Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's my fault. I miscalculated the risks. I wonder what caused that?

Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Musk: This Is the 'Best I’ve Felt' About Tesla

My fault...

I'm done. Taking a break from TMC echo chamber. Going to go to YouTube.

I think where you lose people is... "hey my analysis of this company was spot on, and I would have made a ton of money, if only its eccentric CEO hadn't tweeted those silly comments, I'd be in the black"

Those tweets haven't fundamentally changed anything about TSLA or about Tesla's position in the market or capability or long term prospects. The stock is still over-valued Vs fundamentals, so almost ALL of the speculative value of the company is in potential, and a good proportion of that potential lies in Elon Musk's leadership.

You simply cannot separate the two. If you think TSLA would be trading at $370 today if Musk hadn't tweeted, you're in la-la-land.

Yes,but the point is it was up about 15x in 2014. Now you're down to 10x...some of us who bought in later might be up, but not nearly as much as without the Tweets.

Ah, and now we return to the "custom pick and choose your start and end points" game.

If you'll excuse me for a bit, I need to step out - it looks like my Prunus avium needs harvesting...

Last edited:
Yep, it's my fault. Everyone else predicted that we'd be flat for nearly five years, while I miscalculated the risks. I wonder what caused that?

Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter

My fault...

You can not change him. You will not change him. The SEC can not and will not change him. If that hasn’t become abundantly clear over the years, you aren’t paying attention.

When people complain about others but do nothing to change their own circumstances, the actual circumstances they can change, then your arguments and complaints cease to be relevant and are nothing more than noise.

You don’t like what he does and how you believe it affects the SP, then get out. It’s really that simple. Problem solved without requiring to dramatically wave your arms and then take a break. Get out. The investment doesn’t suit your personality nor are you able to analyze it well. (Which I think is what really bites your butt. He simply makes it beyond your abilities to accurately predict.)

He won’t change, you won’t change, so get out.

Yep, it's my fault. Everyone else predicted that we'd be flat for nearly five years, while I miscalculated the risks. I wonder what caused that?

Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter

My fault...

i have lots of respect to your passion and hard work on tsla. Actually I check your twitter quite often. But if you think Musk's words are the main factor in determining tsla sp, your account name valueanalyst does not seem to fit.

So much emotion lately on what’s supposed to be a market action thread. If you think a given ceo is a liar/bully/deadweight, why would you invest in their company? And then spend so many thousands of hours reading and writing on forums and websites about them?

I don’t mean this as an insult. Life really is too short, do yourselves a favour. Index trackers are cheap these days and leave you time rich versus individual stock investment. Meanwhile the rest of us are getting pretty bogged down having to wade through pages and pages of white noise each day to see the real insight that is often buried within these pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.