Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The large market value proposition of a $50,000 car is as a truck. The model 3 Does not do what a truck does, so at the $50K price point, the market is smaller.
View attachment 279128
That assumes that people with $50,000+ trucks use them as trucks. The VAST majority of the time, those trucks have a payload of 1 person and a cup of coffee for the daily commute.

Just take a break from the forum for a bit, have a brewsky, and revel in the fact you’re even alive to enjoy the sun on your face because perspective.
Well, that's where my frustration comes from, the fact that I know human life is precious and the whole reason I want to get an EV is to make the world a better place for my daughter and her children. I understand the importance of society switching to producing and using renewable energy and now I have to continue to pollute the Earth with my ICE car until the end of this year. Just sucks and I'm burnt out, but nothing can be done. So we wait.....

Just took the dogs out for their early morning relief, and looked up to see some stars scattered among the clouds. Based on the brief, but spotty clearing and no rain predicted; I believe there might be some relief at hand.
Premarket of NVDA is set for take off. All of the ones I watch at the moment are at least initially green.
Trump can sign the deficit bill and all is good for our employees.
European market seems to have cooled a bit.
So, today is starting off nicely. It is up to the stock market salt and pepper shakers to write the story.
TSLA will have to work today as usual:)

Well, that's where my frustration comes from, the fact that I know human life is precious and the whole reason I want to get an EV is to make the world a better place for my daughter and her children. I understand the importance of society switching to producing and using renewable energy and now I have to continue to pollute the Earth with my ICE car until the end of this year. Just sucks and I'm burnt out, but nothing can be done. So we wait.....
If you own your home, and you do not have solar on your roof yet, buying a PV system will do something to help the planet and the return on investment is pretty good in most states. You can usually do it with little or no down payment.

If you own your home, and you do not have solar on your roof yet, buying a PV system will do something to help the planet and the return on investment is pretty good in most states. You can usually do it with little or no down payment.
That is my intent since I am having to wait on my Model 3 is to install solar and put down a reservation for a PowerWall.

That assumes that people with $50,000+ trucks use them as trucks. The VAST majority of the time, those trucks have a payload of 1 person and a cup of coffee for the daily commute.

I don't think there are any assumptions.

People who buy $50,000 light vehicles, buy the most of these.

A corvette on that list is closest to a model 3.

In MY217 they sold 32,000.

Production Statistics for the 2017 Corvette Model Year - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

The BMW 5 series sold ~41K.
BMW 5-series US car sales figures

The facts about what many people value at $50,000 are clear.

I think Tesla acknowledged this in the conference call, and in their production volume, and in their production mix. I am agreeing with Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: mach.89
Well, that's where my frustration comes from, the fact that I know human life is precious and the whole reason I want to get an EV is to make the world a better place for my daughter and her children.

Most of us share this perspective. Because of our individual circumstances (e.g. own S/X or use TaaS or satisfied with current vehicle while awaiting M3) we don’t feel the same acute need for a M3.
But I can hear the same passion in your statement for moving the world forward, and due to your current situation (being in an ICE when you really do not want to be in one), you feel a particular frustration in a way that some of the rest of us do not.
But we are all “champing at the bit” for the BEV transition to occur as rapidly as possible. Most of us also believe that this is Elon’s deepest wish. He is a very smart dude who works very hard to make this a reality ASAP.
One of the functions of this forum of investors is to encourage each other when the chips are down. For you, the chips are down now. I hope that people’s responses of “perspective” can truly sooth (to some degree) the genuine frustration you feel. The bottom line is that all of us want what you have expressed. We’ve hitched our wagon to Elon not because he is perfect, but because (as others have more aptly said) he has done more than any other human being to effect this transition. He is almost superhuman in this regard, and he is doing the best he can. I do NOT believe that he is disregarding any group of buyers. Rather he is single-mindedly pursuing his stated goal of transitioning us to sustainable transport. I am certain that it pains him deeply to disappoint reservation holders who have made his dream possible. On the other hand, he has accomplished as much as he has because he, like a general in a military campaign, has to choose the most effective way to accomplish the goal. I would advocate for all of us to give him the benefit of the doubt based upon what he has accomplished for us thus far.
I hope I do not come across as sanctimonious. I truly am trying to say that I can see your genuine and understandable frustration, and I (like others in the past day) am trying to say that we are all pulling for the same goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.