Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is that they have tons of unsold RWD LR cars sitting all over the country. I was at the Charlotte Sales/Service Center yesterday and they must have 200 to 250 M3s sitting on the lot. Granted, some of those are probably sold, but I was told a significant portion (does that mean 10 cars or 150 cars, I don't know) were staged cars. Would it be best at this point to software limit them and sell them as SR? Or have them sit on the lot until a buyer can be found?

So people clicked on "Disagree" - but offered no reply on what they disagreed with. First, I asked a question - so how do you disagree with a question? Or do you disagree that the Charlotte store has its lot and grass areas full of Model 3s. That's an easy one. Go there and look, or call and ask them. They had several people there looking at 3s that had no reservation. I know, because I spent 1.5 hours telling these people the joys of owning and driving a Tesla, and that they would never drive a gas car again once they owned a Tesla (I can't speak for the other electric cars).

So, what exactly are the people who clicked "Disagree" disagreeing with? Maybe you disagree that the cars at the Charlotte location were staged. So, either I'm lying or the sales person was lying. I can tell you there were no deliveries taking place, and the lot is full of 3s. Do your own due diligence before you call me a liar. I doubt anyone will. Like the morons who tell me Tesla cars catch on fire all the time, the cars are poorly built, the range is less than 100 miles, and all that crap - they just disagree when I give them the facts. Most people would rather exist in blissful ignorance than actually accept the truth - because sometimes the truth means you were wrong.

By the way - at least one person who disagreed with my comment/question knows that I am not a big fan of all the "gadgets" that went into the Model X. However, we had a P100DL as a loaner the last 2 weeks. I was at the Charlotte location yesterday because I was returning it. And while I still wish they had kept the car simpler and started building it 2 years sooner (with several hundred million less invested in design), the car truly is amazing. When I went to get in my Model S, my first thought was, "oh crap, this sucks, I have to open the door." And yes, we want an X now. So, possibly, I was wrong about the X. Here are some pictures as I enjoyed my drive from Savannah to Charlotte yesterday (I try to always take back roads - I hate interstates).

I love old structures - especially in old, abandoned towns. I captioned this photo, "Hello Past. Meet the future.

UrgnQBBDOGXZFTVvntH4_5zElrZ9YGrj7gzaOS5RUq6AbmxLvlzT60F2fEbFUVvQjfByqn98BDeU6SYBkZC9eRhR0EV9CUZbxxkS9nhPAfA-sRu0NICaQqqtZ-RHLcpAyVW4QjKPViCK1MoAiU6m9u0OjrcP-IPo26TjLx37Xg79Zhn2wYHQEoWQNry2t0q2JJs3Y-0bGBCCfaFFUfi9OK6tZbMK3poWuEMVudyKRvMtiMpfLgTSK9YNPY74FXVXCjcAA_ir7ZLP5aFmUI9q__iIR0s03lnX7wJisZo18tLeciRGcj-7gmhywqXkDJjIr08hY_rf9u0asZSe6Y9NhRbYXzcIh_nOM25x549RYpzwaYJ94GAz-mYtIpaIp_MfxmySaqkv7FnvKmYjNLAAPgHiikIAEcjNQgj5EuQgfVcp5YWqQLWZ9Z00OTgvhfv8x0QmboD6Ef7ksaa7LrZ9MfFGYOnBFPtDh4R1NPzbS5YHOfSuqMBBh9FduAa0Qj9p80AWyyvJwJJidHyLGiI3ovFjNj-gqCtYPF2h6HFkAkJPHE0YXrF0gUlS5Eh53m0FpXCWwjyYICkIuFLiQ40oRuW3O0n1z4njRtjHaMR2jRPNHoAw6IAecrUPLt4_Zt_9=w918-h806-no

I couldn't resist this old gas station. I captioned this one, "Fill 'er up please. No need to check the oil."

TLWV-QkTSXR0z78k44skKtInFtLo1ZGsY6juxFkSJAbsRwPulrfGzUMuD-eR3oz2u3YN4SShCcArSPdKON8zJLAlAKvyiwmDALMGbu4xEi8SDyYTdX1YfYky_Ep6prxFXv3Rim0EvyF7L6b58ZBxlEz4ewvEWsfwXxPVqZJw84tr7ELeOxVKoHsv1qlekYs3KVo5YAlx6Z1GKCFpXClmWbm7HtREfNNf1iIaUUawapuCZOq9woP6QT-mCz_-fKdQo72Ko92yerJfrtQPmDOVdBXWLeYeEonrcvtyPRC9uKzwwY2H2Ih-HwE9ljeUbwHPOCBzqNFDPl4LpuazI9twd8oiEdBnzEIINCF3oZ2b45yXxZJHxg_3gqAacO0bLn7_pcOPWv4jHvpqD2LgTN6fbvfARf-ZdH3O4gbJEmU7hV-jX4w--ljjgkNfJ8jBnbyoQrYeX2Gtx9OBhwCvfAvAhF-KKy3QJD5k2BX96_9utAaYjZHvjbMca8JlSWQ1mKh5vso2McSlKLvGe382KipY2Zwg8hSARj0ANfLAhFyScNU6Zrzo3Aa1Nw5vJll2apxpLdgFB2E00ob2UfWarPPLZsAlQFcpfh1Y3Wwx_SWVemfVJiQpLubtbYtslL0zdVo8=w1074-h806-no

Last edited:
Hog Negativity Index is plummeting. At a 6.

