Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 329784

I view all of this noise (FUD, Twitter battles, etc.) as extending the buying opportunities for the retail investors who have recently come on board. I myself am tapped out in terms of cash (with 1 M3D arrived and a P3D on the way). The long-term prospects for the share price are steadily building while everyone else is distracted. Against all the long odds he is given by others, Elon Musk will succeed.
"Quid me vexarit". Alfred E Neuman. GREAT

Yes, someone close to Elon Musk needs to explain to him that the latest strategy of the much hated shorts is to troll him on Twitter thus diverting valuable mental energy away from his companies.

Ignoring, i.e. not feeding the trolls on your Twitter account is actually the best show of force.

Why? I think twitter is a good place to blow off some steam. Personally speaking that makes Elon more human and more realistic. I personally think this is irrelevant to how the company and product is doing.

People in this forum should be more concern with actual content in the product. Twitter won’t sink or float Tesla. Product does.

Can we just stop micromanaging Elon’s life. And also blowing every tweet out of proportion. This is who he is. He produces a lot of great things and sometimes not so great things (although he was right: The guy’s facebook page was full of different young girls, some of them on beds). We have to live with it. In the great story that is Tesla and the huge story that it will become (a trillion dollar company changing the world), these are just blips.

It takes a lot more EQ to survive in Westeros than it does here..

Argument easily rebutted.

Reporters have a choice on what to report, and how much of it. It’s not criminal for them to omit facts and spin a narrative that suits their reporting agenda.

Find me some scathing Amazon articles in the Washington Post which Jeff Bezos owns..

Electrek went completely off rails by leaking what they did with no certainty of its truth and allowing those trying to destroy Tesla reload and launch another barrage.

Lastly, instead of being a squire for someone else you should be your own Knight with your own arguments.

1. You probably don’t realize that I have that exact panel on my desk at this moment :). And no. The power is actually provided by the 12V network.
12V or even 48V at the entrance means jack. It's still 5V if the pannel is physically broken, and 0V if shortened.
To return to your claims.
Can you share which panels are ASIL sertified. :D

For the rest of the public: the answer is none.
Pretty much all modern panels are silently accepted as worthy and to sertify CID companies do only software and logic part.
2. Tesla can’t do Waymo autonomy. One simple fact- there isn’t failsafe redundancy build in. You should really spend time understand what Waymo and zoox are doing vs what the stuff that Tesla has right now:$
lol
Waymo and zoox together....
Actually I really would like to hear more about relevance of failsafe for ASIL. I

Why? I think twitter is a good place to blow off some steam. Personally speaking that makes Elon more human and more realistic. I personally think this is irrelevant to how the company and product is doing.

People in this forum should be more concern with actual content in the product. Twitter won’t sink or float Tesla. Product does.

Um, can anyone come up with any plausible explanation for why pedo guy HASN'T sued Elon? He's virtually guaranteed a settlement unless he's actually a pedophile.

I know there's a powerful "Elon needs his phone taken away" narrative going but this is actually the second time he's doubled down on this accusation. Does he know something we don't??

Can we just stop micromanaging Elon’s life. And also blowing every tweet out of proportion. This is who he is. He produces a lot of great things and sometimes not so great things (although he was right: The guy’s facebook page was full of different young girls, some of them on beds). We have to live with it. In the great story that is Tesla and the huge story that it will become (a trillion dollar company changing the world), these are just blips.

these are no longer one-off’s that can be attributed to this or that. they have become a trend over the last 5-6 months. and it’s not a good look.

and like i said in my prior post, even if he’s right, it doesn’t matter. he’ll be vilified.

@Foghat brings up a good point about demand damage. will it be the any news is good news effect? or will it actually cause people to say, i’m not buying a car off that guy. (because the media portrays him as a creep - and here’s stuff he said on twitter taken out of context in some cases).

don’t fuel the fire is my point. his companies have many issues to tackle, and that’s where all his stakeholders lie, worry about them first, or at least not on stupid twitter

Last edited:
The arguements for replacing Elon can be summed up here:

How many current CEOs of other car companies have increased revenue growth over a 5 year stretch at the same or better rate as he has?

How many current car CEOs have scaled electric drive trains to the numbers Tesla currently is at?

How many current car CEOs have doubled global battery production over past 3 years with capital investments in “gigafsctories”?

Again I heard a person once say “if you can find anyone who can do a better job, they can take over right now...”

Or maybe he wants this guy in jail. If that guy is guilty, he should be investigated. I admit this is not the right method. But turning a blind eye to molestation isn’t exactly good either. What does that say about us?

It doesn't say anything about us.

If you have EVIDENCE that someone is a pedophile, give it to the authorities. Going online and making the claim without evidence only makes you look bad, even if it's true. That's how things work. People have their lives ruined by false claims of rape and pedophilia. It's very serious and not something that should be said without proof. And the correct way to handle it is to give the proof to authorities, not get into a twitter argument with someone that was rude to you.

How would you know?

So your view is that Elon has some sort of secret source of information about Vern Unsworth, a guy he's never met, yet only tweets about it rather than going to the authorities?

We need to stop ascribing magical powers to this guy. A cigar is just a cigar. He has his pet theory about this guy because of the stereotype of western white males who spend lots of time in Thailand. And nothing more.

did you read it? ASIL and SIL sertifications and standards are principally different instruments. They used only initial draft for reseach but used it pretty much correctly. ASIL provides primarely methods to evaluate risks, SIL standards provides methods to mitigate.
If some retarded SOC manufacturers advertise ASIL D "ready" on classical redundancy 4x design it's their problem.

Pretty disturbing if true (buried in latest NY Times re-hash):

"At 6:30 a.m. on Aug. 18, three robots in the paint shop at the Tesla factory in Fremont, Calif., started malfunctioning. The incident forced a production halt on the Model 3, the key to the company’s future.

Made aware of the stoppage, Mr. Musk went to the factory and worked into the night. The problem was resolved, but Tesla reached a troubling conclusion: The robots had been infected with malware in an act of industrial sabotage. And though they could not prove it, executives suspected they knew the culprit: a rogue employee, working at the behest of short-sellers."

Pretty disturbing if true (buried in latest NY Times re-hash):

"At 6:30 a.m. on Aug. 18, three robots in the paint shop at the Tesla factory in Fremont, Calif., started malfunctioning. The incident forced a production halt on the Model 3, the key to the company’s future.

Made aware of the stoppage, Mr. Musk went to the factory and worked into the night. The problem was resolved, but Tesla reached a troubling conclusion: The robots had been infected with malware in an act of industrial sabotage. And though they could not prove it, executives suspected they knew the culprit: a rogue employee, working at the behest of short-sellers."

Wow, good find.
Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.