Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone I just wanted to share some of my experiences with talking about Tesla with friends over the last few weeks. I got my performance Model 3 about 3 weeks ago. Almost everyone I have given a ride to loves the car and wants to get one themselves. Keep in mind I’m from conservative oil country. When I mention the stock they typically repeat the talking points they hear from the media. Most of them have no clue Tesla is about to turn profitable.

I think the SEC settlement will be a major turning point for this stock. I’m an uber bull and even for me it was hard to hold long on this stock considering it’s wild swings and crazy fud headlines from the media. I had many friends tell me to sell my stock. Especially after the NYT hit piece. I’m just glad the worst seems to be over. There of course will be more fud and the shorts will definitely turn to lack of demand. Once we see demand still strong after Q1 2019 that should be the final nail in the coffin of the short thesis.

Looking forward to this wild ride with you all. I think we are now at the climax of this ride!

I am glad you are invested in TSLA and your input here is always valuable. But, I have spent too much time in arctic Alaska and Canada to see the absurdity of anyone who doubts climate change. Even where Audi, our thread mod, lives a good 800 miles south of the arctic circle, the fires have increased and all the lakes are low to the point the beavers have dropped off severely in population.

I think you simply need to get out into the natural world and just open your eyes.

Audi? WTF!!

Q4 will be intense. Not so many cars in transit from Q3. Quarter end delivery will be tough. One potential positive factor is we might get the trade war over. That would be really good for TSLA.

Except you're forgetting that we enter the quarter with a higher production rate than we entered Q3, so it's easier to produce more cars and now the delivery centres are more geared-up to getting the out there.

I think it will be fine...

Any idea who much revenue they will be able to recognize from releasing this?

Wild guess (250k cars with EAP, $1k still deferred) $250 million currently. Call it 100 million to be conservative... Next quarter could add 60 million to that number if most people get V9 out the door. So Q4 would be $150 million plus?

Edit: Q4 EAP, $1 EPS...

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan and SpaceCash
If he said they were already, the normal reaction would be to ease off on Sunday. Better to hang the carrot/stick to push through till the end.

Also, if in profit territory, for all deliveries at this point gross margin is net margin. Super boost to the bottom line.

Also, (if I remember correctly) even the smallest quarterly profit counts in qualifying for inclusion in the S & P 500 index, or no?

I think Gates would be a bad choice.

Not only did he set back IT decades, making everyone expect IT to always fail, but he also engaged in illegal, anti-competitive business practices.

Sorry to say but it’s important to have friends in low places as well as high places.

Hence I’d like Cook as chairmen and some guy who knows wall st well to be the other chairperson.

Warren Buffett would be my choice for chairman.
Though not available.

If he accepted, the stock would double overnight.
Any objections?

Yes.

He says he doesn't go for tech investments as he doesn't understand them (or some such). Plus he's too old, might have a heart attack like anyone close to Elon. (I know, agist, but I'm near Buffet's age.)

Thiel is a wallet, and has the connections to open it. He's learned a few things along the way but most drafts behind others. He is not an operator.....certainly not of a $50B enterprise.

Don't hold back, be selective, TSLA deserves amazing leadership.
Or it will Peter principle out very quickly.
Feel a need to explain a joke, this time only: Thiel is Peter, right? So a Peter as principal is self inhibitive.

Hence my "Funny" symbol.

Last edited:
Yes.

He says he doesn't go for tech investments as he doesn't understand them (or some such). Plus he's too old, might have a heart attack like anyone close to Elon. (I know, agist, but I'm near Buffet's age.)
So after trying to follow the trains of thought here...I have become confused (nothing new there)
Is it the board that will decide who the Chairman will be? Is it the board that will decide who the new board members will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.