Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not arguing for or against anything here. but I wanted to bring up a possibility that I have never seen anyone make.
Oh, it's been made ;)

Why do we assume S/X will always be pegged at 100K/Y?
Elon said so :D. It's due to entire supply chain and manufacturing line being setup for ~100-120k/yr.

One remote but possible option is that they could setup a new S/X line overseas with updated design, then back import to the US and reallocate Fremont to more 3s/Ys... Not great for US pricing, but keeps the supply continuous. Could also do that with GF1, but is US/Canada/Mexico demand sufficient to support it?

Resource wise, they'll probably keep S/X as is and grow in the 3,Y, Pickup, Semi, Roadster spaces...

Reactions: neroden
Fun article from Chuck Jones at Forbes. Headline pretty much sums it up: Musk's Flamethrower Warning Would Have Saved The Shorts Over $2.8 Billion

But these are also nice:;)

"In just two weeks the shorts have “lost” over $2.8 billion

For the first 15 days of June Tesla’s shares have taken off rising to close at $358.17, up 26%, on Friday. Dusaniwsky calculates that through this past Tuesday, June 12, the shorts were down $2.3 billion .

I’ve utilized his analysis to apply it to the last three days of this week, which includes Thursday’s $13 gain. Over these three sessions, the shorts lost, on paper, about $600 million, for a total of over $2.8 billion."
Jones notes that there has not been much covering yet, despite the losses. Which leads to this: "Tesla shorts are a hardy bunch (or do they just not get it?)"

Last edited:
Fun article from Chuck Jones at Forbes. Headline pretty much sums it up: Musk's Flamethrower Warning Would Have Saved The Shorts Over $2.8 Billion

But these are also nice:;)

"In just two weeks the shorts have “lost” over $2.8 billion

For the first 15 days of June Tesla’s shares have taken off rising to close at $358.17, up 26%, on Friday. Dusaniwsky calculates that through this past Tuesday, June 12, the shorts were down $2.3 billion .
I’ve utilized his analysis to apply it to the last three days of this week, which includes Thursday’s $13 gain. Over these three sessions, the shorts lost, on paper, about $600 million, for a total of over $2.8 billion."
Which leads to this: "Tesla shorts are a hardy bunch (or do they just not get it?)"
Brings to mind the old quip, You need to stand for something or fall for everything.
In this case, it's easier and sometimes cheaper to tear down than to build.
Look at these individuals and ask them 'just what have you accomplished today, besides making a fool out of yourself'.

....In this case, it's easier and sometimes cheaper to tear down than to build.
Look at these individuals and ask them 'just what have you accomplished today, besides making a fool out of yourself'....

As Sam Rayburn often said - "Any jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one."

I bet ‘meehh’ until Q1 delivery numbers...

meehh Result is what the Short Sellers want, they are trying to push it over a cliff, so there shorts will do well, but that smells instead
I have been following and investing in tsla since 2012, every time we hear something bad about tsla, the opposite happens, the stock goes up.
Those of you who believe in Tesla, their ideas, their technology should invest in tsla, wait, and hold.
Just the other day I read that if someone invested $1,000.00 in tsla March of 2010 your investment would be worth 1,000% more today. That should be enough for anyone, just look at all the infrastructure that cost millions, do you think they are building that for nothing?
Think about it.

meehh Result is what the Short Sellers want, they are trying to push it over a cliff, so there shorts will do well, but that smells instead
I have been following and investing in tsla since 2012, every time we hear something bad about tsla, the opposite happens, the stock goes up.
Those of you who believe in Tesla, their ideas, their technology should invest in tsla, wait, and hold.
Just the other day I read that if someone invested $1,000.00 in tsla March of 2010 your investment would be worth 1,000% more today. That should be enough for anyone, just look at all the infrastructure that cost millions, do you think they are building that for nothing?
Think about it.
Unfortunately many of us can’t go back to 2010, but an average price of $250 looks really good!

Reactions: neroden
Screen-Shot-2018-06-17-21-47-30.png

Oooohh, burn!

"Maybe 3 weeks, 6 definitely". Elon-time.

BUT, and I may be overreaching and overhyping here, I'm a bit suspicious about this time frame and P3 being produced vs the leaked email from before. At current 3.5k/wk Elon is way too confident that they will hit 5k in 2 weeks. This is a huge increase.

I wonder if the "leaked" email is a more elaborate play and they are much farther along.

I am tempted by this - tempted to take a larger mortgage but to keep my TSLA shares. But this would be the same as taking out a loan to buy TSLA - something I'd never normally do as it adds a ton of risk to my family's finances.

Someone once told me that the nicest houses in town are owned by the people who sold too early, but on the other hand, I fully agree with your assessment of Tesla's potential. Maybe I should just be grateful for my nearly 10x return on TSLA and not be too greedy? I'm really not sure what the best path is for my family.

Thanks for taking the time to write out your view of Tesla's future - I appreciate it.

Consider the tax hits.

Maybe 25% per year while the rest is on mortgage is better. Use an excel spread sheet and see which one sees you come out ahead tax wise.

"Maybe 3 weeks, 6 definitely". Elon-time.

BUT, and I may be overreaching and overhyping here, I'm a bit suspicious about this time frame and P3 being produced vs the leaked email from before. At current 3.5k/wk Elon is way too confident that they will hit 5k in 2 weeks. This is a huge increase.

I wonder if the "leaked" email is a more elaborate play and they are much farther along.
I think that would be market manipulation in the view of the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.