Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3x unit count of Model 3 shifts some of the costs away from the S+X, further improving S+X gross margins due to fixed costs of shared facilities such as the paint shop shifting the cost accounting towards Model 3, and also better utilization of existing infrastructure.

I keep trying to get an insight on the magnitude of this. Do you have any ballpark estimates? I suspect it's fairly small (< 1k$ per unit) but even that's fairly significant.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
That's a nice pop already, but it did similar yesterday before the macros went blood-red...

However, $TSLA is incredibly underpriced right now and other than a little uncertainty over this SEC business, it's all positive news.

In case some of you don't know, Elon getting a lot of credit on Twitter in the last 24 hours for covering the cost of water filters for Flint residents and schools. So he came good on this promise. As he does on all his promises, actually, just don't bet too much on the timing...
Regarding the water thing, did you notice how several news articles didn't mention him by name in the title? In fact, it wasn't mentioned it was Musk until the 2nd paragraph. Seems they are trying to get around some of the robo-trades that might trigger if his name pops up.

it’s just a company trying to coax holders to surrender their shares to them at a given price. do you want to sell your tesla shares at $200?

these are non-DTCC offers, meaning they are not handled like a regular corporate action. they aren’t as regulated, and you have no central counterpart to share the risk with...

i’ve seen customers duped into these deals and they cant get their shares or money for month or more.

they are seeking 20,000 in total, not “per holder”
as fac checking said, they’re mini-tenders

done directly with agent (not at DTCC - depo trust clr corp)

not an advice, but i’d never get into one of these, even if the price was above mkt
I would change broker btw. or send a complain. Even better to do both.
It is very "inattentive" to transfer such offers to the customers without proper disclaimers or stickers.

I hope we are past the psychological problem displayed here over the last week. Even here on a board of mega-longs, I see people cheering for a lower low so they can actually pull the trigger and buy. The shorts have successfully created this mentality. If the stock is at a price that will be super profitable in X months or years we should just throw some more money at it. Waiting is what the shorts want US to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.