Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the invitation! :)

x4jYIc7FNPickRfieyabu3pOU46GaukVAMV2ymsP4fiLF_XqOD_Uov_S8kLWOwkXkgVkalgOv-EVdNQJJy5dNPqWpjn_jeynOU667FBjpqVZiZKpixeNZjlqQleI67i03KAyUIrYefhTIGOkXmhW7M4tlE3xUGCA=s0-d-e1-ft

Visit us on the Tesla Store Vienna Herrengasse, the first site in Austria, which introduces the model 3rd

Be among the first to sit in the Model 3 and experience the large glass roof, the high-quality interior and the 15-inch touch screen. Test drives are not available at this time to the model. 3

Once more dates are fixed in other Tesla offices in Austria, you can find them here:
OVERVIEW OF LOCATIONS

NASDAQ-100 futures down in the pre-market: 6,538.50 -37.75 -0.57% @ 05:41:12 EST

REMINDER: NASDAQ Early Market Close today, 1:00 p.m. EST November 23, 2018

Here are the movers and losers as of 05:30 EST: (TSLA is ranked 16th by % Change, NVIDIA is down 1.18%, with Google, Netflix and Apple all in the top 10 decliners.

NASDAQ-100..FAANG.by%chg.pre-market.2018-11-23-05-30.png

Last edited:
Got the invitation! :)

x4jYIc7FNPickRfieyabu3pOU46GaukVAMV2ymsP4fiLF_XqOD_Uov_S8kLWOwkXkgVkalgOv-EVdNQJJy5dNPqWpjn_jeynOU667FBjpqVZiZKpixeNZjlqQleI67i03KAyUIrYefhTIGOkXmhW7M4tlE3xUGCA=s0-d-e1-ft

Visit us on the Tesla Store Vienna Herrengasse, the first site in Austria, which introduces the model 3rd

Be among the first to sit in the Model 3 and experience the large glass roof, the high-quality interior and the 15-inch touch screen. Test drives are not available at this time to the model. 3

Once more dates are fixed in other Tesla offices in Austria, you can find them here:
OVERVIEW OF LOCATIONS

Oh, you! You had me thinking for a moment that you had gotten a config invite in Europe!

• Love
Reactions: gora321
Nice financial projection from Galli.

Obviously there are many assumptions for the future to make but beside some bullish projections he made like e.g. Y deliveries he also makes a lot of very conservatives assumptions e.g. TE, Battery business or Solar roof.

We all do not know where we end up in the years to come but we know that Tesla has an almost perfect set up for achieving aggressive growth and the outlined projections.

At the end of the day it does therefore not matter much how exactly the revenue growth, margin and SP will develop because the trend is our friend. Considering all what can go wrong I only see scenarios where they grow slower but its hard to imagine any kind of negative development.

For me the demand of products and services is key and so far they overachieved on all products we have seen. From that point its all about execution and that gets better every month.

With every incremental product they diversify and get more stable in growth and the risks do decrease.

NASDAQ-100 futures down in the pre-market: 6,538.50 -37.75 -0.57% @ 05:41:12 EST

Here are the movers and losers as of 05:30 EST: (TSLA is ranked 16th by % Change, NVIDIA is down 1.18%, with Google, Netflix and Apple all in the top 10 decliners.

View attachment 354992
NASDAQ-100 6,552.50 -23.75 -0.36%

'Movers & Losers' @ 08:03 EST:
View attachment 355016
AD, love your detailed posts, but is it really necessary to pull up the stock prices multiple times in pre-market trading, without adding some context, some news, something? Pre-market carries little weight to days trading activity. Don't mean to pick on you. Twenty times a day, posters are citing the stock price. It's up, It's down, It's up compared to index X, it's down compared to stock Y. I come here for enlightenment. If I want to check the stock price I'll do it elsewhere. Again, love your informative posts.

Happy after stuffing day! I remember several overeating day's in years past were I felt like I couldn't breath.
This year I worked and it was kinda nice to not stuff myself (yes I lack will power...actually my father used to say I lack won't power)

OK Market action. I think we will be dragged down a bit but stay relatively flat.
Next week should be a resumption of the inevitable march North.

Motor Mouth: Trucks and Tesla battling for the hearts of North American drivers
Informative article by David Booth aka Motor Mouth. In summary:
- EVs are slow to transition (I agree, as we are at the start of the hockey stick curve in EV transition)
- Increase in pickup sales (notably F150) more than offset reduction of emissions from EVs
- Conclusion based on two above points (EVs not a sure bet for future).

My conclusion: A lot of people come to the same conclusion as David Booth. Recently spent some time in Saskatoon, Edmonton and Winnipeg (Major Cities in Canadian prairies provinces). I did not see a single Tesla. F150s were like every fifth vehicle. Currently there is no option for a viable EV pick-up truck. Those people's minds will not change until Tesla's makes available their pickup truck. Looking forward to when Tesla can make it happen. This will change the perception of EVs for those die-hard ICE pickup truckers. EVs are a sure bet, but it won't happen over night.

Edit: And no compromises David. Driving an ICE will seem like living in the stone ages to the masses. Just you wait.

AD, love your detailed posts, but is it really necessary to pull up the stock prices multiple times in pre-market trading, without adding some context, some news, something? Pre-market carries little weight to days trading activity. Don't mean to pick on you. Twenty times a day, posters are citing the stock price. It's up, It's down, It's up compared to index X, it's down compared to stock Y. I come here for enlightenment. If I want to check the stock price I'll do it elsewhere. Again, love your informative posts.
On Wed, TSLA and NVDA were the only two tech stocks on the NASDAQ-100 that went down significantly. This occurred without News. The share value of other equities IS the context. If your looking for answers, you won't finda any, only opinion.

BTW, this IS the Market Action thread. Would you rather I take up space with F-150 sightings?

Market opens in 10 min. Good luck to everyone today!

CH3ERS!

I really think Carlos Ghosn would make a great board member for Tesla.
Would have to keep an eye on the cookie jar but he would be a significant asset.
Obviously you never have met him or dealt with him. If a company is terminally bloated and does not need much in capex or innovation, plus has indolent management, he'd be great. In no other respect has he really performed well, but he's been adept at claiming the success of some projects he resisted strongly before they became successes, after which he became the father. Remember he was trained as a politician, and honed his political instincts running Michelin in brazil at 30, and then Michelin NA. In both of those he was brilliant because they most needed serious improvements in efficiency and leaner management. Rinse and repeat for his entire career thereafter. Sadly, he became both imperious and greedy while thinking himself to be invincible. Easy to understand after his stellar beginning, but eventually led to hubris; that is invariably fatal. FWIW, his place in Rio is quite palatial, apparently paid for by several entities in Brazil and Holland, if local reports are to be believed.

Repeat, he has nothing to offer Tesla.

I have a good feeling that today's going to be the day that I get my calls. Well, those that I can buy with what's in my account; the extra $18k I sent hasn't shown up yet :Þ Still liking the look of $250 Feb '19s. If I can get them for my target price (mid-$95s), with my expected probability distribution for Tesla's stock price at expiration they'd yield a weighted average 25% return. Breakeven would be in the mid-$345 range, and versus TSLA ~= $330 at purchase time, they'd perform better than stock at TSLA ~= $352 in February after the Q4 report.

My numbers are equally optimistic up to strike prices around $300, but my expected returns start to decline after that.

ED: Oh hey, my limit went off. Cool. :) Now here's to hoping that the $18k arrives soon so I can buy some more calls while the stock is down ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.