Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an AI bot trading TSLA. The bot is cold blooded, it can take a short or long position without fear. I think the way to beat this bot is to make sure your trade makes money. If you lose money in your trades, you are feeding this bot to become even more powerful.

I sold mid term out of money Puts, cash covered. I will see how the AI can win this trade. If I do get the shares due to crash, I will sell mid term covered Calls. If my shares are called away, I will sell Puts again. I don't care about Q3 production or profitability. If Q3 is profitable, the stock could go up big or down big, or stay flat. If Q3 lost lots of money, the stock still could go up big or down big, or stay flat.

I will make sure every trade makes money. All of these trading activities do not interfere with my long term holdings.

• It goes against the spirit of Tesla's guidance, which is guiding a 4k/week sustained rate for Q3 and higher deliveries than production. When issuing guidance companies generally try to simplify forecasting, not complicate it. I.e. they expected a 4k/week rate in July already, when they prepared the guidance.
Tesla never guided for a sustained 4K/wk rate for Q3. They guided for 50 - 55K total production and there are many ways to achieve that - the most likely of which is a gradual increase in production rates over the quarter.

Fred at Electrek has injected some fear about Model 3 production by writing about Bloomberg Model 3 tracker not so reliable, kind of agree for weekly production data but strongly disagree about total production, Bloomberg tracker may be off slightly on total production but not by huge margin.

Bloomberg tracker showing Total Model 3 production so far 78,219.

Model 3 production for previous quarters

222.....Q 3 2017
1542...Q 4 2017
2270...Q 1 2018
18449...Q 2 2018

So If Bloomberg tracker is accurate Q 3 production as of now would be 55736. So this tell me someone going to be wrong by big margin. I own enough share but nice option play may be in horizon.

• Informative
Reactions: Xorbit
Tesla never guided for a sustained 4K/wk rate for Q3. They guided for 50 - 55K total production and there are many ways to achieve that - the most likely of which is a gradual increase in production rates over the quarter.

What they said in the shareholder let was [emphasis added]:

Now that we have reached a production rate of 5,000 Model 3 vehicles per week, we are focused on further ramping production, and achieving profitability and continuous cost efficiencies. We expect to produce 50,000 to 55,000 Model 3 vehicles in Q3, which will represent an increase of 75% to 92% from the prior quarter.

I would interpret this as saying 5K/wk is the starting point...?

Reactions: SpaceCash
Telsa offered to refund people's deposit ($2500), not to pay the Ontario Rebate ($14K) for them.

CBC News · Posted: Jul 14, 2018 5:23 PM ET | Last Updated: July 14
New Tesla owners on hook for $14K after sudden end of electric car incentive program

"While still a bit of a financial stretch, Cheung said his father put down a non-refundable deposit for his "dream car" the day before the election."

"Tesla has offered some customers refunds of their deposits."

Yes, you're right - I was confusing it with the situation in Germany where I think Tesla were covering the €5k

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yes, you're right - I was confusing it with the situation in Germany where I think Tesla were covering the €5k

The incentive here in Germany is actually €4k. Half paid by the manufacturer and the other half by the government. The €2k for the Government are covered by Tesla as well for the cases where a dispute broke out. As reported earlier there is a court case filed and it may take a while until we hear the sentence.

Just stunning... Elon doubling down on the "pedo" accusation again? And his only new evidence is "well, he hasn't sued (yet)"?

How does this help him or Tesla advance its mission?

The pedo story was absolutely dead, and Elon just took pathetic bait.

He should be better than this by now.

Your sincere concern comforts my long position...

Fire Away!:cool:

There isn't enough time in each day to fight every potential battle in life. You pick and choose what is important. If not learned earlier, this is something most managers are forced to learn in their first year of management.
Personally, I didn’t buy into a manager.

I bought into a leader.

That’s what I understood from day one as a stock holder. If Elon would’ve bowed to the manager side my buy at $29 wouldn’t be $300+ today.

Personally, I didn’t buy into a manager.

I bought into a leader.

That’s what I understood from day one as a stock holder. If Elon would’ve bowed to the manager side my buy at $29 wouldn’t be $300+ today.
But is it wise to start arguing with some random troll? Especially about a subject that has backfired before?

Status
Not open for further replies.