The fact that Elon named Jerome as COO of the auto side of the house is WAY bigger news than the market is letting on. JB’s already kinda the energy side COO.

Not at all baked into the SP.

Yeah, I liked Jerome at the share holder meeting. He seemed up beat, level headed, problem solver -- just what Tesla needs now. Seems like a great move to promote him to a higher level of responsibility and take some burden off Musk.

So people clicked on "Disagree" - but offered no reply on what they disagreed with. First, I asked a question - so how do you disagree with a question. Or do you disagree that the Charlotte store has it's lot and grass areas full of Model 3s. That's an easy one. Go there and look, or call and ask them. They had several people there looking at 3s that had no reservation. I know, because I spend 1.5 hours telling these people the joys of owning and driving a Tesla, and that they would never drive a gas car again once they owned a Tesla (I can't speak for the other electric cars).

So, what exactly are the people who clicked "Disagree" disagreeing with? Maybe you disagree that the cars at the Charlotte location were staged. So, either I'm lying or the sales person was lying. I can tell you there were no deliveries taking place, and the lot is full of 3s. Do your own due diligence before you call me a liar. I doubt anyone will. Like the morons who tell me Tesla cars catch on fire all the time, the cars are poorly built, the range is less than 100 miles, and all that crap - they just disagree when I give them the facts. Most people would rather exist in blissful ignorance than actually accept the truth - because sometimes the truth means you were wrong.

By the way - at least one person who disagreed with my comment/question knows that I am not a big fan of all the "gadgets" that went into the Model X. However, we had a P100DL as a loaner the last 2 weeks. I was at the Charlotte location yesterday because I was returning it. And while I still wish they had kept the car simpler and started building it 2 years sooner (with several hundred less invested in design), the car truly is amazing. When I went to get in my Model S, my first thought was, "oh crap, this sucks, I have to open the door." And yes, we want an X now. So, possibly, I was wrong about the X. Here are some pictures as I enjoyed my drive from Savannah to Charlotte yesterday (I try to always take back roads - I hate interstates).

I love old structures - especially in old, abandoned towns. I captioned this photo, "Hello Past. Meet the future.

UrgnQBBDOGXZFTVvntH4_5zElrZ9YGrj7gzaOS5RUq6AbmxLvlzT60F2fEbFUVvQjfByqn98BDeU6SYBkZC9eRhR0EV9CUZbxxkS9nhPAfA-sRu0NICaQqqtZ-RHLcpAyVW4QjKPViCK1MoAiU6m9u0OjrcP-IPo26TjLx37Xg79Zhn2wYHQEoWQNry2t0q2JJs3Y-0bGBCCfaFFUfi9OK6tZbMK3poWuEMVudyKRvMtiMpfLgTSK9YNPY74FXVXCjcAA_ir7ZLP5aFmUI9q__iIR0s03lnX7wJisZo18tLeciRGcj-7gmhywqXkDJjIr08hY_rf9u0asZSe6Y9NhRbYXzcIh_nOM25x549RYpzwaYJ94GAz-mYtIpaIp_MfxmySaqkv7FnvKmYjNLAAPgHiikIAEcjNQgj5EuQgfVcp5YWqQLWZ9Z00OTgvhfv8x0QmboD6Ef7ksaa7LrZ9MfFGYOnBFPtDh4R1NPzbS5YHOfSuqMBBh9FduAa0Qj9p80AWyyvJwJJidHyLGiI3ovFjNj-gqCtYPF2h6HFkAkJPHE0YXrF0gUlS5Eh53m0FpXCWwjyYICkIuFLiQ40oRuW3O0n1z4njRtjHaMR2jRPNHoAw6IAecrUPLt4_Zt_9=w918-h806-no

I couldn't resist this old gas station. I captioned this one, "Fill 'er up please. No need to check the oil."

