Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn... he was an ass then, he's added the hole now. That's like a textbook example of how to manipulate a market to bring down a company's stock price. Notice that was 2007, I'm sure it's even worse now, as we've recently seen. Regardless of what these bastards say about not shorting Tesla again blah blah blah, don't trust 'em, never will. Those Klingon bastards killed his son damn it!
That was 2006 and SEC is still clueless 12 years later and the guy is not in jail. This is pathetic really. If SEC made an example of one such "campaign" and put few people behind the bars, it could have had a profound effect on the future practices. But 12 years and nothing.
Makes me sad about the CleanTechnica article that PapaFox wrote. Seems like SEC does not have the brains to understand what's written there.

upload_2018-10-27_2-48-48.png

I will survive just fine, but will fight for the car owners who don’t own TSLA. Tesla could have handled the massive drop better.

Hashtag #punishmentsecured if you feel like helping.

View attachment 347372

What do you want tesla to do, announce ahead of time that there’s going to be a price drop? Then what, everyone will delay purchasing the car.

You knew what you were getting into when buying a Tesla. They make no apologies about constant upgrades as well as price adjustments. That’s tesla. They’re going to advance EV’s the quickest way they can, and if that’s by lowering the price by 5k while still making fantastic margins then so be it.

You weren’t thinking of selling the car right away anyway, right?

He's definitely a friend and probably a believer in the mission. And I don't think he'd let Elon push him around too much, he's been running a successful business for far too long to be a pushover, so hopefully he'd pass the "independent" test. Though he does likely have large TSLA holdings, I don't think that's a problem since that just means he's going to be more in favor of the company, not the man?

Ellison invested after I smoked his Bugatti down Woodside Rd :D

I will survive just fine, but will fight for the car owners who don’t own TSLA. Tesla could have handled the massive drop better.

Hashtag #punishmentsecured if you feel like helping.

View attachment 347372

Nice! You should contact Tim Cook and ask for a partial refund for your Apple 2E from when you were 12. They are SO CHEAP now.

Im an early adopter, I don’t have any beef about paying more for my car. The trickle down affect applies to any technology. Remember when flat screen tv use to sell for $20k? Same ones go for $500 now.

the tvs didn’t come down 5k in price in a matter of 1-2 months though, lol.

Yeah, the waambulance is parked at Electrek HQ tonight.

View attachment 347346
My friend ordered a P3D- this past Sunday, his car is built and on its way sans the now-free plus package, and he's not whining.

i’m in as well on the 5k package. i have mixed feelings about it. at this point, i’m not going to make a stink about it (i’ve got bigger fish to fry)
plus we get free SC - that’s worth some coin for sure

... unfortunately i think most of those who bought it will see fred’s point of view... they may feel a bit betrayed.
a 1-2k tweak isn’t a big deal. but 5k is a little more drastic after such a very short period.

just human nature, if you mess with people’s $.

these aren’t early S and X purchasers. this is, for the most part, a whole new demographic.
they don’t care about “the mission” like most here on TMC does. you TMC originals are going to end up hating the avg tesla owner demographic 2-3-4 years from now. they’ll be viewed as posers.

if you mess w people’s $, whether they are your employees or your customers, chances are you’ll start losing their loyalty. the new demographic(s) will be much more fickle than the originals.

Last edited:
Sorry boys but I just sold a little.

And bought a model 3, just a lemur because 2 kids and 1 engineer income household can’t really justify 70k auto.

That being said, most of the financing came with this week’s options plays.

Thank you all for advice and technical responses.

Edit: legit love you all and have been waiting for this day for 7 years. Cannot wait.

Can’t decide if I’ll name it spiegel or Einhorn
If it were a 3PLRD you'd have to name it Spiegel, because you'd be looking at doubters in your mirror.

Rather than Einhorn you could call it David. More apropos.

• Funny
Reactions: BenPrice
Nice! You should contact Tim Cook and ask for a partial refund for your Apple 2E from when you were 12. They are SO CHEAP now.

I’m on a XS Max and throw away phones annually. Told you already I’m fine. Not broke to where 5000 changes my life. Just saying I’m not sure if that’s good business to do that.

At least raise the price by 2500-3000. Burn people and leave money on table made no sense IMO.

What do you want tesla to do, announce ahead of time that there’s going to be a price drop? Then what, everyone will delay purchasing the car.

You knew what you were getting into when buying a Tesla. They make no apologies about constant upgrades as well as price adjustments. That’s tesla. They’re going to advance EV’s the quickest way they can, and if that’s by lowering the price by 5k while still making fantastic margins then so be it.

I’m more annoyed about getting my daughter late from school by 3 mins and getting docked $20.

What really annoys me is the big drop is pretty senseless as it pisses off loyalist unnecessarily and didn’t gain Tesla anything.

Make PUP forced and raise price by 3K.
2K loss doesn’t seem as big a deal to early adopters.
Tesla gains 3000 per P car.

See where I am getting at?

I’m the guy that bought FSD on 9/31 just to help with Q3 numbers that we all benefit from.

I don’t need a penny back - just want what’s smartest for Tesla.

Im an early adopter, I don’t have any beef about paying more for my car. The trickle down affect applies to any technology. Remember when flat screen tv use to sell for $20k? Same ones go for $500 now.
Yes, one of the reasons for me to buy early was to support R&D/production, so the cars can be cheaper for people who can't afford them yet. But you also can't deny the benefits of extra tax credit and being the "first" M3 on the road. So far, where I live I only saw like 4 total since I started looking. Crazy, there should be more of them, but not seeing them. It's pretty cool when you're first in line at the traffic light and everybody is just so far behind in the rearview mirror. And I don't even have P, just AWD. I'm guessing few years down the road my car will not be so "special". That's another benefit for buying early. No regrets if my car costs $10k less new in 2 years.

Anyone who ordered before this bundling got unlimited free supercharging, those who didn't get will get it added now.
Anyone who order P3D now will NOT get lifetime unlimited charging, but will get larger wheels. I would choose the first one, in the long run, that's a better deal.

I’m on a XS Max and throw away phones annually. Told you already I’m fine. Not broke to where 5000 changes my life. Just saying I’m not sure if that’s good business to do that. At least raise the price by 2500-3000. Burn people and leave money on table made no sense IMO.
I think it makes sense after announcing an approved design and go ahead to build model Y prototype... while you still want people to keep buying the 3 instead of deciding just to wait for a cheaper than X suv. I know of the 4 options: S3XY (hehe) I originally planned to hold out for the Y. (now though, with even more stock than I originally planned to collect, I might end up going for a used p100d X instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.