Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Market action...I have a buy order in for market open....when fulfilled will give me a nice round 1005 shares.
Sure it may dip further but hears the thing...I am NOT a swing /options/put/call/whatchamacolic trader. I am a buy and hold...long.

The chance to buy at sub 300 is just to good to pass up. NOTHING about the last month has shaken MY faith in Tesla.
I am going to look back in a few years at all the calamity and have a beer and a laugh.

Anyone following TSLA for over a year should know this. TSLA often rapidly dips way more than many would expect.

Such $TSLA dips seem to be particularly common before end of quarter (which is September 30), when billions of dollars of short positions get marked to market price for quarterly hedge fund investor letters and reports ... ;)

Such $TSLA dips seem to be particularly common before end of quarter (which is September 30), when billions of dollars of short positions get marked to market price for quarterly hedge fund investor letters and reports ... ;)

Please don't crush our hopes by implying the dip will linger for another month. Have mercy.

What sort of podcast is this - will it be business focused or a bit of everything?

Joe Rogan interviews are long, like 2+ hours. They are wide ranging. It will be a bit of everything, Joe isn’t technical or business oriented. In a way, think of him as a younger more hip Larry King interview.

Hog Negativity Index is at a 9. It’s almost impossible to find a positive article on Tesla right now.

That being said, this quarter is really a make-or-break quarter. They’re producing high quantities of 3/S/X, and deliveries should be as high as production. They must show profitability, or things will get really ugly. My 2 cents.

Have been picking up shares at dips on the way down, to help make up for when I bought at $350.
Looking at my average price going down makes me feel warm :) especially when the long future is bright!

I recently got a boatload (well, a really big container ship load) at $285 and if it goes down from there, well, I will simply buy more.
The challenge was/is finding dry powder. I just forced that to happen because the recent "competition" makes Tesla look better:D

As astute people observe, Tesla is way ahead on many fronts. Regardless of The FUD, Tesla will always be the leader.

Seriously this so called Elon Musk is getting to be a huge joke and I do really hope he pays for his *sugar*. Even if everything is true, Elon, my lovely liar, even then you should focus on your promises. One who is in the glass door does not throw stones at other people. Get your personal mess together and DELIVER instead of being a joke on weed like you were in the last 3 weeks. Your investors who believe in the future of Tesla have lost millions of dollars because of your stupidity and your unhealthy EGO. Stop now and DELIVER RESULTS. You are not anymore a child fighting for attention. Get your attention from SUCCESS. Do not make empty promises AND DELIVER.

I now regret giving you a sincere reply earlier. Please consider it revoked... to you only.

OK, I'm going to go purely technical on my next buy. Since the announcement that TSLA would remain public we have closed down for 6 trading days in a row. I will buy after the first green close or minutes before it looks like it will close green. This will be a short-term options play aka speculation aka gambling aka not an advice.

as far as total port-
i’m kinda loaded on stk right now. not looking to add a significant amount more unless it drops further.

trying to salvage some options contracts
sept - lost cause
oct - most likely lost cause
dec - trying to avg down
jan:
- exercised one position based upon private prospects and loading up on shrs (hence the reason i’m not adding a significant amount more)
- other contracts not touching

this last month hasn’t been good to me, i know i’m not alone. such is tsla

still waiting for 3 delivery. maybe that will cheer me up. but not likely, i was up 2Ps now down a base (chump change for some of you, i know).

positioned for comeback though. if it doesn’t comeback well then this will be the most expensive purchase i’ve ever made. life goes on. still have health, fam, and friends. and the dog is relatively happy hahha

This is a toilet flush of Elon Musk... Not if Tesla.. Remember that... Problem is... Tesla is Elon Musk - or can it survive without him?

I want an official announcement by the board of a good Cop to help Elon and Elon concentrating on the vision and future of Tesla rather than daily production problems. Furthermore I expect the board and Elon to announce to stop tweeting about unimportant stuff and concentrate on shareholder value. I do also expect and apology for the last few weeks from both the board and Elon and an official statement that Tesla is in better condition than ever to reach its goals both financially and operational

Can someone hire me as a PR guy at Tesla so I can immediately initiate these changes

Interestingly enough the borrow rate at IB for TSLA is the lowest it has been since March. I would guesstimate another 1.5 million shares were covered since the last report. A declining price and declining short interest seems unusual for TSLA. I would speculate current price action may be driven more by scared longs and/or some big holder (Saudi Arabia?) selling than by shorts. Obviously this could imply further downside since shorts have plenty of ammunition to continue driving the price down but stock prices are impossible for me to predict.

Do you see stock price? Investors have lost trust in Elon completely.
If course that will influence stock price as it shows that he can't stick to his promises. I do really hope for all of us that this was not the last time to see Tesla over 300.
So how's the weather over there in Switzerland? Beautiful country I am told. Got any pictures? Would love to see something positive from you. I know you can do it.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.