Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Market Action: On the news of Democrats gaining control of the House NASDAQ futures are up significantly over yesterday's low by about +2.5%, Dow futures are up +0.8%. TSLA up to $344 so far over yesterday's closing price of $341.

I suspect the reason for optimism is that split governance in the U.S. will result in fewer economic uncertainties and more parliamentary oversight of the Trump administration's excesses.

So if there's no negative news that sours market sentiment it could be a green day for $TSLA as well.

Market Action: On the news of Democrats gaining control of the House NASDAQ futures are up significantly over yesterday's low by about +2.5%, Dow futures are up +0.8%. TSLA up to $344 so far over yesterday's closing price of $341.

I suspect the reason for optimism is that split governance in the U.S. will result in fewer economic uncertainties and more parliamentary oversight of the Trump administration's excesses.

So if there's no negative news that sours market sentiment it could be a green day for $TSLA as well.

Plus I would expect a more progressive agenda to favour Tesla.

Could also hasten the end of the trade-wars, no?

You might notice the US dollar is down. So TSLA up one percent. USD down roughly one percent. Net gain for me in AUD, zero. Much the same for you in Brussels I expect.

So also looking for the USD to recover.

It's fine, I have no plan to sell a single share any time soon... And when I do I'll take into account the exchange rate to time it.

Of course I do have some high GTC sell order in case the mythical short-squeeze suddenly takes-off, but if that happens I'm not too worried about $/€ rate :)

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
This is a good result. Unfettered power is always terrible, regardless of which party is in charge.

Unfortunately, Heller lost and his EV bill goes down with him. Best we can hope for on that front is status quo.

Reactions: AMN
Your location says Fremont. I'd have thought a dollar is worth a dollar for you.

I am sleeping together with Elon on the factory ground to help him ramping up the production to 7'000 Model 3's. But I guess that goal will be achieved within the next 4 weeks, so I'll might go on some ski holidays with him in Switzerland. Of course we'll be using Model X to drive through the snow on top of the mountains.

I am sleeping together with Elon on the factory ground to help him ramping up the production to 7'000 Model 3's. But I guess that goal will be achieved within the next 4 weeks, so I'll might go on some ski holidays with him in Switzerland. Of course we'll be using Model X to drive through the snow on top of the mountains.

Is Grimes aware of this?

She represents the melting Cheese in the Sandwich.

Oh... in that case lemme just
giphy.gif

Ok, moving on...

Boss Short:

Just saw a story about how Tesla will fail because the cars don't have an AM radio.
How could they leave out an AM radio?
Even a base Corolla has an AM radio !

I bet lots of people are going to get rid of them now that they can't listen to Rush Limbaugh !

You can't make good investments without the wise words of Rush.

Your Partner in Crime
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

You can't make good investments without the wise words of Rush.

My immediate thought was:

Big money goes around the world
Big money underground
Big money got a mighty voice
Big money make no sound
Big money pull a million strings
Big money hold the prize
Big money weave a mighty web
Big money draw the flies

Sometimes pushing people around
Sometimes pulling out the rug
Sometimes pushing all the buttons
Sometimes pulling out the plug
It's the power and the glory
It's a war in paradise
A Cinderella story
On a tumble of the dice

Big money take a cruise
Big money leave a mighty wake
Big money leave a bruise
Big money make a million dreams
Big money spin big deals
Big money make a mighty head
Big money spin big wheels

Sometimes building ivory towers
Sometimes knocking castles down
Sometimes building you a stairway
Lock you underground
It's that old-time religion
It's the kingdom they would rule
It's the fool on television
Getting paid to play the fool
It's the power and the glory
It's a war in paradise
A Cinderella story
On a tumble of the dice

Big money give and take
Big money done a power of good
Big money make mistakes
Big money got a heavy hand
Big money take control
Big money got a mean streak
Big money got no soul

TSLA to drop 44% guys! lol
Tesla’s Stock Seen Plunging 44% as Profit Fuel Runs Out

UBS = U Bull Sh^t me

Well, in most jurisdictions the gains are tax free, the interest on the mortgage is relatively low and tax deductible - and one doesn't need to pay rent. Let's assume that maintenance and other ownership costs equals the cost to rent.

In twelve years the value of my house has doubled - I don't see how I could have made an annual after tax gains of 9% - twelve years in a row - and that across a major recession - and without spending a lot of time in playing against the house as a retail investor. (Naturally, I did not know ahead of time exactly how the real estate prices would go up, but the uncertainty there is limited).

For people who have an actual talent for investing, another strategy is to buy a home, but instead of paying off the mortgage, they invest that money - which will work as long as the gains exceed the interest on the mortgage. That allows for the real estate gain - and for some (reduced) investment gains.
Sometimes people get lucky in their local market. That is hard to predict. Just saying that on average this is a rarity. You are also probably drastically underestimating the labor/money you have put into your home over those 12 years. I'm definitely not one of those "don't buy a home" guys, I will always own, but mostly for control of my own lifestyle. The interest deduction does skew things a little of course.

Agreed on the 2nd bit. For savvy savers/investors it is foolish to pay off a mortgage early (at least in our recent history of lowish rates).

TSLA to drop 44% guys! lol
Tesla’s Stock Seen Plunging 44% as Profit Fuel Runs Out

UBS = U Bull Sh^t me

Sometimes people get lucky in their local market. That is hard to predict. Just saying that on average this is a rarity. You are also probably drastically underestimating the labor/money you have put into your home over those 12 years. I'm definitely not one of those "don't buy a home" guys, I will always own, but mostly for control of my own lifestyle. The interest deduction does skew things a little of course.

Agreed on the 2nd bit. For savvy savers/investors it is foolish to pay off a mortgage early (at least in our recent history of lowish rates).

They're still trying to scare the SP down to cover those put options they have in the, what was it, $180 range? Someone younger, with a functioning memory will correct me... It was a $billion worth or something ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.