Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you can slowly reduce your shares, to a point where most of your original investment is back in the bank account, but keep your profits invested in TSLA.

I understand the rationale behind that, but I always hated that line of thinking.

The idea is that your initial investment is your money and any profit you make is free, disposable money. This idea is popular because people use it to cushion themselves from the pain of loss if/when they occur, but I'd rather just learn to deal with it. Money is still money to me, and I like to think of it as all being my money.

Reactions: bdy0627 and abasile
Today was the 3rd highest volume day for TSLA in at least the last 3.5 years (my full daily data set from NASDAQ):

Top5VolDaze.png

Seen a lot names thrown around fo chairman. Larry Ellison is the first serious one I would consider in my opinion.

Remember him in mid nineties saying pcs were history and trying to pitch cheap keyboard computer that would be all about the internet. It failed miserably but he was right.
Plus, he could get Elon interested in competitive sailing! You know, for relaxation purposes...

That is a very optimistic take. The Koch and their ilk are the puppet masters. Please tell me where they have been defeated and turned back. I do not believe there is a single politician in office that has not received money from them on some level.

Wait, who do I vote for to end corruption??

Obviously not the Democrats or the Republicans...

The first step is finding someone running who doesn't take corporate donations. If you can find someone who also doesn't take even non-corporate PAC money, even better - although perhaps unrealistic. But non-corporate PACs are sometimes good (as you have to form a PAC if you want to collect money for a cause and distribute it to campaigns, whether that cause be fracking or getting money out of politics - yes, a PAC to end all PACs).

If you want a list of potential candidates who aren't taking corporate money, you could look at the rosters of the Justice Democrats (rejects corporate PAC money), Brand New Congress (rejects corporate PAC money, and theoretically isn't party affiliated - they did run one Republican but they didn't make it past primary), and probably Our Revolution (though I am having trouble finding specific mention of a policy on corporate donors, OR itself has a normal 5k cap per donor) for starters. They collectively primaried many, many positions at federal, state, and local levels, though of course only so many won their primaries (as they were often going against corporate backed incumbents, and the Democratic party itself was not hands off and picked favorites). There might be similar organizations that are specific to conservative candidates but I'm not aware of them.

I might get some flak for this but I’ll take it.

Elon hates short sellers. I don’t believe one bit that he was serious about the take private at $420 tweet. I don’t blame him lol! He really screwed over a ton of short sellers. He screwed me too but I’m back in the green so I’m happy.

I 100% believe that there will be a ridiculously huge short squeeze in the near future. Larry Elison said that Tesla is his 2nd biggest investment. Wait until Elon’s other buddies disclose monster stakes. Saudi’s can accumulate another 10% on the open market. Musk can also leverage his SpaceX shares and purchase more Tesla stock.

This will cause the short squeeze of the century. I think this is exactly what will happen. Short interest is still stupid high, over $400 would cause a massive squeeze.

The chart will look like late 2017 bitcoin. A bunch of Elon’s new milennial followers will buy in when they see the squeeze. Watch!

Don’t underestimate Elon. He always makes the impossible, possible. He always gets what he wants. He has intense hatred for short sellers, and for good reason.

Why are you predicting first year of “full production” at Shanghai in 2024? They are already starting to construct the factory and limited production happens in 2019.

In what universe does it take Tesla 5 years to finish building the Shanghai plant?

I actually expect Tesla to have at least 2 new factories running by 2024 - probably 3 (Shanghai, Europe, & one additional US location)

Because managers need to be fired and vendors blamed before full production can begin. And lets not forget Musk sleeping in various parts of the factory for added karma points. These things take time!

It's in the new rulebook -

Shaighhai 3 :The Alien DreadNot

Almost as humorous as any politician voting for term limits.
That's why they're not waiting around for enough honest politicians to get elected to pass such an Amendment via 2/3 vote. Currently angling for a new Amendment via an Article V convention. So far they've got 5 states on board, need 34 more (need 75% minimum vs 2/3) to do an end-run around Congress.

re today's events,

I know many of you have already seen the linked video, but, with what seems to have happened today consider looking at this video

from 1:45-3:35

where Jim Cramer describes,

-the exact process of 1. create false narrative, 2. get it out in media

-using WSJ specifically

-explicitly says it's illegal

-explicitly says, "but you do it anyway" explicitly says, because the SEC does not understand it/wont do anything about it.

Again, please consider watching for 2 minutes starting at 1:45 into the video... it names names, names process, implies it is common, laughs at the SEC as missing this illegal part of some hedge funds playbook, and today's action appears to be like a textbook example of the playbook (obviously, would need due process to prove).

