking purely to maximum penetration of the auto/solar market.

Sure, and profit (or cap raise) allow that to happen. Although, depending on growth vs interest rate, taking on debt can be better than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.