Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up 4 more shares at $250.00 today. Yesterday, I entertained several of our neighbors with test drives at our neighborhood block party ... one couple who had never been in an electric car is now looking at trading in their gen 2 Prius, possibly before the end of the year (they were in the market for a Subaru). On Friday, I gave one of my coworkers a test drive and it sounds like he's seriously thinking about trading in his BMW 5-series.
If this is your first buy not a bad price tho could move way lower before heading higher.

Reactions: Mobius484
I think its pretty safe to say that SP is not Elon's primary concern. He wants it better due to its use as employee compensation, but is primary concern has been execution. And I'm with him on that. If he says, "screw this proving we can show a profit, let's double down on capex and push everything out ASAP" I'm plenty happy with that. There is massive room for growth and the slower Tesla is the more the ankle biters will nip at their heels.

I say just get it over with and force a conversion to EV.

Agree that Elon is not driven by the SP*, but I do think he is driven to make Tesla a sustainable business. Outside of the balance sheet issues with a massive Capex and opex burn, the company is struggling with the current production/delivery rate of the Model 3 and would imagine they are still working on how to handle next year's target. Launching additional new product lines is gonna cause more breakage.

*The other thing to bear in mind is that while Elon is not SP driven, stock is significant piece of everyone's comp at Tesla. If the SP price stays depressed for too long, it will become a retention issue.

I think so too. So, it could very well be that dreams of SP shooting up after good numbers will not be realized for many quarters.
Therefore, short term optimism may be unwarranted.
Yep. Long or nothing. "If you don't like volatility" and all that.

(I'm not saying that I like the volatility, but I can stand it. This is a long term investment for me.)

The Economist (part of the Rothschild syndicate) is not credible and is happy to keep the world enslaved to the banker class.

For crying out loud - The Economist is one of the most credible publications, period, and has been extremely positive about Tesla in the past. I've been reading it for nearly 3 decades, your comment is without merit. If you paint every news outlet that is remotely critical or even simply skeptical of Tesla as 'not credible', you'll spend your life in a fan boy echo chamber.

Comments like yours would make anyone who hasn't read the article think it's some scathing attack on Tesla or Elon Musk. it's actually not - it simply says something we've all known for a while, which is Tesla could do with a very strong "nuts and bolts" COO who can oversee production, so Musk can focus on product development (quote from the Economist "He [Musk] is a brilliant product developer".

Additionally The Economist was practically the only publication to actually report that Musk had indeed agreed a plan with the Sovereign Wealth Fund, but did not have paperwork with bankers to back it up to the SEC. Almost no other serious publication said that.

Last edited:
Wow. You really are a conspiracy theorist. Well, you keep on reading my posts and you let us all know when my "agenda" is exposed. In the meantime, thanks for at least reading and not disagreeing to every post like SpaceCash.

Yeah, that approach isn’t going to work. As a long time poster (several years), I’ve been labeled a few things over the years, but conspiracy theorist isn’t actually one of them. On top of that, I’ve yet to be wrong about the intentions of those I’ve publicly called out.

And don’t thank me. I’m not doing anything for you, and the day is still young so I’ve got lots of time to add more disagrees.

Geez, so when we were at $265 back in 2014 the NASDAQ was at 4300. If the stock just kept pace with the NASDAQ since then we would almost be at $480 today. The good news is this stock has actually been so terrible for a 'tech' stock that we might see massive upwards price movement as financials improve. (Assuming us longs are right.)

Honestly at this point I think I'm not doing much except playing the earnings call. Too many other things moving stocks right now but I really think the earnings call will shock people.
AMZN has increased by a factor of 4x during the same time period.

I have the car and I'm all for saving the world but I also need to think of my own retirement. At some point I will need to cut my losses and abandon my stake in TSLA. Elon is welcome to keep tweeting all he wants, I'm waiting in theory through Q3 and maybe Q4 results and if nothing happens to SP it will be time to close my position and walk away.

I'm not running a charity and Elon has not shown he cares one bit about his investors and I'm tired on the dirty game being played to destroy the company. It's not fun and the last 2 years it never has been. I could have just quietly invested in evil instead and made 4x returns in the time good has yielded nothing. That's the bottom line, evil always wins because good is dumb. Just look at the Kavanaugh saga.

Exactly! And, why is not Einhorn's CNBC statement that "Tesla will end up like Lehman Brothers after Musk's deception is revealed" libelous? This is what I see every time I Google Tesla's stock price. :mad:
Because we are in the U.S. where free speech is guaranteed. So people can express opinions freely. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant. You are free to render your opposing view if the press will air or print it. Give it a try.

Agree that Elon is not driven by the SP*, but I do think he is driven to make Tesla a sustainable business. Outside of the balance sheet issues with a massive Capex and opex burn, the company is struggle with the current production/delivery rate of the Model 3 and would imagine they are still working on how to handle next year's target. Launching additional new product lines is gonna cause more breakage.

