Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken, although as a percentage of delivered vehicles, one could argue that the volume of delivery/post-delivery service sucks threads has gone down... Remember when the natives were pretty restless during the initial Model X deliveries? Now the delivered volume is much higher.

Maybe there are more posts per thread (longer thread life) before they die of disinterest, the horse can be beaten no more, or the posts get banished into the snippiness wasteland.
It does stand to reason that as more Car's are out in the wild there will be more chances for issues.
Maybe I am just a bit fatigued by the obvious trolling that I assume the worst.

I think it’s more like 2 or 3 years, no? What are examples timelines for other large, highly visible class action suits?
Still completely irrelevant, but no... a couple of years for the case, then the company appeals, a couple of years for that, then even if they lost, they might work out a payment schedule or appeal further.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Sudre
Ummm, what? I never knew this was a thing. Seems to me just the opposite!!

Well, it's a resilient horse.

As well unlike traditional manufacturers, Tesla has a unique delivery schedule. And every time something new comes along (e.g., the most recent uptick in deliveries, or next month's v9.x release), the existing fabric of the universe will be disrupted and much complaining by somebody somewhere shall result.

Which is not to say many of the complaints are not justified. People also confuse TMC with tesla.com and vent service issues here instead of there (where posts are more easily tied to one's ownership record for direct followup) with relentless impunity. It's a social outlet. Fine. But being able to sift wheat from chaff has become a full time exercise.

Not to mention in my investor newsfeeds. If I had a nickel for every crap article about how Elon "might (insert dire prediction here)" or how Tesla "will (describe implosion here)", I'd have a lot of nickels. I should keep track one of these years, since it only takes 6,800 or so nickels to buy a share of TSLA. That's only 19 crap articles a day and it seems we're way past that lately.

Lol at the top rated comment on that Jalopnik story:

"You ever work in a factory?

Not even surprised.

This is by far NOT unique to Tesla."​
Not a joke. I worked in a factory for 16 years, long ago. Hundreds of workers, at least 10 percent were on drugs. 20 percent or so drank just before or while on the job especially night shift. I was a teetotaler:rolleyes:

Reactions: neroden
I hope you're right @Johan. When do you think this all gets cleared up?

On the lawsuits. There is no liability if there are losses due to normal market movements but if the losses were incurred as a result of the CEO providing false and/or misleading information, there is a problem.
1. When TSLA goes TSLAP. Then all these lying sleazebags will have to go back to promoting the health advantages of cigarettes and asbestos.

2. As to your last statement that is BS. He was honest and open, though I realize that doesn't matter when dealing with pure corruption and inveterate liars.

In the most shocking development of the day, an article was published that actually has interesting information about Model 3 production.

Such a strange experience to read something useful about Tesla in a news article -- I almost fell out of my chair!

Linked here: Peter Campbell on Twitter

Edit: I see @avoigt also posted in the General thread but this link may work better ....

BTW In regards to the shorts lawsuit about "funding secured" in the extremely unlikely case Tesla loses and is forced to pay it will be ~12 years before Tesla has exhausted all possible legal recourse and The SCOTUS has ruled or refused to hear the case.

Tesla will be swimming in $$$$$ by then.

How is Tesla's case against Michigan going? This crap takes YEARS.

That this would be resolved in 2-3 years is lunacy.

Not a joke. I worked in a factory for 16 years, long ago. Hundreds of workers, at least 10 percent were on drugs. 20 percent or so drank just before or while on the job especially night shift. I was a teetotaler:rolleyes:

I am shocked I tell you! Shocked!

Shocked!.gif

• Love
Reactions: madodel
Out of curiosity, what did this factory manufacture and were all of them safe?
Wire & Cable. I worked in Q.C. I was on the floor of the factory most of the time. Older workers were the drinkers. Younger did the drugs. 80's and 90's. Could buy any drug I wanted but honestly I resisted. Top 2 engineers I worked with were hard core alcoholics. One tried to jump from 3rd floor window but was pulled back. Same factory today is now owned by Berkshire hathaway.

I just noticed when I type out a post and leave two spaces at the end of a sentence, the post only shows one space. There, see that? Just happened again. The gap between the old sentence and new sentence is not as large as when I type it. Why is this important to TMC on this thread? Well, it's not, but by golly jim there have been over a thousand posts on this thread in the last week that were just as useless. Everyone, think before your post. Support your arguments with facts. Cut to the chase and summarize. If you find yourself posting more than two times a day, you are part of the problem. As it is now, I skip all posts without at least five ratings. I have better things to do with my time, like a family drive in my M3. TSLA is not for day traders. If you are worried about the long term value of the SP, drive an M3 and you will stop worrying. Tesla has already won, and there is no turning back. Good night.

I just noticed when I type out a post and leave two spaces at the end of a sentence, the post only shows one space. There, see that? Just happened again. The gap between the old sentence and new sentence is not as large as when I type it. Why is this important to TMC on this thread? Well, it's not, but by golly jim there have been over a thousand posts on this thread in the last week that were just as useless. Everyone, think before your post. Support your arguments with facts. Cut to the chase and summarize. If you find yourself posting more than two times a day, you are part of the problem. As it is now, I skip all posts without at least five ratings. I have better things to do with my time, like a family drive in my M3. TSLA is not for day traders. If you are worried about the long term value of the SP, drive an M3 and you will stop worrying. Tesla has already won, and there is no turning back. Good night.

That’s just the way HTML is rendered. Ignores more than one space. Need to use   to represent extra space characters, although those won’t work in a forum post :)

In the most shocking development of the day, an article was published that actually has interesting information about Model 3 production.

Such a strange experience to read something useful about Tesla in a news article -- I almost fell out of my chair!

Linked here: Peter Campbell on Twitter

Edit: I see @avoigt also posted in the General thread but this link may work better ....

thanks for the better link. here are some highlights:

Highlights from the FT Evercore ISI article

Reactions: EinSV
... If I had a nickel for every crap article about how Elon "might (insert dire prediction here)" or how Tesla "will (describe implosion here)", I'd have a lot of nickels. I should keep track one of these years, since it only takes 6,800 or so nickels to buy a share of TSLA. That's only 19 crap articles a day and it seems we're way past that lately.
Clever observers here will note that you are not likely getting those nickels (ie. Funding not secured).

If you figure it out however, I'd like to be in on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.