Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran Elon's settlement statement through Google Translator:

"This whole thing is a can of *sugar*, but I can't be bothered with it and the timing's band so
Haha I love this! Adding only a single sentence and worded like this, only referring to shareholder interest, clearly expressed he feels this is unjust but his hands are forced for the good of the investors. That sentence is the biggest FU anyone could give in a settlement while still technically agreeing to it.

Totally agree, Elon's response is so utterly dismissive it's incredible. In those few short words (no pun intended) he's saying he totally disagrees with the while business and just wants the SEC to FO and leave us alone.

Given the weakness of the SEC case - let's face it, there is no case whatsoever - and the totally suspect timing, I think it would be very difficult for them to come with another case based on production guidance.

But what do I know...?

Today in the news:

VW CEO Diess: "(..) if the Commission in Brussels succeed with their demand (...) the pace of change is almost not manageable (,,,) Then a quarter of all jobs in our plants will disappear." Thats about 100k Positions.

VW-Chef Diess droht mit Job-Kahlschlag

For context read post #47215 from yesterday

100k jobs in Germany is nothing compared to the millions that will be killed as a result of climate change.

So they're not helping at all, they should be already thinking how to transition this - obviously there'll be natural reduction in the work-force via retirement, etc., the rest need to be re-trained to other skills.

If one of these German companies were really smart then they should be talking to Tesla in order to offload one, or more, of their factories at a price that suits both parties, and transfer some of the workforce with it. Now that would be proactive.

I am stuck with my initial investment of 150 shares @ 350$ per share due to believe of Elon taking his company private and the incredible Q2 and Q3 results.

However, due to certain circumstances (Elon's tweeting), the share price is now barely above 250$ and I am suffering a 100$ loss on my investment per share.

I am really upset with Elon - any recommendations for me? I just want to get out without a loss - that's all. I do not care about Elon anymore after all he's done to himself, his company and all his shareholders (aka fans). This is incredible.

WOW you are in the right stock for the wrong reasons.
Other than a teeny tweet or two :rolleyes: nothing's really changed.
Can you ride the roller coaster out or were you planning a quick trade?

I am stuck with my initial investment of 150 shares @ 350$ per share due to believe of Elon taking his company private and the incredible Q2 and Q3 results.

However, due to certain circumstances (Elon's tweeting), the share price is now barely above 250$ and I am suffering a 100$ loss on my investment per share.

I am really upset with Elon - any recommendations for me? I just want to get out without a loss - that's all. I do not care about Elon anymore after all he's done to himself, his company and all his shareholders (aka fans). This is incredible.

Wish I had an extra 150 shares at ANY price.

TBH you don't sound like you were ever a fan. You've bought only for short term gain, you gambled and lost. As others have said either take the loss and learn from your greedy mistake or hold until SP rises, which it will.

Wish I had an extra 150 shares at ANY price.

TBH you don't sound like you were ever a fan. You've bought only for short term gain, you gambled and lost. As others have said either take the loss and learn from your greedy mistake or hold until SP rises, which it will.

If you wish you could have an extra 150 shares at any price, I have a special offer for you.

You can buy al my shares for 100'000$, how does this sound like? I will even personally deliver them to your broker (flying business class). I am sure we can find a bank who will give you a credit for the 100'000$.

I recomend:
Benjamin Graham’s The Intelligent Investor.
could help

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: dqd88 and humbaba
Al Gore would be excellent. Nobody would doubt his motivation to be chairman, and he is certainly independent. (Note: I read somewhere that Al Gore was mentioned as possbile chairman).
Just no. Al Gore is literally a meme of massive negative proportions. He was caught lying so many times one of the memes about the memes is that he makes layers of lies for his bed. Al Gore would not be good for the newscycle or stock price of Tesla. Also, I think having a 100% liar (or someone perceived as such) on the board is not healthy for a company trying to do real work. Morale of its employees would instantly drop and never recover.

I just finished reading @Papafox's article at A Field Guide To Potential Securities Violations By Tesla's Foes — In Depth | CleanTechnica. Great article.

I've seen literally tens of thousands of manipulations. I rarely document them. I often watch the tape, and sometimes I comment on them. Here's one of my recent comments made exactly after such a manipulation:

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

What is the exact timestamp of that message? One of the many horrible things TMC did was remove timestamps, but timestamps deliver vital information.

