Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all likelihood, he's just trying to damage the notion, believed by left-leaning people, that the government ...

So Tesla only survived because of...?
No

/R
Saw this coming
predicted
Musk/Tesla,elements that distort thinking:
Not Political
Not Dem vs Rep
Not Trump derangement syndrome
vs Elon derangement syndrome

Not Trump distortion Field
vs Elon distortion field

(These are things. It's Steve Jobs' simulation now,\we just live in it.)

Not about ideology/preventing the apocalypse

Nor is it sadly Not about Making America
safe for sex again

Trump is about, Clear Simple Thinking
Jobs, MAGA
America, Americans
Also:
Jobs and MAGA
And MAGA Jobs Jobs

Tesla is All That

Big Bonus: American Prestige
World follows in Tesla's wake

Keep the faith, people.

So after trying to follow the trains of thought here...I have become confused (nothing new there)
Is it the board that will decide who the Chairman will be? Is it the board that will decide who the new board members will be?

Shareholders elect the Board, which are nominated from the nominating committee of the Board. Every public company must publish its corporate governance procedures. And most public boards carry significant amounts of D&O insurance because it's a serious function with significant liability. Looking forward to improved governance at TSLA.

Here is TSLA and every investor should understand what it's investing in, including the board. http://ir.tesla.com/static-files/c2ff3fcf-bacd-4d47-87b3-7c22bf79439f

Actually Newt has always been pro American business, jobs, and innovation. In my opinion people make a huge mistake by assuming generalities based on politics...either way. Tesla has appeal to ALL political persuasions. Obviously they support and drive the electric movement and thus threaten the fossil fuel and automotive industries. This typically has traction with the left. But, they also are a virtually all American company which supplies American jobs, supports the American economy and advances the influence of the American business sector in international venues. Typically pros for the right. I think it is a big mistake to assume that Tesla only has value and appeal to one side of the political isle or the other.

Dan

And the reverse is also true. Tesla's enemies come from both sides of the aisle. Oil companies are definitely right wing but left wing unions are also anti-Tesla.

The media are harder to figure out. I think they just follow who pays them.

I gotta admit I didn’t think they would be cutting it this close. So best case they make a few million dollars profit? I can see bears spinning this to say the ASP of Model 3 will never be as high as this quarter, therefore Tesla will never really be profitable.
I thought the shorts were betting on bankruptcy by q1 2019. A break even with all the problem regarding delivery hell, paint etc, and the remaining model 3 production lines capital expenses, would surely mean a successful stopping of cash drain, and a better q4. With the bankruptcy officially off the table, and maybe a mild buying opportunity in a week, what not to like?

Is your global warming denial of religious nature, or can it be changed with new data?

Here's the current data:

DgP2M5jXUAEfAOP.jpg
It would be cool if someone matched that chart with another chart showing how much money has been made from burning fossil fuels over the same time period, and maybe also who has made the money.

Note: Price is actually $4,000 + tax. Tesla said they would honor the lowest upgrade option ever presented to me which is $4,000 post purchase.

There was no doubt in my mind with the AP3 upgrade coming I was going to pull the trigger. If I was going to pull the trigger, why not do it on day of Tesla's greatest need?

And for those who think I am helping out billionaires - go frack yourself. I donate more than this annually to organizations who do not give me any toys in exchange.

upload_2018-9-30_10-43-24.png

Note: Price is actually $4,000 + tax. Tesla said they would honor the lowest upgrade option ever presented to me which is $4,000 post purchase.

There was no doubt in my mind with the AP3 upgrade coming I was going to pull the trigger. If I was going to pull the trigger, why not do it on day of Tesla's greatest need?

And for those who think I am helping out billionaires - go frack yourself. I donate more than this annually to organizations who do not give me any toys in exchange.

View attachment 339425

Thanks for this. Where else can we find this type of customer support? No other product brings people and their wallets to the table like Tesla.

Make no mistake about it, this is a cult. And you don’t want to short a cult that has faithful followers all around the globe, ready to spend, ready to help, ready to spread word of mouth. And oh, it helps that many cult members just happens to be filthy rich and angry at the establishment.

the level of delusion on this board is unhealthy.

Elon negotiated a settlement, went against his advisers to reject it only to accept a worse version a day later. How is this a win for Elon?
You should worry less about board delusion and concentrate more on getting your facts straight. I guarantee this settlement was not a worse version.

View attachment 339425

Did you call the service center or Tesla directly ?

Reactions: MXWing

View attachment 339425

Love this......if that surfboard reappears, I'm in for a half a dozen. :D

View attachment 339425
It's a service, which in California is not taxed. Why did you have to pay tax?

If you bought software that you owned, then it gets taxed, but since you don't own the software, only the right to use it, per the practices of Tesla locking down the vehicle, then it is a service Tesla provides through you. In fact, the software won't work without the Mothership (computer servers at Tesla amalgamating the software results).

I guess it's enough of a gray area that they just jip us even more.

You know, this brings up a more general issue: the notion that the independent directors should be from academia, in general. People who choose to go into academia rather than the private sphere are pretty much by definition not hungry for self-enrichment.

Spiritual and intellectual enrichment are the least fattening yet most satisfactory augmentations of self—the Buddha in all of us.

Warren Buffett would be my choice for chairman.
Though not available.

If he accepted, the stock would double overnight.
Any objections?
I gotta admit I didn’t think they would be cutting it this close. So best case they make a few million dollars profit? I can see bears spinning this to say the ASP of Model 3 will never be as high as this quarter, therefore Tesla will never really be profitable.
the thinking outside of this forum is that tesla is expected to lose money. This is going to freak out the shorts as they slowly realize their thesis is being destroyed, starting on Tuesday.

You should worry less about board delusion and concentrate more on getting your facts straight. I guarantee this settlement was not a worse version.

it was, those are the facts.

in rebutting my delusion you only prove your own delusion immediately assuming the old settlement was worse, without ANY evidence, just because you can't fathom that Elon just messed up.

Groupthink is when this entire thread (80%+) swore up and down the SEC had no case, it was a massive conspiracy, and that Elon was right to turn down the settlement. You have someone like me who is 100% long invested in TSLA yet got accused of all sorts of things because I actually bothered to do some research and saw that most legal analysts said that the SEC had a real case and it was 50/50. People were attacked just for saying that Elon should've taken the deal. Guess what? Elon realized a day later he should've.

Groupthink and delusion is that one video of Gorman (an ex-SEC counsel) saying he didn't see a case was shared over and over while tons of analysis to the contrary was ignored. It is not a healthy mindset for investing.

I don't wish any ill-will or share any animosity and am not trying to attack individual posters. Just saying there should be a little bit of a recalibration at times that Elon is amazing, I'm invested cause I believe in him but he can be wrong. Especially this year when he has been very erratic.

Last edited:
the thinking outside of this forum is that tesla is expected to lose money. This is going to freak out the shorts as they slowly realize their thesis is being destroyed, starting on Tuesday.

I hope you’re right, but 5 years of investing in TSLA has taught me that shorts will ALWAYS find a way to spin facts to fit their narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.