Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the actual statement from the board, as given to the New Yuck Times:

“There have been many false and irresponsible rumors in the press about the discussions of the Tesla board. We would like to make clear that Elon’s commitment and dedication to Tesla is obvious. Over the past 15 years, Elon’s leadership of the Tesla team has caused Tesla to grow from a small start-up to having hundreds of thousands of cars on the road that customers love, employing tens of thousands of people around the world, and creating significant shareholder value in the process.”

Source: Tesla board backs Elon Musk as he faces the 'most painful' year of his career

That is a nasty piece of work by the author. The repetitive mingling of ‘a source in the know’ meant to slant everything negatively is abhorrent.

And then after hundreds of words to make him appear in the worst light, let’s throw in a short statement at the end from the board that contradicts a bunch of things the ‘source familiar with’ apparently said - because we’re balanced. Disgusting.

And some here question and criticize Elon’s every little move and his decision to take Tesla private? Please. This man owes you nothing. You don’t like what he does, take your money and get out.

You do not have to believe ME.

Feel free to make a few photos from the parking lot in front of the factory and post here. We are only looking for facts.
Wait...I'm confused.

I thought full parking lots meant that there was no demand. Now you're saying that half full parking lots mean no supply. So tell me oh wise one...which is it? Wait, I know...it's both, right? So there is no production in the morning and no demand at night then? Please...enlighten us.

Dan

And some board members have expressed concern not only about Mr. Musk’s workload but also about his use of Ambien, two people familiar with the board said.

But the Saudi fund had not committed to provide any cash, two people briefed on the discussions said.

Board members, blindsided by the chief executive’s market-moving statement, were angry that they had not been briefed, two people familiar with the matter said.

Some board members, however, have recently told Mr. Musk that he should lay off Twitter and focus on making cars and launching rockets, according to people familiar with the matter.

The S.E.C. investigation appears to be intensifying rapidly. Just days after the agency’s request for information, Tesla’s board and Mr. Musk received S.E.C. subpoenas, according to a person familiar with the matter.

But this has worried some board members, who have noted that sometimes the drug does not put Mr. Musk to sleep but instead contributes to late-night Twitter sessions, according to a person familiar with the board’s thinking. Some board members are also aware that Mr. Musk has on occasion used recreational drugs, according to people familiar with the matter.

Tesla executives have been trying for years to recruit a chief operating officer or other No. 2 executive to assume some of Mr. Musk’s day-to-day responsibilities, according to people familiar with the matter.

Also those two guys who are everywhere seem to have contributed a lot to this article too! Would sure like to know how they know so much that we don't, and are so willing to spill the beans to NYT. Sometimes it's just one guy, though, and sometimes an ill-defied number of people.

I've watched some TV legal dramas from the US. Is this where the defence attorney stands up and says: "Objection - hearsay!"?

Why not just publish the interview, which really is a scoop for NYT, instead of all these unsubstantiated allegations???

Ya, I want to know the exact replies and the questions asked to get those replies.

Have to admit though, Elon is a lot trusting of people and have a much brighter outlook on the world and ppl than me. My business methods are a lot darker than him and would've already consider NYT as enemy combattant. If I were in his shoes, I'd be plotting the secret downfall of many of these journalists and even the whole paper.

And now I am wondering. The arbitrage opportunity is now $100 for the buyout price. The risk reward is 31%

That is a nasty piece of work by the author. The repetitive mingling of ‘a source in the know’ meant to slant everything negatively is abhorrent.

And then after hundreds of words to make him appear in the worst light, let’s throw in a short statement at the end from the board that contradicts a bunch of things the ‘source familiar with’ apparently said - because we’re balanced. Disgusting.

And some here question and criticize Elon’s every little move and his decision to take Tesla private? Please. This man owes you nothing. You don’t like what he does, take your money and get out.
Agree, I see the light and privatization is the best option. If my shares are bought out at 420 so be it. Still hope to make it to the private side though.

Sigh .... model 3 is an amazing car ... tons of demand and Tesla is doing a great job producing them ... 5k seems to have been met and now we are hearing 6k is also going to happen very soon.

The rest is BS .... and I’m sick to death of it.

Elon should get rid of his twitter and stop granting interviews . He should also stop reading all the negative press .... too many amazing things are being done by this company.

Cheers to the longs

Wow there really is little buy pressure to counter the selling. Is the reason that retail investors that want to stay private are already more or less fully in the stock, while institutional investors are blocket from buying due to privliged information and/or a stock buying moratorium (as suggested by @Fact Checking)? I'm starting to think this more and more... What an arbitrage opportunity if the deal price holds at $420 (would be really hard to back off from that now).

Firstly, worth noting that the SP is still higher than before the Q2 EC, and fundamentals are now even better

Secondly, what are the implications of such a drop at this moment in time? Generally speaking good, no? With the exceptions of some option traders. Longs can accumulate, shorts can creep out the exit.

If we privatise, it's going to be 420 in the bag. If we don't privatise then it's going to be 420 because Tesla are doing fine.

So it hurt, it feels bad, the BS being spread around sucks majorly, but no need to panic.

Wow there really is little buy pressure to counter the selling. Is the reason that retail investors that want to stay private are already more or less fully in the stock, while institutional investors are blocket from buying due to privliged information and/or a stock buying moratorium (as suggested by @Fact Checking)? I'm starting to think this more and more... What an arbitrage opportunity if the deal price holds at $420 (would be really hard to back off from that now).

Forgive my ignorance, but there's no sell without a buy, right? So plenty of buying, just very smart buying that doesn't put the SP up.

If I have a few billion $ to spend, I'd be very happy right now, very happy indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.