Last edited:
re today's events,

I know many of you have already seen the linked video, but, with what seems to have happened today consider looking at this video

from 1:45-2:35

-using WSJ specifically

-explicitly says, "but you do it anyway" explicitly says, because the SEC does not understand it/wont do anything about it.

prior post, in tweet form,

if you want to like &/or retweet and help raise awareness, perhaps at a point of critical mass there will be a response from Tesla and or regulators to what appears to be a very big game played for many years now,

vistacruiser7 on Twitter

"We've chatter from Jim Cramer about hedge fund tool of pushing out false narratives they've created to "bozo reporter at the WSJ" (Jim's words not mine). Has this changed since Jim's comments ~a decade ago?

1:45-3:35 MUST SEE (especially for SEC)

[ends with link to the Cramer video]

Last edited:
I understand the rationale behind that, but I always hated that line of thinking.

The idea is that your initial investment is your money and any profit you make is free, disposable money. This idea is popular because people use it to cushion themselves from the pain of loss if/when they occur, but I'd rather just learn to deal with it. Money is still money to me, and I like to think of it as all being my money.
Money is absolutely useless unused. If I die with a million shares of TSLA it does me no good. Also capitalism does not work if no one spends any money and everyone just hordes it all.
Many people actually move the money to the checking account and continue investing with the profits because they have things they would like to purchase. My trading shares account is not about cushioning some drop or loss. It's about making large purchases in a manner that is the opposite of getting a loan. Plan ahead, invest to the goal, withdraw the money, and make the large purchase in cash instead of paying a middle man interest.

Now, if you are talking about a retirement account you are building up then your statement makes sense and pulling the initial investment out is counterproductive for building a retirement fund.

Seen a lot names thrown around fo chairman. Larry Ellison is the first serious one I would consider in my opinion.

Remember him in mid nineties saying pcs were history and trying to pitch cheap keyboard computer that would be all about the internet. It failed miserably but he was right.
Agreed, and then it works like this:
1. Larry becomes Chairman
2. Larry sells oracle and buys 20% of $tsla because he can
3. $tsla goes to $1000

Shoot me but I prefer Mulally. He was just a contract CEO for Ford, not some guy stuck in the old mode, and he did pretty well (or that's the reputation). Engineer with Boeing experience. I bet they get along well while adding good 'adult oversight' bona fides. Plus there was a spy shot of Elon talking to a dude at a restaurant whose back of the head looked like Mulally.

re today's events,

from 1:45-3:35

-using WSJ specifically

Again, please consider watching for 2 minutes starting at 1:45 into the video... it names names, names process, implies it is common, laughs at the SEC as missing this illegal part of some hedge funds playbook, and today's action appears to be like a textbook example of the playbook (obviously, would need due process to prove).
Wow

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Money is absolutely useless unused. If I die with a million shares of TSLA it does me no good. Also capitalism does not work if no one spends any money and everyone just hordes it all.
Many people actually move the money to the checking account and continue investing with the profits because they have things they would like to purchase. My trading shares account is not about cushioning some drop or loss. It's about making large purchases in a manner that is the opposite of getting a loan. Plan ahead, invest to the goal, withdraw the money, and make the large purchase in cash instead of paying a middle man interest.

Now, if you are talking about a retirement account you are building up then your statement makes sense and pulling the initial investment out is counterproductive for building a retirement fund.

Except it's not being unused. It's being used to make you more money. The more money you have invested, the more you will make, assuming the SP rises.

Is there a point when you have too much money? Yes. Unfortunately, almost no one will ever reach that point in their lifetime.

I might get some flak for this but I’ll take it.

Elon hates short sellers. I don’t believe one bit that he was serious about the take private at $420 tweet. I don’t blame him lol! He really screwed over a ton of short sellers. He screwed me too but I’m back in the green so I’m happy.

I 100% believe that there will be a ridiculously huge short squeeze in the near future. Larry Elison said that Tesla is his 2nd biggest investment. Wait until Elon’s other buddies disclose monster stakes. Saudi’s can accumulate another 10% on the open market. Musk can also leverage his SpaceX shares and purchase more Tesla stock.

This will cause the short squeeze of the century. I think this is exactly what will happen. Short interest is still stupid high, over $400 would cause a massive squeeze.

The chart will look like late 2017 bitcoin. A bunch of Elon’s new milennial followers will buy in when they see the squeeze. Watch!

Don’t underestimate Elon. He always makes the impossible, possible. He always gets what he wants. He has intense hatred for short sellers, and for good reason.

My options portfolio would love this scenario, so I really hope you're right.

Reactions: SpaceCash
In all the hub bub I failed to notice *former* employees. huh? What's up with that?
The DoJ needs to prove that Elon/Tesla lied. They need someone to say, “I told Elon in April, May, and July there was no way ( and it’s in fact impossible) Tesla would produce 5k week.” Who better to say these things then *former* employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.