Anyway, I didn't document that ladder down. Am I supposed to? It's still in the tape. SEC could easily look it up and prosecute. But I haven't heard of them doing so.

Update: I've been investigating when that above post was made. Here are some screenshots that parameterize the timeline to be before 3:54AM Pacific Time:
Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 01.31.39.png Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 01.31.33.png

Update: I sent a query to NASDAQ for that information, but I don't know if they will respond or the best way to get a copy of that information. Does anybody know how to get Times and Sales information from NASDAQ or anywhere for research for a past event 8 days ago? Does anybody have a recording of the information (Times and Sales on TSLA, including time, exchange, price, size, ask, and bid)? October 3, 2018, between 4AM EDT and 6:54AM EDT.

Last edited:
I recomend:
Benjamin Graham’s The Intelligent Investor.
could help

Advise? You need to decide if you should get out now and consider the 15k in losses an education or if you are going to hang on and hope it goes back up.

I bought 150 shares in summer of 2015 for about 280. They dropped down to 190 or so by nov/dec 2016. I bought more. They shot up to 380 i held them and they have been up and down since.

So your options might be.

1 sell and eat your loss

2 hold and pretend you sold and ignore the swings

3 hold and watch the day to day swings and get a lesson in manic depressive mood swings.

But its only 15k.... Keep in the market and you will make and lose a lot more then 15k in the next decade. A lot more.

Advise? You need to decide if you should get out now and consider the 15k in losses an education or if you are going to hang on and hope it goes back up.

But its only 15k.... Keep in the market and you will make and lose a lot more then 15k in the next decade. A lot more.

I do not consider theses losses to have any educational purpose or help. I would do the same thing again in the future - when I do truly believe a CEO.

Only 15K? Speaking in % that is around 27.5%.

I bought 150 shares in summer of 2015 for about 280. They dropped down to 190 or so by nov/dec 2016. I bought more. They shot up to 380 i held them and they have been up and down since.

So your options might be.

1 sell and eat your loss

2 hold and pretend you sold and ignore the swings

3 hold and watch the day to day swings and get a lesson in manic depressive mood swings.

You forget flowing options:
4. Q3 ER will be epic
5. missing 10-20x SP increase in 10 years
6. you lost the job because your employer was squeezed
... :)

Al Gore rejects call to assume Elon Musk's role as Tesla chairman

BTW A few months ago an entertainment reporter asked Gore about his thoughts on Musk.

Gore said something to the effect it is not ok to trash this planet because the rich are going to colonize Mars.
Yeah, I think we have to be careful what we wish for. We don`t need someone who would constantly measure the size of their ... feet with Elon. Also an auto industry dinosaur could be a bad call.

As far as I understand this is mostly a ceremonial role, but it would be nice to have someone who is smart, shares the vision, has great financial understanding, the respect of many in the Tesla long community, understands the company and Elon very well. Someone who saw the potential way back before it was obvious. Yeah... i am just not sure Andrea James would take the job. :)

I do not consider theses losses to have any educational purpose or help. I would do the same thing again in the future - when I do truly believe a CEO.

Only 15K? Speaking in % that is around 27.5%.

You still have to decide or not. As in not to decide is to decide.

Did you not go through the great recession and the dot com bust? 27% or 15k don't sweat it. Worse things will happen.

And which book would help Elon? You think it was my fault believing in the CEO of the company you have also invested into?
I'm in the same boat as you. I added substantially to my position at 356, thinking that this was likely my last chance at making a profit on Tesla before quite possibly being forced out of my position by a go-private deal. But I knew the chance of the deal going through was less than 100%, and even if the deal didn't go through, I was prepared to hold the shares until the SP reached over 400 in 6-24 months.

I agree with Musks decision to terminate the go-private deal, as I would prefer to remain an investor in Tesla. And while the short-term noise has been painful, I appreciate Musks attempts at being transparent to retail investors. And I accept that no promises for any outcome were given by Musk, and he isn't accountable for my actions.

I didn't expect this decline, which completely defies logic and reason. Still, all an investor can ever do is invest to the best of ones abilities based on the available information. And sometimes you are correct and sometimes you are not correct.

If you wish you could have an extra 150 shares at any price, I have a special offer for you.

You can buy al my shares for 100'000$, how does this sound like? I will even personally deliver them to your broker (flying business class). I am sure we can find a bank who will give you a credit for the 100'000$.
We gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you are losing credibility quick...

Status
Not open for further replies.