Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we are past the psychological problem displayed here over the last week. Even here on a board of mega-longs, I see people cheering for a lower low so they can actually pull the trigger and buy. The shorts have successfully created this mentality. If the stock is at a price that will be super profitable in X months or years we should just throw some more money at it. Waiting is what the shorts want US to do.

Not all of us have unlimited funds. I know that I don't. It is risky, and very much against any reasonable financial advice, to go "all in" on a single investment. The situation I'm in is that most of my investment is already in $TSLA so it needs to be a really good buying opportunity in order to be worth the risk of having no diversification.

Besides which, I take it you've never heard of buy low and sell high? I mean, seriously, my money on $TSLA isn't a charity...

[edited to add: you also seem to be under the mistaken impression that small (or smaller!) retail investors have an impact on the stock price. Unless you are moving tens or hundreds of thousands of shares... yeah, not so much.]

Well, considering that FORD is dropping all their small cars, which get the best gas mileage, and now 95% of what their factories pump out will skew their average mpg a lot higher, won't they need more ZEV credits to get them back to the mandated CARB/CAFE average mpg?
Not if those standards are relaxed, as is the current "thinking" in Washington. Let's hope California prevails in this case.
Robin

Well, the inventory at IB of shares available for shorting went from 2.4 million last time I checked to 850,000 now. Possibly there are some new shorts since the stock is going back up or possibly this means next to nothing.
my guess is that it means nothing. The problem is using a proxy like that is weak evidence. Still, I'd be happy if we had short selling at this price. More pain for the shorts later :D

Probably some corrections after a massive oversell. I suspect we'll return to the 300 area assuming nothing more on the SEC front pops up.
This is my expectation as well. If the stock does climb, I think the shorts might actually want a pretty big climb going into earnings so they can sell it hard. If we are below $310, and certainly below $300, going into earnings, I think the stock is pretty likely to gap up on volume if the earnings are what I expect.

I hope we are past the psychological problem displayed here over the last week. Even here on a board of mega-longs, I see people cheering for a lower low so they can actually pull the trigger and buy. The shorts have successfully created this mentality. If the stock is at a price that will be super profitable in X months or years we should just throw some more money at it. Waiting is what the shorts want US to do.
Agreed. If you think the stock has a target of 400, buying at 260 vs 250 isn't a big difference in terms of profit.

I thought it was because it rhymed with “turd”...

And @Teslie is toxic - only posts when SP is in free-fall, on my ignore-list now...
Let me give a reminder. Don't feed the trolls. Once I recognize that someone is a troll I no longer reply to them. We can usually recognize them by the combination of being a fairly new member coupled with their extreme negativity. Of course some new members are negative because of ignorance of Tesla and TSLA history.

0B7F849D-02B3-415B-ABEF-A2BBDBB37C1D.jpeg

Not perfect but I’ll take it. Let’s see how things go from now until earnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.