Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. Pick your largest tech companies Apple, Facebook, etc. and look at their P/E ratios. They are all in the low-mid double digits despite earning $billions.
In response to this, I show you Netflix, Amazon: profits and three-digit P/E ratios.

You're cherry-picking. Go away. Your thesis is nonsense.

If you look at the P/E ratio trajectory of Google or Apple, the P/E slowly settled down by the price growing and the earnings growing faster. There was no "instant reset" when earnings became positive. You're making up a looney thesis here.

Well the good news is Elon didn't say anything that could crash the stock tomorrow.
The bad news is, I dunno, I can't think of anything. I guess that itself is good these days.
Fun podcast overall, but damn did it run long. Over 3 hours.
For all those that don’t get it, Elon just smashed the Internet. Sold a million cars along the way too.

And yes, the blunt smoking is iconic GOAT lore now.

I see that most people posting about the Joe Rogan Experience view it as positive. I didn't. I found it boring. Seemed like every time Musk was starting to get deep into a subject, Rogan would break it with some cliche or some common stoner-thought that isn't actually that deep. No complaints, from me, about anything Musk discussed, but I do think the stock price is going to suffer because he took a hit on a blunt on video.

The shorts will try to attack him for smoking weed.
The problem is that smoking weed will improve his appeal to the vast majority of people who would buy a Tesla.

Honestly, I believe we are better with this interview. He's been very human: For how long can the trolls/shorts spin the smoking weed thing?

The last institutional shareholders that don't like this kind of stuff have been leaving for the last months/weeks/days.

The interview is good for Elon fans, for people that don't know him, for people who was disappointed about the pedo thing, for people who like genuine people...

I'm happy with it and I'm happy with Elon.

I see that most people posting about the Joe Rogan Experience view it as positive. I didn't. I found it boring. Seemed like every time Musk was starting to get deep into a subject, Rogan would break it with some cliche or some common stoner-thought that isn't actually that deep. No complaints, from me, about anything Musk discussed, but I do think the stock price is going to suffer because he took a hit on a blunt on video.

I agree with the stoner-thought comment but I don't view the whole podcast as a negative. For me, it's a non-event. Haters are still gonna hate and supporters will still support.

I'm not happy at all about the short interest going down dramatically.

From about 35 million to 32 over the last month - a reduction of the short interest from 27.7% of the float to 25.4% of the float - or about a 2.3% reduction in the short interest.

There's a significant body of short position of at least 25 million shares that seem to be stuck at much lower price levels, which cannot cover yet. There's a much lower proportion of opportunistic shorts who are apparently using this low volume window before Q3 to get out. Good call by them - and this might also reduce the level of FUD.

Still more than enough rocket fuel for an epic short squeeze.

For how long is the price going to suffer because of that? Will it matter in 1 month' time?

I don't know. Some people are still very anti-weed and will boycott Tesla and TSLA because of it. Some people are very pro-weed and will like Elon even more because of it. Some people, like me, will simply shrug it off and not really care about it. I don't know how that mix of people is going to affect the stock price in one month.

An air conditioner is just a heat pump. I don't really know how that can be made more efficient.

Maybe. He also mentioned basically controllable dampers for room by room cooling. While that isn't a new idea it's safe to say they are working on more Tesla Energy products. I also wouldn't put it passed his engineering teams to come up with something.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
An air conditioner is just a heat pump. I don't really know how that can be made more efficient.

It's a high value, high margin appliance that uses a lot of electricity - i.e. it's the perfect product for Tesla Energy / Storage.

There's also plenty of demand: heat waves are becoming a lot more common due to global warming. After this year's record heat wave in Scandinavia I'd expect there to be a market for whole-house air conditioners even in Finland. :cool:

Honestly, I believe we are better with this interview. He's been very human: For how long can the trolls/shorts spin the smoking weed thing?

The last institutional shareholders that don't like this kind of stuff have been leaving for the last months/weeks/days.

The interview is good for Elon fans, for people that don't know him, for people who was disappointed about the pedo thing, for people who like genuine people...

I'm happy with it and I'm happy with Elon.
Smoking weed is as legal as drinking a beer in California. Like you said it showed his humanity as well as being endearing as it showed a certain innocence with this seemingly a first experience with it.

He has gained a lot of new fans tonight, which translates into interest in Tesla. He even got Joe Rogan to commit to buying a car.

His passion came through and that is big as the viewership at 12am (3am east) had hit 300k views, which will easily go over 2m by tomorrow.

That is manipulation in morning dip:
Manipulation.png

Status
Not open for further replies.