Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AH the beginnings of a new book appear!

Industrial genius Elon has come upon a startling discovery. He is prevented from informing the public and must do it by passing on clues.

The clues include a reference to the fictional culture empire, a globe of Mars, and a picture of a lemur.

What does it all mean?

Why first contact of course !
Now what will that do to the markets!

Last edited:
Don't tell the shorts but lemurs are called like that because of the large eyes and the ancient Romans thought it looks like "Death Ghost" eyes. Can't wait for the moment we hear a story about Elon advised the Tesla Death Ghost is expected today ;) (Lemures)

Just in case, I'll walk barefoot at midnight with gaze averted and throw black beans over my shoulder while chanting "Haec ego mitto; his redimo meque meosque fabis" nine times ;)

Do we still not have a set date for the earnings call?

Last year Tesla announced the November 1 earnings report date on October 19, i.e. if they are following that historic pattern they'll announce the ER date tomorrow (October 19, Friday) after the market has closed.

But they could also skip the announcement, which is voluntary: ~40% of firms publicly traded in the U.S. never announce a date, ~45% do it intermittently, only ~15% do it for every quarter.

Sorry, in that interview I cannot see MBS saying that "Saudi Arabia has a huge deal on October 18 with Tesla".

If you can then please cite the relevant section of the interview.
I think they are actually referring to a hint that was given. That there will be a big announcement in something "far from oil" in the "Future Investment Initiative conference" which is actually on the 23rd (until the 25th). So not the 18th. And may well be nothing to do with Tesla.

I think they are actually referring to a hint that was given. That there will be a big announcement in something "far from oil" in the "Future Investment Initiative conference" which is actually on the 23rd (until the 25th). So not the 18th. And may well be nothing to do with Tesla.

Yeah, that's the interview I was reading too, with an emphasis on "may well be nothing to do with Tesla". ;)

My impression is that it's a huge solar farm, not involving Tesla - but I could be wrong.

I love Elon's code language like: Lemur, special circumstances, a mecha, Teslaquila, naughty by nature, don't panic... :D
He wants to scream that info to us but rules don't allow him so code language is awesome :)

I don't know what I love more? Is it a code language itself or the fact that he is teasing the bull with red flag? :D

"Short burn of the century" wasn't so coded, and we know how that turned into long burn of the century. There are many examples like that, but can you think of one example when any of the tweets turned out well for longs?

Last edited:
I have a tip for ig.com users who fund their account in something other than US dollars (I use Australian dollars). I learned this today after realising I was being charged a different buy and sell rate on trades. ig was effectively charging me half a percent on top of the US$10 commission.

Go to currency conversion and switch from automatic to manual. Now you can sell and buy in US dollars. If you need to convert back to local, you can then execute that when the rate is favourable.

"Short burn of the century" wasn't so coded, and we know how quickly that turned into long burn of the century. There are many examples like that, but can you think of one example when any of the tweets turned out well for longs?

Ask me that after 5-10 years. I just want that Elon be Elon and not someone else. If you are worried what SP will be after his coding than you are probably not long. Long means what he achieved in 5-10 years and not yesterday.

I see that FUD affecting you. Please do not live in fear what negative people will say. They will say it anyway.

Just throwing this out there:

upload_2018-10-18_12-56-8.png

Long means what he achieved in 5-10 years and not yesterday.

Please don't minimize investor concerns by labeling it as some sort of short-sighted rent-seeking. The fact is that the stock hasn't done anything in nearly five years, while NASDAQ doubled. Per your definition, with which I agree, that's long-term. This has nothing to do with FUD or living in fear; I'm stating facts. This habit of mislabeling any concerned bull as speculator/short/bear/FUD is not helpful.

Last edited:
"Short burn of the century" wasn't so coded, and we know how quickly that turned into long burn of the century. There are many examples like that, but can you think of one example when any of the tweets turned out well for longs?
Totally agree. Shorts clearly have deep pockets and love to rain on Elon's parade when he tweets things that strongly suggest the stock is going to climb and the shorts will get burned, at least in the short to medium term. I don't think it's wise to give the shorts advance warning of positive accomplishments because then they have the time, and the means, to control the narrative when the actual news hits. Far more effective to quietly execute and release the news to the market when it is time, i.e. speak softly and carry a big stick. The reality is that positive surprises are hugely effective against a high short interest. Advanced hints/warnings are not. Do not give shorts, with their collusion with the media, the opportunity to control the news narrative. It's time for positive surprises.

I'm at a point now where, based upon past history, I routinely expect selling of the news whenever Elon drops hints about the news ahead of time. The consistently successful trade is to anticipate the climb to the news event, and then sell it. I don't want Elon, however cryptically, to provide hints about upcoming financial news/short burns/privatizations etc... I admit they can be entertaining but they have often enriched short sellers rather than shareholders. In the absence of the hints, I think the outcome might be different.

Please don't minimize investor concerns by labeling it as some sort of short-sighted rent-seeking. The fact is that the stock hasn't done anything in nearly five years, while NASDAQ doubled. Per your definition, with which I agree, that's long-term. This has nothing to do with FUD or living in fear; I'm stating facts. This habit of mislabeling any concerned bull as short/bear/FUD is not helpful.

TSLA five years ago today: $183,40
TSLA today: $271,78
Annualized return: 8%

And it's only that small because October 2013 was a local peak; the stock lost a third of its value by late November. But sorry that you find this to be some sort of disaster. BTW, try extending your horizon to six years:

TSLA six years ago today: $28,04
TSLA today: $271,78
Annualized return: 46%

ED: Yeah, go on, "disagree" with facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.