Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree that the number of people who are reporting is "not that important". That's like ... super important in inferential statistics.

It's different if it's possible for different people to respond a different way, such as a multiple choice question. In that situation you need a large sample to improve confidence in results.

A VIN is a VIN. It's in no way a matter of opinion. All that is needed is enough data to spot obvious data entry errors.

There's also a lot of new oil demand coming from developing/emerging countries, which more than substitutes for the (slow) inroads renewables are making in richer economies.

We will start to see a renewable "leapfrogging" effect in developing countries for the same reason there are more cell phones than landlines in Afghanistan. It's easier to go from nothing to renewables than from oil/coal dependency to renewables. And it's easier to teach a workforce to install solar than a powerplant + grid. Solar components are much more portable than things like gas turbines, which is a big deal in places without a robust highway system. For very unstable areas, it's easier for insurgents to blow up an oil refinery or a convoy of tanker trucks than a solar farm.

Breaking: Tesla China open low range Model 3 pre-order (starting only $35,000 USD)
vincent13031925 Uncategorized November 19, 2018 0 Minutes

Tesla China official website shows that Tesla has begun to accept low-range electric vehicle Model 3 pre-order, Chinese users can pay for the 8,000 yuan (around $1160 USD) deposit on the official website to book this car online, the new car will be delivered in 2019. Starting price $35000 USD

Breaking: Tesla China open low range Model 3 pre-order (starting only $35,000 USD)
TeslaTopInfo on Twitter

The Twitter trolls are pulling all levers to discredit the news. Looks desperate like they fear the market will consider this huge and positive news. Shorts may feel not good this Monday morning. Another bear argument gone...

Last edited:

Tesla China official website shows that Tesla has begun to accept low-range electric vehicle Model 3 pre-order, Chinese users can pay for the 8,000 yuan (around $1160 USD) deposit on the official website to book this car online, the new car will be delivered in 2019. Starting price $35000 USD

TeslaTopInfo on Twitter
uhm, this is major

TeslaTopInfo on Twitter

The Twitter trolls are pulling all levers to discredit the news. Looks desperate like they fear the market will consider this huge and positive news. Shorts may feel not good this Monday morning. Another bear argument gone...

Think we need confirmation from a Chinese speaking member on this. Anybody?

If true I'm surprised on three counts. One, the short range model going to China first. Two, the price showing no increase, just a straight exchange rate factor. Three, the short range model availability being announced (or rather unannounced) this way.

Reactions: capster and MP3Mike

TeslaTopInfo on Twitter

Was there no reservation list in China before?

Think we need confirmation from a Chinese speaking member on this. Anybody?

If true I'm surprised on three counts. One, the short range model going to China first. Two, the price showing no increase, just a straight exchange rate factor. Three, the short range model availability being announced (or rather unannounced) this way.
just look at the order page. Hit the handy dandy google translate. It's 100% legit
Model 3 | 特斯拉中国 - Tesla

original_145609035.png

TeslaTopInfo on Twitter

Deliveries to China starts in March, which is right about the same time US customers will receive short range model:

Tesla taking Model 3 orders in China, deliveries may start in March

Just happened, Roundtable between German Minister of Economy Altmaier, Diess (CEO VW) and Mathias Döpfer (Springer Media)

After half an hour discussion several topics and many laughs Altmaier turns to Diess asking:

"German Cars have always been sexy. BMW, Mercedes and even the Beetle. I ask myself when you and Mr Zesche, or you Mr Diess or Mr Krüger from BMW are in the position to build an electric car that is even half as sexy as a Tesla. In terms of attractively of your E-cars you could indeed bring some fresh ideas"

After he said that it was reportedly silent in the room for a few long seconds..... and there is no report that Diess gave an answer on that question at all.

Instead the report continues with Diess talking about that VW is indeed behind in autonomous driving but will catch up and he continues mentioning Waymo but not a single word about Tesla.

Altmaier rügt Autohersteller: „Wann bauen Sie ein Elektroauto, das nur halb so sexy ist wie ein Tesla?“

“eine echte Ohrfeige gegen die Hersteller” ! :)

I think the $35g Model 3 for China is a misunderstanding. I doubt you can actually order one - I suspect Tesla is just referring to what it will cost eventually.
Tf?? Click the literal Tesla.com order page. Already linked and screenshotted above

No. But it was a dirt field last I saw. Hardly ready for March.
Didn't they already announce they'd start China car production in Q1 19?

I think the $35g Model 3 for China is a misunderstanding. I doubt you can actually order one - I suspect Tesla is just referring to what it will cost eventually.

Maybe no consumer protection laws there. On an Australian site they would have to give the price in Australian dollars. Meaningless to give a pre tariff price in a foreign currency.

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
Not sure why people are doubting this - Elon said SR will be starting production in 1st half of 2019 when costs have reduced enough, and the China SR model says delivery will occur in “2019”. Seems to be well within the bounds of reality to me.
Dude reading people's reactions here has me wondering if I'm losing my mind. It's available for order now. And the foundation work for this has been laid forever now. Like are you guys following the moves or what? This is real. It's right there. Click the things. Read the stuff.

Not sure why people are doubting this - Elon said SR will be starting production in 1st half of 2019 when costs have reduced enough, and the China SR model says delivery will occur in “2019”. Seems to be well within the bounds of reality to me.

It's the price under question. I don't understand how a price in $US dollars has any meaning on a Chinese site, when massive tariff is involved, and exchange rate fluctuates.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
Status
Not open for further replies.