Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for these, is there a summarized total for 9/30 to show total institutional shares held compared to 6/30?

Also, where do you obtain this info, I tried googling my way to them and regretted it. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Here is BMO:

GetImage.png

Posted 3 hours ago now. He is a major player in the never Trump group, but I just can not figure where the hate for Elon is coming from.

Again... still don't see it. Are you calling this:

"OLD AND BUSTED: New Trump Hotels (with money laundering and trafficking); SpaceX NEW HOTNESS: Painting of “Trump Playing Poker with Dogs”; Teslaquila"

... an accusation of money laundering? It very explicitly accuses Trump Hotels of that. It just calls SpaceX "OLD AND BUSTED".

Also: I'm not sure why we're supposed to care so much about this person's views. Also: "Some random liberal hates Elon; details at 11". Surely this isn't the first one you've seen. Some are naturally predisposed to hate him (regardless of what he's working towards) because he's a billionaire, and in their worldview, a person can't accrue billions of dollars without being an evil exploitative kleptocrat.

(Note: I am myself liberal)

Last edited:

"OLD AND BUSTED: New Trump Hotels (with money laundering and trafficking); SpaceX NEW HOTNESS: Painting of “Trump Playing Poker with Dogs”; Teslaquila"

... an accusation of money laundering? It very explicitly accuses Trump Hotels of that. It just calls SpaceX "OLD AND BUSTED".

Also: I'm not sure why we're supposed to care so much about this person's views.
I also don't see it. I'm not a big Twitter guy, maybe it's embedded in a reply somewhere? Maybe it's been deleted?

Eric Garland (@ericgarland) | Twitter

Reactions: Scuttlebutt

Also: I'm not sure why we're supposed to care so much about this person's views.

It's a pattern I am seeing with him and he has reach. He is implying down the thread Musk's dirty and he has done this before. There doesn't seem to be any impact on shares, so it's all good. Thanks for the feedback:). Back to the Market!

I think it was Elon that mentioned v9 would be sensor agnostic on the last conference call. Good to see confirmation. Also show how analysts are out of their depth. This seems to be a major development and i dont recall any discussion. Dont think TMC discussed it here either (not that we had much time before the tweet).

Is it weapons grade AI now? Asking for an analyst.

:)

finally $tsla synched up with the nasdaq again.

I know that we will move back up above 300 soon.

The delta between the positive outlook and current stock price is so frustrating though.
I'm just grateful to have bought more August 2019's this morning. I don't think I'm being a stupid gambler when I say the upside on those calls is insane right now.

Reactions: BrianZ
It's a pattern I am seeing with him and he has reach. He is implying down the thread Musk's dirty

No, he really isn't. He made only one further comment, "Yup! Just pointing out a trend of how it's going for certain "powerful" people." and linked an article about Musk stepping down as chairman, furthering his initial (SpaceX/Tesla confusing) "BUSTED" comment. He never implied that Musk was involved in money laundering. That was specifically ascribed to Trump Hotels.

And again, not like it would matter even if some political commenter on Twitter thought Musk was involved in sacrificing babies to resurrect the Crimson King.

Last edited:
“Satellites with phased array antennas are sort of the communications jacks of all trades, capable of offering high-bandwidth connectivity to stationary user terminals, large ground stations, and moving vehicles simultaneously from with the same antenna array.”

SpaceX board member says Starlink prototype satellites "are working wonderfully"

Does anyone have an estimate for Spacex internet services value add to vehicle, storage, and solar products?

As a benefit of Spacex relationship with Tesla, it appears to me not many have really been able to value effectively this internet service to Tesla motors and energy.

Any suggestions for insight?

SpaceX has huge implication to Tesla's valuation. Most people on this forum understand this. But let's not talk about it, otherwise shorts will start a campaign to attack SpaceX.

otherwise shorts will start a campaign to attack SpaceX.

Shorts and the media are waiting for one slip-up from SpaceX to start their barrage of attacks. When they had an explosion two years ago it was a field day. This time around even a small slip-up they will be merciless and relentless. Playbook is simple: If you attack SpaceX, you are attacking Musk and that will bring down Tesla.

Model 3 might be surprise big seller to retirees.

Have already seen chatter about charging for free at RV campsites nationwide.

Does anyone have an estimate of auto sales in the retiree market or the nationwide RV campsite market?
Don't know what the sales estimate would be, but I've been encouraging my Grandma to get one, she's already limiting her driving due to vision problems and just failed her vision test last week, a problem that many have. The cool thing, the coolest thing about self driving in my opinion, is for many of these people who are hugely dependent on cars just to get around and see people, is self driving will physically extend the length and quality of their lives because it will make it easier to see friends, doctor's appointments, and fun trips, and lessen the burden on their families and make the roads safer. We drive to see her an hour each way at least once a week, and the benefits would be nice even for us too although not essential. The biggest deterrent is getting her to learn and trust the technology, and the 3 will likely be a lot less comfortable than her cushy old 2003 Lexus. Interesting thing is she's been thinking about getting a Camry, which is almost in the same price range as the 3.

