Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He then replied this to a question about v9:

"Almost ready. We expanded the early access program to 1000 more users a few days ago."​

He also wrote this a few minutes ago:

@elonmusk: "If you think Tesla is overvalued compared to probable value of future cash flows, sell. Otherwise, buy."​

This would read rather awkwardly if Q3 cash flow was a disappointment.

What concerns Elon:
...what if a "going private" is secured now and we don't know?

While I agreed with everything else you wrote, I believe the going private deal was abandoned because EM could find no way to ensure that enough current investors could stay. If that is true, then there is little chance for it to be revived now.

Welcome new posters.... imposters...

For all the regulars, standby, stand down. The level of bullsh*t spewed by media coupled with a blatant demonstration of crony capitalism by the SEC instigated by non investors using highly questionable stories resulting in a third world kangaroo court extortion verdict, has gotten us all very jittery. It is all very overwhelming to see the machine systematically attempting to eliminate a clear threat to its existence.

Hedge funds
Wallstreet lenders
Fossil fuel companies
Auto makers/vendors for useless parts in an electric world
Advertisers
Media that lives on said advertisers
Government that has no interest in stopping climate change

Dare I say.... etc.

It is disconcerting to say the least.

Musk through his life has demonstrated time and again that he can take a beating.
All of us whose shares have been raked by manipulation, deceitful practices and an absence of integrity must point to it’s true cause. Not a few tweets...

Relentless attack by the above listed entities. The possibility exists that they will succeed in stamping out the last best hope our blue marble has.

Musk’s net worth is wrapped up in Tesla and SpaceX and mine is wrapped up in Tesla as well. Do I feel like I’m standing in front of a firing squad? Yup but I’m rooting for facts, truth and results for the reprieve.

Do you think that the first time Musk got,the sh*t kicked out him in the school yard he thought “maybe if I’m just nice to them they won’t kick the sh*t out of me anymore”. What he learned was they kept kicking the sh*t outta him until he fought back. Mind you he still got the sh*t kicked outta him again, but for the last time.

When one is getting the sh*t kicked out of ones self one needs to draw the line. Do any of you think if he just played nice, that all of this would stop? I don’t and we see so after he took the deal, put record results up and the pile on went up by 4 orders of magnitude anyway. By the way, when cash flow positive and profits are announced its gonna quadruple. M3 just crushed the competition and even non competition in a single quarter and that’s at half speed with both hands tied behind Tesla’s back.

Set aside what you think is “normal acceptable” behavior this is disruption 101.

It’s not nice, it’s volatile and nasty and uncertain.

I’m still long

Fire Away!

I know Musk isn't reading this, but if he is --

Elon, listen to Arianna Huffington's advice.

Arianna Huffington Just Gave Elon Musk Some Really Good Advice That Everyone Should Follow

You're under too much stress to function right now. Be scientific about this. Tesla's bigger than you now. You got Model 3 to the necessary production and delivery volume which means Tesla is structurally profitable. Jerome and JB and Deepak can take it from here, for six months at least. Take a break from the CEO job and *fix your brain* by getting some sleep.

P.S. Anyone at all should feel free to forward this anywhere Musk might see it.

Or where any board member can see it. An enforced medical leave would be the right thing for the Board to do, if they want to have Musk back and functional later.

Well, we know Elon saw this article (he replied on Twitter and was not really receptive to the argument).

The more I think about it the more I believe he's preparing to leave or at least step down as Tesla's CEO. May depress the share price yes for sure, but by the time they have their 2nd or 3rd profitable quarter, paid their debt in due time and join S&P500 it will be back and more. I'd be cautious before then, the ability of the short side to control the narrative has been proven and proven lately, they are not going away anytime soon.

While I agreed with everything else you wrote, I believe the going private deal was abandoned because EM could find no way to ensure that enough current investors could stay. If that is true, then there is little chance for it to be revived now.

I think @neroden speculated about the possibility of Tesla becoming an unlisted public company. Still quarterly GAAP reports to file (which protects investors), but no short sellers. No 2,000 shareholders limit.

I miss the days when we would talk more about Supercharger expansion, cars, products and the cool factor than the share price or manipulation.

Since those less eventful days there have been multiple warnings here and elsewhere, that the more successful Tesla becomes, the more the FUD the company and its investors will have to endure.

So far everything is going as planned.

Just make sure you are all buckled up.

me or no one.
maxresdefault.jpg

Check out the shorts length ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
I think @neroden speculated about the possibility of Tesla becoming an unlisted public company. Still quarterly GAAP reports to file (which protects investors), but no short sellers. No 2,000 shareholders limit.
Yeah, I actually liked that idea. It's uncommon these days and I'm not sure Musk even knows it's a possibility (he seems very ill-informed about this sort of legal detail).

I think we have sufficient evidence to show that Musk is just exhausted. He got Tesla to the crucial point; he needs to take a break.

*A lot of other Tesla execs have taken breaks*, including Deepak Ahuja. Sure, some of them never came back, but some did come back.

Man, you are rolling over way to easily, this is a friggin street fight... a dirty filthy backstabbing street fight. Maybe your nerves are gettin to ya:D

Chill for a bit.

Chive On!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.