Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon just needs to buy In-N-Out. Its owned by one person and most of the country does not have access as they are mostly in the West. Oh wait.. Cows exhale and fart so eating them in large numbers is bad for the environment so I am not sure if the synergies are there, but I still love the idea.
I love the idea of him buying in-N-Out, and changing it so you can only order food and eat there from your Tesla, or the app. It would sell tons of cars. Talk about an ecosystem!

Just to push us to the limit on strangeness, the whole story of failure may just be cover for a super secret mission. What people saw exploding like a star must be a decoy.:rolleyes:

“We do not comment on missions of this nature; but as of right now reviews of the data indicate Falcon 9 performed nominally.“ SpaceX did their job. As for Zuma, forget about it, it’s as if it never existed (and no one will speak of it). Move along, nothing to see here.

Although not related to Tesla, I'm sure shorts will pull on every string they can to undermine Elon and use this:

SpaceX apparently lost the classified Zuma payload from latest launch

"We’ve reached out to SpaceX and will update if they provide additional comment.

Update – SpaceX provided the following statement regarding the mission, which could suggest the fault lies with something provided by launch partner Northrop Grumman or the payload itself:

”“We do not comment on missions of this nature; but as of right now reviews of the data indicate Falcon 9 performed nominally.“

• Informative
Reactions: KLC13 and Tslynk67
Re: Zuma launch. Second stage was seen spinning and venting leftover propellant after performing deorbit maneuver over Africa at the correct time and place based on the published data for where the second stage was expected to come down. If the payload was still attached, it would have been visible in the way it was spinning, so at minimum we can assume that the payload was separated from the second stage. If Zuma is dead in orbit, it is not likely to be SpaceX's responsibility. It's not entirely unreasonable that it isn't really dead, either - just playing dead.

I think there is more to it. It got a catalog numer :

"Space-Track has cataloged the Zuma payload as USA 280, international designation 2018-001A. Catalog number 43098.
No orbit details given. No reentry date given, but for a secret payload it might not be. Implication is Space-Track thinks it completed at least one orbit"

Source :
Did SpaceX’s secret Zuma mission actually fail?

So Satelite might even be OK, but anyway virtually impossible that it is SpaceX fault. (as Northop was responsible for the payload adapter and release of the payload).
The TSLA shorts everywhere will however not let such facts stop them to scream doom :rolleyes:.

My theory is that institutional investors jumped in today after TSLA appeared to a have a strong floor after the delivery report Jan 3rd. The train is leaving the station, and people are jumping on board for the 2018 ride!

I think you might be half right, but I think the other half is a short covering rally triggered by the same floor and no clear move down after what was widely seen as bad news, tough I think there were some positives. Either way, it should continue for the same reasons and no real news until next month.

No. More like a traditional burger joint but like it was bought from the past into the future. The menu is very basic. Everything is fresh. The fries are cut right in front of you. Meat never frozen. But a very basic burger with fries, shakes, fried onions and special sauce. No salads, no nuggets, no Apple pies.. just the basics. Prices are great, similar to McDonald's but quality and freshness are 100x better. No weird additives on the meat like tons of salt and sugar... Yes fast-food places add sugar to the meat, tough more like high fructose corn syrup.

Really the best burgers you can get for a reasonable price. 5 guys is maybe a better burger, but 2-3x the price. Not worth it. It's literally McDonald's pricing but super high quality, basic burgers and fries. Everything is fresh.
"Fries cut right in front of you" would be a soggy mess. Making good fries is actually a fairly long process but I digress.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark
"Fries cut right in front of you" would be a soggy mess. Making good fries is actually a fairly long process but I digress.

I agree, I just made some yesterday and I had to soak them for 3 hours in ice water. But when you go there, you cant help but notice them doing it. Its a totally open kitchen setup where you can see the grill everything. Its totally open. You have the counter, then behind that you can see every station. I guess its possible that they do soak them before they actually fry them, but they are fresh cut and nothing is frozen.

I agree, I just made some yesterday and I had to soak them for 3 hours in ice water. But when you go there, you cant help but notice them doing it. Its a totally open kitchen setup where you can see the grill everything. Its totally open. You have the counter, then behind that you can see every station. I guess its possible that they do soak them before they actually fry them, but they are fresh cut and nothing is frozen.
If you want nice, crispy fries with a fluffy inside, you have to parboil them, dry them, and then freeze them. After they are frozen solid, then you fry them at temperature. The freezing process is actually helpful in this case.

Just to push us to the limit on strangeness, the whole story of failure may just be cover for a super secret mission. What people saw exploding like a star must be a decoy.:rolleyes:

Legit the thing exploding was nominal second stage venting.

Zuma headline should read: Unknown government agency payload that may or may not be a satellite built and or integrated by Northrup Grumman and contracted to launch to low earth orbit may or may not have separated from second stage and then may or may not have done whatever it intended to do in space.

Color me suspicious but the first people to publish where Bloomberg then WSJ. Should be interesting to see what the opening for the day does.

Reactions: Intl Professor
Predictably (I think) the stock dropped this morning on high volume, which I think is "weak longs" taking some profit off the table and some new shorts getting in. What I hope is that after the first hour, the price will trend up again and end higher than yesterday.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
Status
Not open for further replies.