Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well a lot of people don't believe Elon will find the funds....

Yes, but a lot of people didn't think Tesla would ever make a production car .... such as the Model S .... or X or now 3.

Without getting into a long winded posted, we all know the myriad of things that Elon and Tesla have accomplished that they were told were impossible.

I believe and am very happy to take even a small part in watching this all unfold.

Cheers to the longs .....

Can't believe it's down to $350.

Well, I unloaded shares in another stock and put more into Tesla.

10% of me wants to go get a loan and put in some more, but that's too absurd.

Well, either we're all crazy or they're all crazy.

I'm so tempted to go on Margin and take out a big loan but I'd be way overleveraged :p It's really crazy that the rhetoric is now Elon is lying. Then again they've called him the modern day PT Barnum

Can't believe it's down to $350.

Well, I unloaded shares in another stock and put more into Tesla.

10% of me wants to go get a loan and put in some more, but that's too absurd.

Well, either we're all crazy or they're all crazy.

I'm with you on this. Pumping in more money (no loan, no pension)

This stupid FUD news must stop and getting a clean future is either now or never, so I will give what it takes.

And I had a word with my wife. We are hell bound to go private with you all.

Not an advice! ! !

Absolutely, follow the major news outlets and nothing else then they're clearly doomed.

But are there any retail investors here who don't absolutely trust Elon at his word? It doesn't even cross my mind that he might be lying. I don't actually think Elon is the type of person who lies anyway - overly optimistic, yes, but a liar, absolutely not. How can I tell this? Well when you're inherently honest yourself, you see it in other people very quickly. Elon is incredibly sincere, too much at times it must be said.

I would imagine that if we were to sum the investments from the shareholders on this thread, we'd get many millions of $, even if you're succumbing to the FUD, don't! Believe in Elon, he's not kidding. Once we get some more concrete info, the SP will reverse, very quickly I think.
I’m retail investor and I don’t think that Musk is lying. I think that he believes what he tweets. But we also know that he is trigger happy with twitter and sometimes too optimistic. So I don’t know. Like I wrote earlier, i’m tempted to buy more, but i’m also afraid to buy more.

SEC broadened the probe. Reports that the probe actually pre-dates the tweets. Anonymous Tesla employees are confirming the probe and investigation.

I'm guessing that the Tweets expanded awareness within the SEC, which is now leaking between enforcement and other departments.

I need to repeat this over and over: Elon Musk is not infallible.

Manage risk responsibly. You're now invested in a company under SEC investigation.

I really hope he just decides to delist the company without actually going "full private" (which would require cutting down to fewer than 2000 stockholders, etc.)

But couldn't there be a single entity holding all shares of the original small positions, with original owners of the shares owning their relative part of this entity? (Such a change sounds like it would be a taxable change, but still allowing ownership).

MaxPain for tomorrow $382,50??

Screenshot 2018-08-09 at 20.34.48.png

So here's a copy-paste of what I wrote on Electrek:

I cannot think of a quicker, or wider, form of communication than an Elon Musk tweet... every investor, every short, every bull and bear is following closely.

What did they do in the old days? Send a circular memo to brokers and ask them to call around the shareholders? An ad in the papers?

Seems extremely efficient and even-handed to me.

If anything, the shorts should be happy as Elon may have limited their losses with the $420 offer. Otherwise the squeeze was definitely on, you saw how the SP popped with the news if the SA investment - which was before Elon’s tweet.

I posted that headline when it came across my news feed just after the share price reversed and headed down. It was quickly labeled here as "hearsay."

The inquiry by the SEC was not questioning the channel used to communicate; it is far more concerned with the content of the message and the manner in which it was dribbled out sequentially during trading hours, particularly the substance behind both announcing a buy-out price and asserting funding secured.

I'll wait for the 8k which should be filed by Monday.

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.