TLWV-QkTSXR0z78k44skKtInFtLo1ZGsY6juxFkSJAbsRwPulrfGzUMuD-eR3oz2u3YN4SShCcArSPdKON8zJLAlAKvyiwmDALMGbu4xEi8SDyYTdX1YfYky_Ep6prxFXv3Rim0EvyF7L6b58ZBxlEz4ewvEWsfwXxPVqZJw84tr7ELeOxVKoHsv1qlekYs3KVo5YAlx6Z1GKCFpXClmWbm7HtREfNNf1iIaUUawapuCZOq9woP6QT-mCz_-fKdQo72Ko92yerJfrtQPmDOVdBXWLeYeEonrcvtyPRC9uKzwwY2H2Ih-HwE9ljeUbwHPOCBzqNFDPl4LpuazI9twd8oiEdBnzEIINCF3oZ2b45yXxZJHxg_3gqAacO0bLn7_pcOPWv4jHvpqD2LgTN6fbvfARf-ZdH3O4gbJEmU7hV-jX4w--ljjgkNfJ8jBnbyoQrYeX2Gtx9OBhwCvfAvAhF-KKy3QJD5k2BX96_9utAaYjZHvjbMca8JlSWQ1mKh5vso2McSlKLvGe382KipY2Zwg8hSARj0ANfLAhFyScNU6Zrzo3Aa1Nw5vJll2apxpLdgFB2E00ob2UfWarPPLZsAlQFcpfh1Y3Wwx_SWVemfVJiQpLubtbYtslL0zdVo8=w1074-h806-no
I absolutely love the pictures. Great work!

Dan

Reactions: wipster
BTW, and sorry for all the posts, by Dana Hull is writing better balanced articles as of late. Her period of FUDiness appears to have ended.

Advance warning, it's a Bloomberg link: Terms of Service Violation

Well, I'll give it an 'A' for effort, but the author just can't shake leading word choices. Probably the least negative mainstream article I've read in a while though.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
So people clicked on "Disagree" - but offered no reply on what they disagreed with. First, I asked a question - so how do you disagree with a question? Or do you disagree that the Charlotte store has its lot and grass areas full of Model 3s. That's an easy one. Go there and look, or call and ask them. They had several people there looking at 3s that had no reservation. I know, because I spend 1.5 hours telling these people the joys of owning and driving a Tesla, and that they would never drive a gas car again once they owned a Tesla (I can't speak for the other electric cars).

By the way - at least one person who disagreed with my comment/question knows that I am not a big fan of all the "gadgets" that went into the Model X. However, we had a P100DL as a loaner the last 2 weeks. I was at the Charlotte location yesterday because I was returning it. And while I still wish they had kept the car simpler and started building it 2 years sooner (with several hundred less invested in design), the car truly is amazing. When I went to get in my Model S, my first thought was, "oh crap, this sucks, I have to open the door." And yes, we want an X now. So, possibly, I was wrong about the X. Here are some pictures as I enjoyed my drive from Savannah to Charlotte yesterday (I try to always take back roads - I hate interstates).

Tesla might have some problem with matching cars to buyers. I don't know. What I do know is that those are two very good photos of the x!

So people clicked on "Disagree" - but offered no reply on what they disagreed with. First, I asked a question - so how do you disagree with a question? Or do you disagree that the Charlotte store has its lot and grass areas full of Model 3s. That's an easy one. Go there and look, or call and ask them. They had several people there looking at 3s that had no reservation. I know, because I spent 1.5 hours telling these people the joys of owning and driving a Tesla, and that they would never drive a gas car again once they owned a Tesla (I can't speak for the other electric cars).

By the way - at least one person who disagreed with my comment/question knows that I am not a big fan of all the "gadgets" that went into the Model X. However, we had a P100DL as a loaner the last 2 weeks. I was at the Charlotte location yesterday because I was returning it. And while I still wish they had kept the car simpler and started building it 2 years sooner (with several hundred million less invested in design), the car truly is amazing. When I went to get in my Model S, my first thought was, "oh crap, this sucks, I have to open the door." And yes, we want an X now. So, possibly, I was wrong about the X. Here are some pictures as I enjoyed my drive from Savannah to Charlotte yesterday (I try to always take back roads - I hate interstates).

Don't let it ruffle your feathers. There are always some who will disagree at anything even remotely outside their limited points of view. I went by both Raleigh and Charlotte on our vacation last month up to the hills near Asheville. I saw and heard the same thing. I feel bad for the Raleigh employees. The problems there are completely out of their control.

Great pics by the way! Love B&W.

