Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the days when we would talk more about Supercharger expansion, cars, products and the cool factor than the share price or manipulation.
New Tweet from Musk - does this sound ominous to anyone else?
"People sometimes forget that a company is just a group of people gathered together to make products. So long as it makes great products, it will have great value."

Is he saying that it doesn't matter precisely who the people are, i.e. that is planning to step down?

Is he trying to say profit isn't all that important? Paving the way for a non profit Q3 and cap raise? Being reckless still could explain it thinking it will go down anyway.

OK, the only reason I am here has to do with electric cars. I will stay until Tesla is no longer making electric cars.
:love: :love: :love:

If it means I lose 100% of my investment then so be it. Tesla gave me hope that we can change the world for the better. That my wallet can make a difference. I love Elon, but he is nuts. If I go down with the nut bag then I go down with the nut bag.
In the long run, the company will be fine without Musk.

"People sometimes forget that a company is just a group of people gathered together to make products. So long as it makes great products, it will have great value."

Is he saying that it doesn't matter precisely who the people are, i.e. that is planning to step down?
IMHO, yes.

Now that we know that Jerome is President of Automotive, i.e. there is someone competent in charge...

...Musk's resignation may be the buying opportunity of the century.

Never a dull moment...

Meh, it is a massive conflict of interest, and Fred is too self-righteous to admit that.
What's the conflict? He discloses it and says outright that he's a huge fan. Until the mods banned the practice, lots of people here did the same thing.

He's not pretending to be neutral about Tesla. Advocacy journalism is a thing (and he's doing it). More of a problem is his thin skin when it comes to factual corrections.

Elon won't step down. He has important things to do with the Tesla money down the road.

Don't know about him, but to me? It's not that important. I have been following the company since before Musk was CEO.

Musk's leadership, with his particular set of talents, was absolutely necessary during certain crucial periods -- when Eberhard was insisting on decisions with the Roadster which made it unprofitable, for example. Later on, there was no obvious successor.

Now Jerome Guillen is the obvious successor (which led me to breathe a huge sigh of relief when he was appointed President of Automotive).

Musk needs his *health*. He's already stated outright that he wants out of the job of being CEO of Tesla as a public company! Twice! Once in the NYT interview; once when he tried to take the company private.

At some subconscious level, is he *trying* to get thrown out as CEO? Perhaps. The current situation is awful for his health and some part of him knows that.

i dunno. on one hand keep reading his tweets and you’d think he’s got something favorable up his sleeve with the sec thing...
but then after the one about the company makeup, it sounds like exactly what you’re saying. we shouldn’t have to be dealing with this bullshit. seriously.

MXWing, it's because the short circuit breaker will be off tomorrow. It was in effect today, triggered by Friday's >10% drop, so they could only short on upticks today. It makes a substantial difference.
This. I wouldn't have liked a decision to take the case to court, but I'd have supported it.

This? This is some grade-A man-childing. I posted back when the 'pedo' tweets happened that it revealed things about Musk that I wasn't pleased with. This is another point on that line.

I'll remain long Tesla until the cows come home, but my confidence in Musk has taken a major beating lately.

I get loss of confidence but for me it I will only worry if I lost confidence in Elon/Tesla's engineering ability. The ability to make the best most desirable cars. Could care less about the vagaries of these tweets other than they are distractions. I get that people are up and down a lot of paper losses these days but if you think the mission is important and they are executing on the mission better than anyone else then don't fuss so much about what happens to the stock over the next 6 months, year, 2 years etc. Once they are profitable they more or less write their own ticket anyway.

I partially base my investment on: How are their products liked/reviewed in the market place and what is everyone else doing. Answers for now are: 'Absolutely Stellar' and 'Not Much at all'.

Status
Not open for further replies.