Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Elon is right in his impression that the judge thinks the SEC was being too harsh on him.

That’s certainly my view, but how can he really know?

Maybe it was just standard procedure and he’s reading this all wrong.

Regardless, why TWEET about it???

Just get the thing settled or proceed with fighting it, but please stop randomly tweeting
Agreed. I don't think there is any way Elon can know the judge's perspective, which sounded like boilerplate language to be honest. It's Elon's opinion that the judge is biased his way, which may or may not be true. Probably not a great idea to assume it and declare it to the public. Even if the judge was leaning that way, such a move could have an unintended effect. I'm not an attorney or a judge, but we have several in the family, and they don't generally respond well to expecting them to lean a certain way.

I agree. Elon just needs to focus on production and deliveries right now. Things will fall into place once profits are announced during ER. Let’s get back to it Elon, take your own advice and ignore the noise.

I don't think this is the case. Its not like a solid Q3 EC is going to cause all the shorts to shrug their shoulders and go home--a solid qtr is only going to cause them to redouble their efforts. Regardless of what Elon tweets or doesn't tweet, the FUD machine is going to be on over-drive. Media coverage is the same way--they are currently addicted to the Tesla is doomed storyline--look at the treatment of the delivery numbers this week--they were mostly ignored or mis-reported.

This idea that things will get better if Elon is better behaved is a fantasy. He is Tesla's best weapon and trying to neuter him is playing into the hands of Tesla's detractors.

Essentially, if you short a company - you're saying, to the people who are building and creating something of value to society and/or sub-segments of society, that "I want to destroy you and everything of value you're trying to create".
Really? I thought I was only saying: "I think your stock is currently overpriced." I had no idea I was actually a cartoon villain!

Could you specifically explain?

excuse me sir, i speak jive...

i think what he’s saying is, elon has been beta-testing neuralink’s BTCI for the last 12 months...he’s glitched a bit here and there, but he’s on a blues-brothers-like mission from god, so to speak, and he’s about to blow the house down on the whole establishment. hah.

but really, the BCI seems very possible to me, and i’ve thought about it, and it would explain a lot about recent events, the extreme highs and lows... but i think you’re safe for now. but i’ll go on record as having warned everyone!

i’ll make sure to announce every contract i buy as well so you guys can duck for cover for a day or two lol. wtf
never fails

don’t care anymore. i’m in until boomer and i die in each other’s arms hahha

Don't play, we know YOU are the dog ;)
Good thing Tesla has autopilot.

Correct. I was imprecise before. I have to assume that someone supporting EM with outlining the go private/unlisting deal would have also looked into this very scenario, and thereby including it in the set of not acceptable solutions.
Love your contributions, lkl. Disagreed with your comment only in that, as neroden rightly says, Elon has a lot on his plate right now and we shouldn't assume he is aware of this *ahem* innovative option.

What say we put neroden on a plane to Fremont to go explain how it could work? That's a win-win-win right there!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.