After 4 whole years of;
  • Blogging/vlogging about Tesla in my country reaching 37k subscribers
  • Helping tens of people who can afford it import and get one. (No official Tesla existence in Turkey)
  • Helping Tesla owners 24/7 with their potential problems and charging questions
  • Starting the one and only EV/Tesla community of Turkey(300+ drivers), organizing events and even getting a 'Thanks' back from Elon on twitter
  • Becoming an EV influencer in the country
I have finally put my money where my mouth is. Just couldn't resist the dip. I've made an account through a broker to buy US stocks from Turkey. (last time I attempted this paperwork just seemed too much, this was a few months back at 248$)

I bought TSLA and TSLA only using all of the savings I made from my 'hobby job' Tesla and EVs. If it goes down, I've made that money promoting Tesla anyway. If it goes up maybe I too can finally own a Tesla one day.Some could interpret this as a dumb, irrational, fanboy fueled move but;

- This passion of mine kept me at this EV promotion hobby for 4 years straight. It really is an inexplainable excitement that arises once every decade if you're luck.
- I've been following the entire EV industry this past 4 years as best as I could. The way I read things these days is in terms of EV experience and supply chain, others aren't even coming close to Tesla to compete. Yes, Germans or other legacy makers can build great cars but they know nothing about EVs. Porsche seems to be the only one with the correct approach in terms of charging experience, not being a Tesla rival but rival of other ICE's etc. Jaguar are delaying deliveries by months and I see no headlines but some 'car-head' reviewing its handling knowing nothing about what matters to EVs for competitiveness. It's software is decades behind.
- I trust Elon still. He can smoke blunts or drink if he wants but you can tell he's a genious. He has overcome these before only know he has more power. I'm sure he will prevail. The story of 'CEO corrupted by too much power/popularity' just doesn't get to me. Feels like I know him.
- Reason TSLA is getting so much heat these days while attackers playing the 'we're just being rational' game just goes to show how close they are to making it for good.

Without making this post longer I just wanted to say hi. After all these years it feels great to put my money where my mouth is. Here's to days I can afford a Tesla.

I trust Elon still. He can smoke blunts or drink if he wants but you can tell he's a genious.

Can we all stop feeding the FUD that Elon smokes Blunts? He has no idea WTF he is doing when it comes to smoking anything.

He himself said it doesnt do anything for him and kills productivity. Someone sleeping on the factory floor and getting high all the time is analogous to chomping on snickers while running on the treadmill.

It was obvious in the video that his comfort zone is talking about AI and simulated realities.

After 4 whole years of;
  • .Some could interpret this as a dumb, irrational, fanboy fueled move but;

Some could interpret it like that. I have a name for those people. Actually I have lots of names for those people but I don't think I'm allowed to use those names in here.

Amazing work. What you're doing is a perfect example of why this company will succeed. Good old people to people connections. Don't ever underestimate the power of that.

After 4 whole years of;
  • Helping tens of people who can afford it import and get one. (No official Tesla existence in Turkey)
  • Helping Tesla owners 24/7 with their potential problems and charging questions
  • Starting the one and only EV/Tesla community of Turkey(300+ drivers), organizing events and even getting a 'Thanks' back from Elon on twitter
I have finally put my money where my mouth is. Just couldn't resist the dip. I've made an account through a broker to buy US stocks from Turkey. (last time I attempted this paperwork just seemed too much, this was a few months back at 248$)

I bought TSLA and TSLA only using all of the savings I made from my 'hobby job' Tesla and EVs. If it goes down, I've made that money promoting Tesla anyway. If it goes up maybe I too can finally own a Tesla one day.Some could interpret this as a dumb, irrational, fanboy fueled move but;

- This passion of mine kept me at this EV promotion hobby for 4 years straight. It really is an inexplainable excitement that arises once every decade if you're luck.
- I've been following the entire EV industry this past 4 years as best as I could. The way I read things these days is in terms of EV experience and supply chain, others aren't even coming close to Tesla to compete. Yes, Germans or other legacy makers can build great cars but they know nothing about EVs. Porsche seems to be the only one with the correct approach in terms of charging experience, not being a Tesla rival but rival of other ICE's etc. Jaguar are delaying deliveries by months and I see no headlines but some 'car-head' reviewing its handling knowing nothing about what matters to EVs for competitiveness. It's software is decades behind.
- I trust Elon still. He can smoke blunts or drink if he wants but you can tell he's a genious. He has overcome these before only know he has more power. I'm sure he will prevail. The story of 'CEO corrupted by too much power/popularity' just doesn't get to me. Feels like I know him.
- Reason TSLA is getting so much heat these days while attackers playing the 'we're just being rational' game just goes to show how close they are to making it for good.

Without making this post longer I just wanted to say hi. After all these years it feels great to put my money where my mouth is. Here's to days I can afford a Tesla.

Welcome!

I look forward to spotting Teslas the next time I visit your beautiful city.

Think I might have been too - I was sure I posted a comment the other day, but couldn't find it back?

Fred's credibility is fading daily. What a shame, he was a great source for several years.

Follow the money. He probably found out that FUD titles get more hits, so he gets more ad revenue. Wouldn’t you do this if you were him?

After 4 whole years of;

a friend is looking to do this; can you share any details for this in Turkey if none is private?

Status
Not open for further replies.