*The other thing to bear in mind is that while Elon is not SP driven, stock is significant piece of everyone's comp at Tesla. If the SP price stays depressed for too long, it will become a retention issue.

Yes. I don't think pushing fastest possible expansion right now is a good idea. For one, to do the fastest would require a money raise which right now would be quite difficult. For another it would drive them away from sustainable profitibility. What I'm trying to express is that if Elon decides to quite playing nice for the SP (perhaps because it isn't working) I'm okay with it. He's done an excellent job at growing the company and I trust him to continue doing so. So if he, with his knowledge of parameters we don't have access to, decides more expansion -- I'm all for that.

I'm 26 years old and from Istanbul. As I've repeated on my previous posts; I've put whatever I've made and put on the side to TSLA. Most of the extra money that I managed to put to aside was made by Tesla or EV related businesses. (I'm an EV/Tesla vlogger and community's founder in the country)

I bought in I think more than a month ago at 275$. Sold at 302$ to switch brokers. Luckily the SEC dip happened when I was still transferring the money between brokerages. Then I bought in again at 270$. It was all fun and games when agreeing with SEC pushed us all the way to 316. I didn't put a stop loss either since I am long but now it is starting to look worrisome.

I'm not going to need this money for at least 12 months so I don't care about short term. Even if I lose everything and TSLAQ really becomes a reality I don't care about losing my money on something I so deeply believe in. As long as it doesn't happen due to reckless behavior of Tesla's C level executives. (*cough* Elon)

People always criticize this 'cult' and I agree there are some edge cases here and there that make us look creepy but overall what sticks us together are these fantastic products and the vision we see. Tesla's mission of 'accelerating the advent to sustainable transport' is already complete. So we should focus on what Tesla's competitive advantages are. Elon always says what makes a company competitive is their pace of innovation. Protecting your leadership by patents, lawsuits or being the first to market is destined to fail. So I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeves in the coming days. Something tells me tricks the size/impact of old era might be over but we never know. Here's to hoping Tesla becoming the next VW, not next GM or Ford. (from the European POV of American cars)

I'm 26 years old and from Istanbul. As I've repeated on my previous posts; I've put whatever I've made and put on the side to TSLA. Most of the extra money that I managed to put to aside was made by Tesla or EV related businesses. (I'm an EV/Tesla vlogger and community's founder in the country)

I bought in I think more than a month ago at 275$. Sold at 302$ to switch brokers. Luckily the SEC dip happened when I was still transferring the money between brokerages. Then I bought in again at 270$. It was all fun and games when agreeing with SEC pushed us all the way to 316. I didn't put a stop loss either since I am long but now it is starting to look worrisome.

I'm not going to need this money for at least 12 months so I don't care about short term. Even if I lose everything and TSLAQ really becomes a reality I don't care about losing my money on something I so deeply believe in. As long as it doesn't happen due to reckless behavior of Tesla's C level executives. (*cough* Elon)

People always criticize this 'cult' and I agree there are some edge cases here and there that make us look creepy but overall what sticks us together are these fantastic products and the vision we see. Tesla's mission of 'accelerating the advent to sustainable transport' is already complete. So we should focus on what Tesla's competitive advantages are. Elon always says what makes a company competitive is their pace of innovation. Protecting your leadership by patents, lawsuits or being the first to market is destined to fail. So I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeves in the coming days. Something tells me tricks the size/impact of old era might be over but we never know. Here's to hoping Tesla becoming the next VW, not next GM or Ford. (from the European POV of American cars)

Pace of innovation YES, pace of tweets NO ;)

I maybe asking for trouble here but let me vouch for beachbum77 dispite of the fact I disagree with him all the time. It is important to hear the other side of the argument when it is presented in a calm and elaborative manner. he present the complete argument most of the time, unlike some troll who just repeat stupid sound bites.

No. Just no. He disingenuous. He’s just slicker and smarter about it. He is the quintessential used car salesman. He’s Saul Goodman.

Or if you really think he’s being honest with his presentation, then he’s not the brightest light on the Christmas tree.

Last edited:
Because we are in the U.S. where free speech is guaranteed. So people can express opinions freely. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant. You are free to render your opposing view if the press will air or print it. Give it a try.

Stating that Musk has deceived on the numbers isn't an opinion, it's a statement of fact. If that statement is objectively false, it's libelous.

Yeah, that approach isn’t going to work. As a long time poster (several years), I’ve been labeled a few things over the years, but conspiracy theorist isn’t actually one of them. On top of that, I’ve yet to be wrong about the intentions of those I’ve publicly called out.

And don’t thank me. I’m not doing anything for you, and the day is still young so I’ve got lots of time to add more disagrees.

But there is the possibility you give your cat Lysergic Acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.