I think there are a probably a lot of retirees like her that can afford new cars, but don't see much point to new ones unless there was some big benefit. And self driving is just that, considering that many people in our car dominated society become kind of housebound when they give up their car, she talks all the time about friends that are trying to "bum" rides from her or others because they can't drive anymore but want to do things and see people. Would love to see more gray and white haired folks out there that will be limited only by their ability to get in and out of a car, not drive it.

Last edited:
Thanks. This made me think about something. The news media are not actually trapped! The car companies can't stop advertising even if the media turned against them, because the first one to reduce ad spend would tank in comparison to its rivals. The media could actually write the truth, support the environment, do good for the country (had to throw that in) and it wouldn't hurt them. Well, until the traditional car companies go bankwupt, but that will happen anyway.
I see what you're saying, however... I can imagine the first large media outlet "betraying" the legacy automakers by reporting extensively on how much better Teslas are than legacy ICE autos (simply reporting the truth IMHO :)), and how Tesla has such good customer satisfaction, and how they're one by one leaving the major brands in the dust regarding market share, etc... Big Auto suddenly "doesn't need" that media source anymore, and throws more $ towards all the other loyal media. "No advertising $ for YOU!"
And; as long as Tesla makes for good clickbait by making them look bad, who can resist?

Anyway, how about that market action?o_O

Tesla Turnover Revamps Executive Team

“Tesla’s employee organization chart, located on an internal company website and viewed by The Information...”

Dana Hull congratulates Amir on his “get.” Maybe real reporters need to ask was this information “viewed” by illegal access or not? Or how does this illegal begotten information expose any wrong doing whatsoever? Or maybe this has more to do with stealing tesla information for illegal financial gain?

The extent of overt crimes happening against Tesla is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Tesla Turnover Revamps Executive Team

“Tesla’s employee organization chart, located on an internal company website and viewed by The Information...”

Dana Hull congratulates Amir on his “get.”

The extent of overt crimes happening against Tesla is ridiculous.
Has anyone found a leak of the leak? They seem OK with leaking, so feel free to share :)

Reactions: SpaceCash
Model 3 might be surprise big seller to retirees.

Have already seen chatter about charging for free at RV campsites nationwide.

Does anyone have an estimate of auto sales in the retiree market or the nationwide RV campsite market?

N of one and all that, but....

The key justification for me to spend over $72,000 total for our M3 was the safety factor for an 82 year old driver. We're not the RV type.

I'm greatly disappointed in the ride, however, but understand why that is so. This is a sports sedan, and our other car is a 2001 Lexus LS430 which is a bit quieter and much smoother ride (even though not air suspension which I wanted for the M3 but not yet available). The Lexus handles and drives well despite some compromises for comfort. Even though I'm not a particularly race-track type, despite a harsh bump on our poor local streets, the car's steering is far superior to the Lexus and I noticed driving from Rocklin pickup store to home (the first 30 or so miles) how adroitly I could move the car around slower moving vehicles, and cut ahead of them with ease—another potential safety factor for the aged. You get the feeling this beast has all four feet firmly planted on the pavement and ready to move anywhere with "the guickness" and precision.

Not at all regretting the purchase. My wife wants to keep the Lexus; I don't. We'll soon have to visit progeny in Santa Rosa when I will have enough courage to try autopilot. The review of V9 by the AI guy is a mindblower. Really look forward to installation of the new chip to handle such greater input, split screens, etc.

N of one and all that, but....

The key justification for me to spend over $72,000 total for our M3 was the safety factor for an 82 year old driver. We're not the RV type.

I'm greatly disappointed in the ride, however, but understand why that is so. This is a sports sedan, and our other car is a 2001 Lexus LS430 which is a bit quieter and much smoother ride (even though not air suspension which I wanted for the M3 but not yet available). The Lexus handles and drives well despite some compromises for comfort. Even though I'm not a particularly race-track type, despite a harsh bump on our poor local streets, the car's steering is far superior to the Lexus and I noticed driving from Rocklin pickup store to home (the first 30 or so miles) how adroitly I could move the car around slower moving vehicles, and cut ahead of them with ease—another potential safety factor for the aged. You get the feeling this beast has all four feet firmly planted on the pavement and ready to move anywhere with "the guickness" and precision.

Not at all regretting the purchase. My wife wants to keep the Lexus; I don't. We'll soon have to visit progeny in Santa Rosa when I will have enough courage to try autopilot. The review of V9 by the AI guy is a mindblower. Really look forward to installation of the new chip to handle such greater input, split screens, etc.

If you have the budget for it, consider trading yours in when air suspension comes out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.