Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you pick a number in the middle of a production ramp and call that the top. Without any proof. And when it gets to 5,000 or 6,000 you will do the same. Don’t hurt your back carrying those goal posts.

You know exactly why they no longer publish the reservation list. In North America you no longer need a reservation to order.

Model S where I meant Model 3... Guess that’s because I owned three already. Try driving one. I heard it cures trollitis.
Spend some time on the TMC and M3OC threads and you will see that a production rate of 5,000+ created nothing but chaos. For the U.S. and Canada 4,000 seems to be the number the logistics folks can manage. Once Tesla opens up Europe or other markets for Model 3 then of course production can ramp back up. As we approach the end of the pent-up demand for LR models in the U.S., Tesla can fire demand back up here with the introduction of the SR while directing some shipments of LR models to overseas markets.

This is why I have been predicting Tesla will open configurations to Europe possibly as soon as this month for December delivery, unless they plan to turn most of their production over to the SR for Q4 deliveries here in the U.S. ahead of reductions in the FITC on 1/1/19. A lot depends on the readiness of the SR battery pack.

David Einhorn is a hedge fund manager. Is he not subject to the same rules as Musk? Can he not run afoul of the SEC in the same way? Should longs file a complaint, could we?
He unfortunately doesn't have to follow the same rules with respect to shorting stocks. There have been attempts to sync up the disclosure requirements for shorts with those for longs, but nothing has been done yet.

https://www.sec.gov/rules/petitions/2015/petn4-691.pdf

For crying out loud - The Economist is one of the most credible publications, period, and has been extremely positive about Tesla in the past. I've been reading it for nearly 3 decades, your comment is without merit. If you paint every news outlet that is remotely critical or even simply skeptical of Tesla as 'not credible', you'll spend your life in a fan boy echo chamber.

Comments like yours would make anyone who hasn't read the article think it's some scathing attack on Tesla or Elon Musk. it's actually not - it simply says something we've all known for a while, which is Tesla could do with a very strong "nuts and bolts" COO who can oversee production, so Musk can focus on product development (quote from the Economist "He [Musk] is a brilliant product developer".

Additionally The Economist was practically the only publication to actually report that Musk had indeed agreed a plan with the Sovereign Wealth Fund, but did not have paperwork with bankers to back it up to the SEC. Almost no other serious publication said that.
Fallacious appeals to authority don't interest me. I never said they are completely devoid of reporting facts, but they do have an agenda and it doesn't correlate with Elon's humanitarian goals. Disagree away.

Absolutely not. He's repetitive, annoying, and paid-to-post. Frankly you're sus as well.
I don’t care if someone is paid to post. Valid or reasonable bear arguments should be of interest. SEC alarm bells could have let me increase my Tesla stock by 50%. This knee jerk crap filling up the site is destructive. When the Economist becomes a tool of FUD, it’s time for a nice ETF and therapy.
Ignore me, if holding since $30.47 through thick and thin is not bullish enough. I think being a strong bull requires in a willingness to step in some occasional bullsheet.

Not trying to single you out, but Tesla snowflakes are wasting page after page with their shadow boxing.

Because we are in the U.S. where free speech is guaranteed. So people can express opinions freely. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant. You are free to render your opposing view if the press will air or print it. Give it a try.

I am a huge free speech supporter. I worry, because it seems to be going away in these fits of PC. Idiots, criminals and racists should always be allowed to spew their nonsense. The internet has caused problems here, I think because of the inability of real news to differentiate itself anymore, and also the ability it provides for groups to organize, but that is another conversation.

Regarding Einhorn, is there ever a line to draw? He looks very respectable. Plays the part of a professional corporate executive. Is called on as a voice of authority by multiple so called news entities. As such, Einhorn is quick not to imply, but flat out unequivocally state that the entire enterprise that is Tesla is a criminal fraud. He compares it to past criminal frauds, like Enron.

Should he ever have to provide concrete evidence of this? Ever? Or is he allowed at some point to say, "Oh, yeah well guess I was wrong. My bad. Let me tell you about the next criminal enterprise I am shorting...". And if so, then why can't Musk do the same? Is the answer that Musk has responsibilities to shareholders and yet Einhorn does not, as long as he admits in the future that his so called calculations were wrong? Do intentions matter at all? Einhorn will freely admit he is trying to move the market. He is spewing what I believe will soon be revealed to be extreme lies that he has no evidence of any kind to corroborate. But free speech, so OK.

This makes no sense in the end. IMO, if you are called on to talk your book on national TV, you should be held to some sort of standard. It cannot be that any extreme lie you state as fact is acceptable in the name of free speech and your pocketbook. If nothing else, then the media that is giving you the platform has a responsibility to make you answer for what you say, when it is revealed that you are a liar. For example, in the future anytime you show your face for an interview, it will always be prefaced as to how you lied in the past.

