Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does space x have enough capital or purchasing power to acquire a large chunk
Of Tesla? I have no idea .
What I just dug up has SpaceX valued at $25B and Elon's share as 54%. So I'm sure he could structure some sort of deal that would be in the billions.

BTW, I agree with a DaveT post from a few days ago. This is the first step on Tesla and SpaceX merging, even though that has been disavowed. Throw in the Boring Company, chip design, hyperloops, flamethrowers, surfboards, etc. and you have a technology and design brand that's a technological Berkshire Hathaway in the future.

Tesla is a bad stock to short long term.

Customer wishes gas didn't cost so much. This car's "gas" cost 1/4 less.
Customer wishes dealers didn't rip them off. This car doesn't need dealers.
Customer wishes cars didn't cost so much in maintenance. This care barely needs maintenance.
Customer wishes his car had better pick up. This car is faster, more fun to drive than gas cars.
Customer wishes his car had the tech they use everyday. This car has current tech, like your phone.

Customer is always right.

But only a small percentage of them know this solves many of their problems.

That is why Tesla will grow, and continue to grow.

Just add a bit of advertisement to spread the word and 10x is easy.

IT IS OBVIOUS.

Tesla Board issue statement: Tesla’s board releases statement backing Elon Musk in what he admits are difficult times

Musk said that he plans on staying CEO and Chairman at Tesla, but he added:

“if you have anyone who can do a better job, please let me know. They can have the job. Is there someone who can do the job better? They can have the reins right now.”

The board has now issued a statement denying some of the rumors attributed to them over the past few weeks and reiterating their support:

“There have been many false and irresponsible rumors in the press about the discussions of the Tesla board. We would like to make clear that Elon’s commitment and dedication to Tesla is obvious. Over the past 15 years, Elon’s leadership of the Tesla team has caused Tesla to grow from a small start-up to having hundreds of thousands of cars on the road that customers love, employing tens of thousands of people around the world, and creating significant shareholder value in the process.”

Interesting that Musk put a timeline on the pain: two months. Does that mean the going private transaction is completed by then?

Where did you read that? In the NYT article it says:

He said he was bracing for “at least a few months of extreme torture from the short-sellers, who are desperately pushing a narrative that will possibly result in Tesla’s destruction.”

Wow, did I ever end up predicting the NYT hit piece that came out later in the day to a T.

NYT has been as nutty as journal all week. And they top the week off with this skewed article.

Can’t tell if it bad journalism, pursuit of clicks, or someone from the oil or car biz got to them.

The headline of it should be “Changing the world takes a heavy toll, but Elon is succeeding “

You can spin it anyway you wan't, but I find that interview disturbing.

"At multiple points in an hourlong interview with The New York Times, he choked up"
--
Asked if the exhaustion was taking a toll on his physical health, Mr. Musk answered: “It’s not been great, actually. I’ve had friends come by who are really concerned.”

--
In the interview on Thursday, Mr. Musk alternated between laughter and tears.

--
He said he had been working up to 120 hours a week recently — echoing the reason he cited in a recent public apology to an analyst whom he had berated. In the interview, Mr. Musk said he had not taken time off of more than a week since 2001, when he was bedridden with malaria.

“There were times when I didn’t leave the factory for three or four days — days when I didn’t go outside,” he said. “This has really come at the expense of seeing my kids. And seeing friends.”

Mr. Musk stopped talking, seemingly overcome by emotion.

--

To help sleep when he is not working, Mr. Musk said he sometimes takes Ambien. “It is often a choice of no sleep or Ambien,” he said.
I didn't realise Rita Skeeter works for the NYT

What a brutal week. I only ended up with fairly modest gains after having to bail early from my last two TSLA trades. Thought I’d have a good chance of riding them up to $400 but it wasn’t to be.

I wasn’t expecting this, but the near term chart is pointing to a ~ $323 bottom for me. Hoping to jump back in yet again around there. Absolutely nuts that I’m saying that after all the $420 privatization talk. Never would have guessed.

Agree with others that peak fud should once again be hit soon. Good luck to all.

About hit a convincing price point from a purely chartist point of view. Worth a gamble at $323 in my opinion. $306-$310 support is equally likely.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
It seems pretty clear to me that between now and the Q3 delivery numbers that the FUD is only going to increase and it will continue to have downward pressure on the stock price. Unless something definitive comes regarding privatization before that, the next month looks pretty abysmal to me. Said it before and I'll say it now. The power that all the BS has to negatively effect the stock is obscene to me but I guess it is what it is and it certainly isn't going away.

This company needs to be private.

Dan

Sourced more dry powder yesterday thinking jump in more in the 330’s. Then my NYT subscription pays me off X?? who knows?

Hope this shakes out some more weak longs. Hope I can hold on to the majority of my shares when Tesla goes private, but 320 for 420? This is even better than SolarCity!

All u new Care Bears showing up... been there done that
Repetition of pure BS... been there done that
NYT CRAP (Broder).... been there done that
CNBC parade of shorts... been there done that

Buying more TSLA on sales from the sheeple...

Doing that more today!

Fire Away!

You do not have to believe ME.

Feel free to make a few photos from the parking lot in front of the factory and post here. We are only looking for facts.

Please enlighten us about the precise methodology when it comes to photographing the parking lot and translating that in to weekly production rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.