Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes a lot of sense. It may be the reason why Tesla is pricing it’s vehicles at only $35k in China, could EVs possibly be exempt from tariffs?

Not currently exempt, but high level negotiations were underway late this past week. Trump has several times highlighted the need for the Chinese to greatly reduce their tariff on imported cars. This after Elon directly tweeted the details of the situation to Trump, to which the latter then alluded at a press conference.

Yes, here is the link : Model 3 | 特斯拉中国 - Tesla

It shows $35000 USD for China Customers

Does the Tesla China website give customer an expected delivery date? And do you know the destination fee?

Not currently exempt, but high level negotiations were underway late this past week. Trump has several times highlighted the need for the Chinese to greatly reduce their tariff on imported cars. This after Elon directly tweeted the details of the situation to Trump, to which the latter then alluded at a press conference.

I was thinking the same. It makes sense for Elon to be speaking about the China factory on the recent CC. Looks very much like negotiations are going well. I agree with VINVIN218, a Model 3 manufactured in China makes a lot of sense too.

if they pricing $35000 USD, my take is truly impossible to ship from Cali
Standard delivery fee is $1,200 , cargo container shipping starts at $1,600 (random Google results). Could be doable. However, given 450k backlog, new reservations at higher price sounds like a new factory (guess it's a 18 month wait either way, can ship in meantime)

• Informative
Reactions: DragonWatch
Yes, here is the link : Model 3 | 特斯拉中国 - Tesla

It shows $35000 USD for China Customers
I checked EU Tesla website (ie France) and it displays the same thing - it seems that they did not localize the model 3 page and so all of them are saying 35k USD and 220 to 310 miles (an oddity in Europe). So at this point I would not read too much into it even if it is likely that an announcement for China is close.

Does the Tesla China website give customer an expected delivery date? And do you know the destination fee?

I was thinking the same. It makes sense for Elon to be speaking about the China factory on the recent CC. Looks very much like negotiations are going well. I agree with VINVIN218, a Model 3 manufactured in China makes a lot of sense too.

"12-18 months , estimate deliver in 2019" that's what on official Tesla China website

Hmmm... $3.2K deposit per Model 3 in China, conservatively estimate twice the reservations compared to 400K in US (after all, China has 4X the population of the US) - that’s 800K X $3.2K = $2.56B. There’s Elon’s capital raise. Mike drop...
Me likely. 800k is a good choice, the current reservation count is 450k worldwide and China government officials are supposed to switch to alternative energy vehicles.

Last Update on Beijing
1f1e8-1f1f3.png
Auto Show: “Without New vehicle announcement, Tesla Model 3 still drove the most attention in auto show” Chinese Media report. Pictures won’t lie.

My tweet : vincent on Twitter

My take: see to believe it ( crazy )

Thanks Vincent for bringing us the news inChina. Badly needed after the previous China news provider got chased away.

Status
Not open for further replies.