Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This twit is very important. My interpretation is that shareholders can stay in. In my view, Elon will not abandon the current shareholders. He is not that type of person. I will stay to the end and see how this unfold. If this goes as I expected, this could turn out to be one of the best scenario. Except I can't add more shares down the road. I'm fine with that. I could be wrong.

Despite the several "Disagree" I got on this post, Elon just confirmed my hunch with a new twit. I like what's happening so far.

I think if the shareholders are allowed to stay in the private company, then this vote will certainly pass. The share could go higher than the proposed price. For example, I would be willing to buy more shares at $500 so I can get more private shares. This is a rare scenario in my investment life. I have never seen a situation like this. For most of the taking private situation, shareholders just take a quick profit and let it go.

Don't worry. Elon said

"Absolutely. Am super appreciative of Tesla shareholders. Will ensure their prosperity in any scenario."
That's great but I really do need more information. There's value to liquidity and going private loses a *lot* of liquidity. What liquidity guarantees do we get if we stay in?

I can certainly keep *some* of my shares in but I'm not sure about all of them.

Not sure what this means for my DITM options. I've got strike prices at $220 and $170. Can I exercise them to turn them into stock? Will they automatically get turned into stock anyway if Tesla goes private?

I've been on the other end of this before, like Robocop, and had deep OTM options that were instantly worthless when a company got bought on an agreed price well below those....I feel for you.

I don’t like this at all, I want to exercise all my deep in the money options. They are now listed at $0 with big losses, someone enlighten me what is happening today... I don’t want to get out at $420, I planned to keep till $1000, probably many of the long term investers here as well...
That's just because with trading halted, there are no bids/asks for them. The deal can't be done without a stockholder vote, you should have plenty of time to do something about them. Exercise and sell, one at a time if necessary. (note: I'm in the same boat. Did have a quiet panic there for a minute.)

I don’t like this at all, I want to exercise all my deep in the money options. They are now listed at $0 with big losses, someone enlighten me what is happening today... I don’t want to get out at $420, I planned to keep till $1000, probably many of the long term investers here as well...

DITM options should be just fine. The $0 is directly related to the halt. The stock cannot just disappear. It will trade again when the material information is all public.

• Helpful
Reactions: AndreN
Status
Not open for further replies.