Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon Musk on Twitter

" Exactly. Short-sellers are value destroyers. Should definitely be illegal."

Elon would be better off just ignoring this stuff
He is not wrong though. Shorting is illegal/not an option in many countries around the world at their local stock markets, including many countries here in Europe.

So how long does it take for Deepak to work through the numbers for the quarter? Is it something that Elon would have known on Monday 10/1? Or does it take some days for confirmation? If they were good, would it be reasonable to expect Elon to somehow share this information, especially with the stock tanking? Because we haven't heard anything, is that a bad sign?

Do you think that the first time Musk got,the sh*t kicked out him in the school yard he thought “maybe if I’m just nice to them they won’t kick the sh*t out of me anymore”. What he learned was they kept kicking the sh*t outta him until he fought back. Mind you he still got the sh*t kicked outta him again, but for the last time.

When one is getting the sh*t kicked out of ones self one needs to draw the line. Do any of you think if he just played nice, that all of this would stop?

We are also all getting the *sugar* kicked out of us by the shorts. We need to fight back. They need to be sued. Need to put them on their heels. They spread lies that mislead the investment community. The SEC needs to prosecute them. We need to pressure the SEC to do so. If SEC doesn't investigate and sue the Tesla investors should. Tesla Inc should. Elon should. Short sellers, journalists, media outlets, anyone spreading misinformation. They need pushback, they need consequences for their wrongdoing or else they'll keep doing it.
So who's gonna take the charge? I'll throw in some $$ to kick start it. It's easy to find the lies. Pick any article and sue for libel. That'll make 'em think twice.

So how long does it take for Deepak to work through the numbers for the quarter? Is it something that Elon would have known on Monday 10/1? Or does it take some days for confirmation? If they were good, would it be reasonable to expect Elon to somehow share this information, especially with the stock tanking? Because we haven't heard anything, is that a bad sign?
You know Deepak doesn’t sit with a calculator and work through the numbers, right ? I expect books of large companies will take a couple of weeks to close after month end. They may need to do some manual adjustments after that - so, 3 weeks ?

Elon should really tweet something like "sorry to Tesla longs for recent distractions. SEC did their job and while I may not agree with them fully I stand by our agreement. My focus is on executing day in and day out to advance the mission as fast as possible"
Elon should sue the NY Times, bloomberg, puppets of hedge funds on twitter, and anyone else spreading false information in an attempt to manipulate SP.

Get em Elon.

I approve.

If he doesn’t fight back he and his company will keep getting bent over the woodshed.

It’s time to lawyer up and go after everybody.

Win or lose it’s better than now.

I’ve never heard of a high profile SEC case rushed into a 2 week span because of an end of year budget rush. This action caused substantially more volume and price movement than Elon’s tweet about taking Tesla private.

Additionally, there are constant leaks from the SEC side to the press.

If Elon allows this to be the norm his company will be destroyed.

It’s time to fight.

You know Deepak doesn’t sit with a calculator and work through the numbers, right ? I expect books of large companies will take a couple of weeks to close after month end. They may need to do some manual adjustments after that - so, 3 weeks ?

I think it’s most likely less than 3 weeks. The report would also need to then get reviewed by the company auditors and the audit committee. All of this probably takes around 3 weeks when almost $7 billion dollars of revenue is involved.

Disclosure: guessing from somewhat limited experience with internals of public companies.

Edit: I also think if they have over $50 million in GAAP profit, Elon and Deepak know today that they hit GAAP profitability.

Are you racist?

Stating that our society has racists doesn't make me one.

The same goes for pointing to cases of white, male self-entitlement, so I liked it when someone on this topic mentioned the powerful members of society, Donald Trump and Brett Kavanaugh.

I am (not) sorry if I burst anyone's bubble, so let's all go back to our usual light mood, perhaps with a little joke,
The US police officer who joked 'we only kill black people' has resigned

PS. I use an actual photo of myself here so I was evidently referring also to myself in my first post on this topic.

That’s almost 5x the average daily volume. How could 51m shares be accumulated without a significant increase in price?
The Saudi's bought 5% w/o anyone noticing. They spread their share accumulation over a 6 month period. Elon could simply place a hard stop buy order at $267 and soak up any shorting. Then $270, $275, ...

As soon as the word is out, the shorting stops immediately, because they know they'll never get those shares back, and they'll need shares to vote at the next AGM.

Last edited:
hold up there Tex. Wasn't it VW gassing the lab rats to prove diesel smoke is good for you? /s
Yeah that was my point, smoking pot and crazy tweets aren't great except for pr, and they may harm or help stock price in the short term, but when someone gets to the point where they are doing real harm that's when it's time to call for resignation. Crazy thing is it sounds like Autopilot is actually saving lives, not just for Tesla owners but for other drivers too. Great excuse to buy a car btw, even better than global warming.

The Saudi's bought 5% w/o anyone knowing. They spread the accumulation over 6 months. Elon could simply place a hard stop buy order at $267 and buy up any shorting. Then $270, $275, ...

As soon as the word is out, the shorting stops immediately, because they know they'll never get those shares back.
I think the SEC would have a problem with that too, and Musk wouldn't have much of a case.

Disagreed with your comment only in that, as neroden rightly says, Elon has a lot on his plate right now and we shouldn't assume he is aware of this *ahem* innovative option.

What say we put neroden on a plane to Fremont to go explain how it could work? That's a win-win-win right there!

Cheers!

Well, I would be most happy to have been mistaken on this point. :)

Edit PS. Apologies to @neroden for doubting that his (free) advice om TMC was more valuable than that of surely very expensive consultants to Elon Musk.

Last edited:
They won't say anything officially till Nov. However, Elon tweeted that rap song O.P.P. right after the Q end. Which you could interpret as Operating Profit Positive. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.