Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should think about the opinion rather than just taking a view based on the source (and not just in this case). Is an SEC bureaucrat really going to tell his boss "we should change this agreed settlement because Musk was rude to us in a tweet".

yeah i would agree. it’s more about the blowback elsewhere...investors, insts, credibility, etc.
it only makes the sec’s position of negotiation stronger should the deal fall through, for whatever reason (i’m behind and haven’t caught up to the judges review or what that entails).
either he’s completely spent like neroden is saying, or he’s up to something.

I suggest everybody to cool down a little. Lots of emotions here for really no reason.

This is no violation to his agreement and he is still free to say what he believed the SEC really is.

One thing I know for sure, Tesla still builds the best cars you can buy for money and we expect a nice market surprise at the ER.

If people sell tomorrow because they do not like his tweet behavior than they should never have invested. What he does Tweet has no impact on production, delivery, profit and cash flow or financial results they will present.

Sure, the media will use this tweets and make a big story out of that and shorts will try to attack once again but all that we know already. We know also that they never managed to get the SP under certain levels. The company is simply in a too good position today and there is no visible risk in an investment as of today versus the past quarters.

Investors who keep cool will be on the winner side and maybe this is just another bear trap and opportunity to add ....

I said it before: Emotion and the stock market don't go well together. Focus on the fundamentals and not on some SEC teasing we have seen tonight.

P.S. 12 k likes, not so bad :)

How important is it to you that Elon remains CEO? Because he's risking that right now

I've never laughed so much while losing money. ;)
As long as everybody hold-hold-hold their positions, nobody is losing money.
Losing are just the fools believing all the FUD.
Nothing can stop Tesla anymore from being the most innovative must-haves in the next years.
Even incapable people who will lose entire companies know it and try to stop Tesla being better.
It won't help them.

What concerns Elon:
...what if a "going private" is secured now and we don't know?

If you are a true investor, and don't use borrowed money (margin) to buy stocks, you will be fine. Nothing is 100% sure, this is as sure as it gets. The down side is limited. I have a lot of shares, I will sleep soundly. I will continue to save cash and add more shares regardless of the price movement.

Tesla's intrinsic value is significantly higher than $500 a share. In the worst case the company can be sold, it will be in high demand. Don't be fooled by the stock manipulators. Treat all the drama and price drop as a gift. But never assume a certain point as the "true bottom" and go full margin. When I use margin, I always have more than enough cash in the bank to handle the margin calls.

Only you know your financial situation and risk tolerance. Good luck!

I suggest everybody to cool down a little. Lots of emotions here for really no reason.

This is no violation to his agreement and he is still free to say what he believed the SEC really is.

One thing I know for sure, Tesla still builds the best cars you can buy for money and we expect a nice market surprise at the ER.

If people sell tomorrow because they do not like his tweet behavior than they should never have invested. What he does Tweet has no impact on production, delivery, profit and cash flow or financial results they will present.

Sure, the media will use this tweets and make a big story out of that and shorts will try to attack once again but all that we know already. We know also that they never managed to get the SP under certain levels. The company is simply in a too good position today and there is no visible risk in an investment as of today versus the past quarters.

Investors who keep cool will be on the winner side and maybe this is just another bear trap and opportunity to add ....

I said it before: Emotion and the stock market don't go well together. Focus on the fundamentals and not on some SEC teasing we have seen tonight.

P.S. 12 k likes, not so bad :)
But 11k of the likes are from Shortsville...

You guys have to understand that the SEC's settlement requires Elon to pull out his checkbook to PAY the SHORTS who were damaged by the tweet back. Shorts who had mandatory margin calls lost from that tweet. So Elon is saying SEC working for shorts is pretty much 100% true and he absolutely hates the deal. If the SEC said "you must pay a fine of 20million and donate it to make a wish foundation" then we wouldn't even be here right now.

How important is it to you that Elon remains CEO? Because he's risking that right now
Don't know about him, but to me? It's not that important. I have been following the company since before Musk was CEO.

Musk's leadership, with his particular set of talents, was absolutely necessary during certain crucial periods -- when Eberhard was insisting on decisions with the Roadster which made it unprofitable, for example. Later on, there was no obvious successor.

Now Jerome Guillen is the obvious successor (which led me to breathe a huge sigh of relief when he was appointed President of Automotive).

Musk needs his *health*. He's already stated outright that he wants out of the job of being CEO of Tesla as a public company! Twice! Once in the NYT interview; once when he tried to take the company private.

At some subconscious level, is he *trying* to get thrown out as CEO? Perhaps. The current situation is awful for his health and some part of him knows that.

You guys have to understand that the SEC's settlement requires Elon to pull out his checkbook to PAY the SHORTS who were damaged by the tweet back. Shorts who had mandatory margin calls lost from that tweet. So Elon is saying SEC working for shorts is pretty much 100% true and he absolutely hates the deal. If the SEC said "you must pay a fine of 20million and donate it to make a wish foundation" then we wouldn't even be here right now.
There seems to be some level of Stockholm Syndrome going on here. Tweet was 100% in character and long-term a good thing. Why the hell would Elon be nice to the SEC? They can burn in hell. And maybe they will

I thought that I might lose all my money in TSLA, but not like this. Just finished buying another 1000 shares...

OK, the only reason I am here has to do with electric cars. I will stay until Tesla is no longer making electric cars. If it means I lose 100% of my investment then so be it. Tesla gave me hope that we can change the world for the better. That my wallet can make a difference. I love Elon, but he is nuts. If I go down with the nut bag then I go down with the nut bag. What good is money anyway...

What a beautiful car the 3 is...

At this point I cannot even be pissed if he does anything more that is incredibly stupid, because I am still here and he has given full disclosure. I have lost that right.

Helluva way to mess with the mission...

Status
Not open for further replies.