Ah, I am just blowing air at this point.

Would love to see 3Q profit. Daily 5% hits are wearing to say the least.

What do you think GF5 would make? Saudi's don't think the Battery story is settled technology wise (ie., 10 other chemistries in development world-wide). They said as much in the same feed.

No, I think it's a solar contract on the biggest scale with Tesla. That way they aren't locked into a battery technology, only capability and Tesla would own the migration to something better in the future. But face it, a GF is just a really BFF, so it could make cars and solar panels too. But I'm with you on the Saudi partnership, along with the date you mention. (I don't want to hear a peep on their civil liberties - that argument was beat to death last week, please go back for that briefing).

And we'll call this theory Oliver's Twist ;)

Already a year ago PV contracts in that region went below 18 $/MWh (i.e. contract awarded to company agreeing to build and operate PV-plant for 25 years for that payment),
How is Saudi Arabia setting solar pricing records? Is it sustainable – repeatable?

How would Tesla compete in that market, when their solar roof targets a rather affluent market (like the original Tesla Roadster)?

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
AMZN has increased by a factor of 4x during the same time period.

I have the car and I'm all for saving the world but I also need to think of my own retirement. At some point I will need to cut my losses and abandon my stake in TSLA. Elon is welcome to keep tweeting all he wants, I'm waiting in theory through Q3 and maybe Q4 results and if nothing happens to SP it will be time to close my position and walk away.

I'm not running a charity and Elon has not shown he cares one bit about his investors and I'm tired on the dirty game being played to destroy the company. It's not fun and the last 2 years it never has been. I could have just quietly invested in evil instead and made 4x returns in the time good has yielded nothing. That's the bottom line, evil always wins because good is dumb. Just look at the Kavanaugh saga.

The day you sell TSLA is the day before it goes up 5 fold. Funny Spaceballs reference BTW.

Fred's talking last week. Vicki's talking the week after which starts tomorrow.

No contradiction here.
would like to nominate Christine Todd Whitman as the next Chairman (Chairwoman) of the board. Tesla success is critical to the health of the planet. Elon Musk is the creative force that got it this far, but it is his political enemies and his emotional intelligence that can take it down. He needs a politician. He needs someone who has a strong history fighting for the environment. He needs someone who was/or is a conservative and can cross the red/blue political line. He needs a strong leader that can navigate that.

Christine Todd Whitman would bring the kudos of women needed in high leadership. She was the head of the EPA when it still actually protected the environment. She was a Republican Governor in a traditionally blue state. She would be a great pick.

I believe she would have every skill Elon doesn't. I don't think she would be polarizing like Al Gore may be to conservatives. I another engineer or scientist they have Elon. They need the political savvy to protect Tesla from the serious enemies Elon is creating.

I hope the idea takes off. I'm planning on posting something similar on the Model 3 club forum and perhaps send the idea to the Tesla Times News guys.

I am a current long position stockholder, I am a model 3 owner. I believe climate change is real and a critical component to help us all is electric cars and Tesla is the company we need now more than ever.

Wondering what "strong" means...Say, if SP doesn't go up by much after Q3 and Elon says screw it, it's not worth to do all that market wants - and CAPEX goes up for Y, Semi, China etc. What kind of effect will this have on SP if cash reserves are on the low-ish side? I mean, what gives us an idea that Elon will be focused on SP as a primary concern?

What gives you the idea that Elon will say screw it?

Reactions: SpaceCash
Fallacious appeals to authority don't interest me. I never said they are completely devoid of reporting facts, but they do have an agenda and it doesn't correlate with Elon's humanitarian goals. Disagree away.
You need to touch base with Kruggerand. You both seem to think anyone with any criticism of Tesla has an "agenda". Interesting...

I can understand putting an author like me in that pot. But the Economist? But okay, I will bite. What is their agenda?

upload_2018-10-8_14-51-50.png
I don’t get it , how this tweet has no value, I definitely think judge thinks fine is too much, who is in weak position, not Elon it’s the SEC, just because he criticized SEC , they can’t do much.

Last edited:
I don’t care if someone is paid to post. Valid or reasonable bear arguments should be of interest. SEC alarm bells could have let me increase my Tesla stock by 50%. This knee jerk crap filling up the site is destructive. When the Economist becomes a tool of FUD, it’s time for a nice ETF and therapy.
Ignore me, if holding since $30.47 through thick and thin is not bullish enough. I think being a strong bull requires in a willingness to step in some occasional bullsheet.

Not trying to single you out, but Tesla snowflakes are wasting page after page with their shadow boxing.
If you don't care that people are being paid to post here by malicious entities, then your opinion is every bit as worthless as theirs. Gtfo my dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.