Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 341981I don’t get it , how this tweet has no value, I definitely think judge thinks fine is too much, who is in weak position, not Elon it’s the SEC, just because he criticized SEC , they can’t do much.
It doesn't matter what you think it's what the market perceives and currently the market perceives TSLA is worth 250 and if Elon continues down this path the market may perceive a much lower value. What you or I think/hope is irrelevant.

Worth remembering the initial reaction here on this Forum on Thursday night after Elon mocked the SEC in a tweet. Many lomgs, myself included, were aghast. While many of us quickly put it behind us as Elon being Elon, I think many more casual investors saw it as the breaking point - you dont mock a policeman immediately after you made an agreement with him to treat you lightly for a previous transgression.

I have no idea if that means the weaker longs are all out after Friday and today - I just hope we have an end now to those tweets on that topic, and everyone can get back to focusing on the excellent fundamentals emerging.

I don’t care if someone is paid to post. Valid or reasonable bear arguments should be of interest. SEC alarm bells could have let me increase my Tesla stock by 50%. This knee jerk crap filling up the site is destructive. When the Economist becomes a tool of FUD, it’s time for a nice ETF and therapy.
Ignore me, if holding since $30.47 through thick and thin is not bullish enough. I think being a strong bull requires in a willingness to step in some occasional bullsheet.

Not trying to single you out, but Tesla snowflakes are wasting page after page with their shadow boxing.

You think it’s reasonable to argue that because some of the first Models Ss had drive unit or battery replacements that that somehow means the Model 3 doesn’t make sense as an Uber vehicle?!?!? That because one negligent Roadster owner needed to pay for a new battery and it was expensive that it’s not an economical decision to use a 3 for an Uber vehicle?!

He implied that Model 3s would need drive unit and battery replacements as soon as they ran out of warranty. Yes, he did. He’s always very clever leading people to connect dots that don’t in fact connect. Ignoring that Tesla has made continual improvements to drive units and batteries and has always stood behind their product.

He makes it appear he’s being reasonable and takes great care to measure his tone. Adds smiley faces to smooth his jabs.

Last edited:
would like to nominate Christine Todd Whitman as the next Chairman (Chairwoman) of the board. Tesla success is critical to the health of the planet. Elon Musk is the creative force that got it this far, but it is his political enemies and his emotional intelligence that can take it down. He needs a politician. He needs someone who has a strong history fighting for the environment. He needs someone who was/or is a conservative and can cross the red/blue political line. He needs a strong leader that can navigate that.

Christine Todd Whitman would bring the kudos of women needed in high leadership. She was the head of the EPA when it still actually protected the environment. She was a Republican Governor in a traditionally blue state. She would be a great pick.

I believe she would have every skill Elon doesn't. I don't think she would be polarizing like Al Gore may be to conservatives. I another engineer or scientist they have Elon. They need the political savvy to protect Tesla from the serious enemies Elon is creating.

I hope the idea takes off. I'm planning on posting something similar on the Model 3 club forum and perhaps send the idea to the Tesla Times News guys.

I am a current long position stockholder, I am a model 3 owner. I believe climate change is real and a critical component to help us all is electric cars and Tesla is the company we need now more than ever.

Are we talking about the same woman who as the head of the EPA unequivocally stated the air at Ground Zero was safe to breathe and that everyone should get back to work?

Have you lost your mind? That happens and I am history with all things Tesla.

I have faith that Musk and the BoD would do no such stupidity.

Those against $TSLA could just allow the macro to push it down, but once macros began to recover, then that start playing their games to keep it down We need a good Q3ER and other planets change this story.

On the other hand, no plans to sell for many years, so as long as the lower SP doesn't cause an issue, **** it!

The bigger you are investing in the future, the harder it is for the past to catch up.

The old car makers are doomed.
tumblr_o2z6xjNtZP1ur83cmo1_500.gif

BTW I know the fictional Bobby Axelrod is a criminal. It is just a funny GIF. No need for anyone to get their undies in a bunch.

I would like to nominate Christine Todd Whitman as the next Chairman (Chairwoman) of the board. Tesla success is critical to the health of the planet. Elon Musk is the creative force that got it this far, but it is his political enemies and his emotional intelligence that can take it down. He needs a politician. He needs someone who has a strong history fighting for the environment. He needs someone who was/or is a conservative and can cross the red/blue political line. He needs a strong leader that can navigate that.

Christine Todd Whitman would bring the kudos of women needed in high leadership. She was the head of the EPA when it still actually protected the environment. She was a Republican Governor in a traditionally blue state. She would be a great pick.

I believe she would have every skill Elon doesn't. I don't think she would be polarizing like Al Gore may be to conservatives. I another engineer or scientist they have Elon. They need the political savvy to protect Tesla from the serious enemies Elon is creating.

I hope the idea takes off. I'm planning on posting something similar on the Model 3 club forum and perhaps send the idea to the Tesla Times News guys.

I am a current long position stockholder, I am a model 3 owner. I believe climate change is real and a critical component to help us all is electric cars and Tesla is the company we need now more than ever.

Are we talking about the same woman who as the head of the EPA unequivocally stated the air at Ground Zero was safe to breathe and that everyone should get back to work?

Have you lost your mind? That happens and I am history with all things Tesla.

I have faith that Musk and the BoD would do no such stupidity.
you have someone else that you believe would be better?

Worth remembering the initial reaction here on this Forum on Thursday night after Elon mocked the SEC in a tweet. Many lomgs, myself included, were aghast. While many of us quickly put it behind us as Elon being Elon, I think many more casual investors saw it as the breaking point - you dont mock a policeman immediately after you made an agreement with him to treat you lightly for a previous transgression.

I have no idea if that means the weaker longs are all out after Friday and today - I just hope we have an end now to those tweets on that topic, and everyone can get back to focusing on the excellent fundamentals emerging.

I think it's mostly because part of the SEC agreement was for the Tesla board to monitor his tweets, and many thought that they would no longer have to worry about Elon's tweeting and he came out and made sure everyone knew that was not true. Many hoped that he finally got the message that twitter is by far a net negative for him, and the company.

Now many longs are reconsidering holding because Elon has a potential Tweet of Damocles hanging over the company. This price action isn't shorts shorting more,IMHO, it's longs dumping.

If Elon were to give his twitter account over to his brother Kimbal or just get rid of it all together, the stock would go up $30-50 tomorrow.

Twitter sucks. There are many people who go down the rabbit hole and destroy themselves on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.