Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree approximately. Followup questions

1) what is the plausibility of forcing eap as part of a bundle? E.g. sr -pup but only with eap
2) when exactly does lr -pup get released? Presumably before sr -pup but this config is a bit bothersome for production and service.

In terms of price change I'd wager they actually drop awd again once that bottleneck clears. They don't actually want to chase people away from that config and 6k$ is a pretty high price.

The VW CEO's insistence on higher CO₂ pollution on the day a record intense borderline Category 5 Hurricane Michael spun up in the record hot waters of the Gulf and devastated Panama City, Florida, is the ultimate "Let us commit mass murder for profits, or else!" argument ...

Here's some of the damage:

Twitter

WHAT ?
OUR Dear Leader cleared this up two years ago !
It's all fake. It's a collusion of the evil scientists.
And it's a Chinese plot !

A twitter thread I'm somewhat optimistic can make a real impact in dispelling several false narratives & intellectually disingenuous tactics we've seen for years,

vistacruiser7 on Twitter

first tweet of thread:

1/ Biggest False Narrative re $TSLA Investors: Started by Jim Cramer. Engaging in substantive discussion would not help Jim, so he pounded over & over "Tesla is a cult stock" & "you can't value the darn thing." 1) an ad hominem attack 2) analyst reports all have valuation models

10:09 PM - 10 Oct 2018

yep, that clown cramer is definitely part of the problem

Reactions: emorog and Unpilot
I am stuck with my initial investment of 150 shares @ 350$ per share due to believe of Elon taking his company private and the incredible Q2 and Q3 results.

However, due to certain circumstances (Elon's tweeting), the share price is now barely above 250$ and I am suffering a 100$ loss on my investment per share.

I am really upset with Elon - any recommendations for me? I just want to get out without a loss - that's all. I do not care about Elon anymore after all he's done to himself, his company and all his shareholders (aka fans). This is incredible.

So you really own no shares and here to needlessly complain about a self inflicted move. I say this because the only way you have suffered any loss is if you have sold your shares.

Or are you just trying to make a case for yourself to get a piece of,the SEC settlement?

In either case what you are saying is meaningless.

1) what is the plausibility of forcing eap as part of a bundle? E.g. sr -pup but only with eap
2) when exactly does lr -pup get released? Presumably before sr -pup but this config is a bit bothersome for production and service.

Dunno - I'm not sure Tesla is going to force-bundle software features.

Bundling hardware features is easy to justify with production efficiencies: non-PUP requires significant changes to the assembly process, etc.

Maybe they could justify the initial bundling of EAP with the presence of the AutoPilot hardware: it's a significant cost component of several thousand dollars that will only be profitable at higher volumes, so initial SR purchases would have to buy EAP. Since the EAP take-rate is over 80% currently this also wouldn't reduce demand significantly - it would specifically de-select the 20% who wouldn't purchase EAP and increase margins.

They could also sweeten the SR+EAP bundling deal with some extra SuperCharging credit included, of $500 or so. This would effectively be a small price reduction on EAP, in exchange for the bundling.

As to non-PUP - I'd expect it to be the final option to be unbundled, because:
  • it is a relatively high margin option,
  • it's quite complicated on the interior, which would affect major sections of Model 3 assembly lines so it probably has some capex side effects as well. So they'd effectively be spending millions to give up millions in profits...
  • the nice interior has important marketing effects: many Americans will experience the Model 3 for the first time in the next 12 months, and Tesla would want this to be a premium experience with a fantastic sound system, glass roof, premium interior, etc. etc. So the various network effects of referrals and mouth to mouth advertising depend on a core fleet of Model 3's being premium on the interior.
I'd only do it once they are otherwise near supply/demand equilibrium.

Last edited:
So as for the market... how low can we go today? I'm continuing on my trend of buying in ever-growing increments at $4 intervals, with today's first buy in the $244 range. It is, of course, also a trend of exposing myself a lot more than I'd like to to this stock and can't continue forever, but hey...

Of course, if the macros reverse, I may not get a chance to buy anything :Þ Which I suppose is a mixed blessing.

I would expect a small boost to the stock price once the deal is confirmed by the judge. Aka eliminating the fear that Musk or the SEC might back out of the deal, which was set in motion from his tweet.

FYI Soyuz Booster failure, crew survives emergency landing.

NASA on Twitter

DpOLuJoX4AEc7ud[1].jpg

Just no. Al Gore is literally a meme of massive negative proportions. He was caught lying so many times one of the memes about the memes is that he makes layers of lies for his bed. Al Gore would not be good for the newscycle or stock price of Tesla. Also, I think having a 100% liar (or someone perceived as such) on the board is not healthy for a company trying to do real work. Morale of its employees would instantly drop and never recover.
On the other hand, al gore invented the internet, and that is a great achievement.
He should claim the invention of the electric car too.

On the other hand, al gore invented the internet, and that is a great achievement.
He should claim the invention of the electric car too.
hehe..
one of my favorite moments of any debate (CNN w/ larry king) was when Ross Perot asked Al Gore "Do you guys ever do anything but propaganda?" ... "Would you even know the truth if you saw it?" Perot was a badass.

I assume this has been posted here already, and I'm a lazy git so I can't be bothered to comb through the 5+ pages since my last view of the thread...

But, this article: A Field Guide To Potential Securities Violations By Tesla's Foes — In Depth | CleanTechnica

Is ****ing top-notch, please, all of you read it.
and now re-tweeted by Elon! So 1, he read it and hopefully gets the longs` sentiment on his tweeting even if it was a subtle "you do your job we fight the FUD, ok?" (i fully agree with every word) and 2, this will now get to 22 million screens and possibly get MSM exposure as well.

I know I'll get some clapback for this but... TSLA should issue a dividend to shareholders in Q4.

This will flush out and account for all short shares, which would have to pay the dividend themselves.

I just want to see fireworks ok? Just one time. I don't even care if they issue a dividend again.

I think fireworks will be in order when BEVs have the majority of new car sales. Globally.

Bundling hardware features is easy to justify with production efficiencies: non-PUP requires significant changes to the assembly process, etc.

I'm not see the significant changes:
Different headliner, seats, and trim. Assembly wise, fairly identical. Body and paint lines need to be set up for the different roof panel, but that is (mostly) one time automation,..

So, the SEC position is detailed in 3 ½ pages. Tesla and EMs position is basically: "yeah, what they said; can we get on with stuff now?"

You just can't make this stuff up!

The response isn't even "what they said", it's "a settlement is best for the shareholders", no indication of whether this settlement is right and proper.

I am stuck with my initial investment of 150 shares @ 350$ per share due to believe of Elon taking his company private and the incredible Q2 and Q3 results.

However, due to certain circumstances (Elon's tweeting), the share price is now barely above 250$ and I am suffering a 100$ loss on my investment per share.

I am really upset with Elon - any recommendations for me? I just want to get out without a loss - that's all. I do not care about Elon anymore after all he's done to himself, his company and all his shareholders (aka fans). This is incredible.

pull up a 2 year chart and look at the roller coaster.
simplest answer;
just wait

Status
Not open for further replies.