Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA: someone name-calling the rest of the forum shouldn't be simultaneously complaining about being emotionally abused. It's not a great look.

Meanwhile, I haven't seen any lemurs, yet we move one trading day closer to Q3 report. I'll take it.

Not the rest of the forum, just a dozen or so Vigilantes: long-time members, never see negative with the company or management, heavily criticize the ones who do, keeping to the same emotional abuse playbook. I have *in fact* seen one refer to it as “emotional warfare.” They see it as a crusade for a greater cause with the end justifying the means. I disagree.

VA seems a bit confused on the emotional abuse thing. It's just status games and this *is* an echo chamber and people behave with false confidence and poor tact when they know they are defending forum dogmatic positions (the 'funny' thing is particularly obnoxious). This is all fine as long as everyone winks and knows it and takes the useful information and arguments provided with a grain of salt, as well as takes responsibility for their investment decisions. If you are looking for platonic seeking of truth you have come to the wrong place.
Yeah I don't think this is the forum to debate emotional abuse. Anywhere on the internet is not the place. That's best done in person and preferably with a mediator in the room.

"If you are looking for platonic seeking of truth you have come to the wrong place."

I hope, whether platonic or not, that this is a place to seek truth.

They usually claim that's Tesla\Elon's fault, but my impression, and a few admit it even, that it's because of Tesla fans behaving poorly when they tried to bring up something negative

There are two sides to that. Much of that reaction is because Tesla has been subject to an insane amount of unwarranted(or false) negativity in the past. Between wompy wheels, Tesla’s supposed fire risks and every. single. accident. a Tesla gets in making international front page news, at some point people start with the assumption that any new negativity is probably BS.

I’m sure the SEC is preparing subpoenas as we speak.
Devaluing ones word is worth more than your joke implies you think it’s worth.

My goal was 1000 shares but the 826 I have will be sold tomorrow if I’m lied to again.

I’m not investing in somebody I cannot trust.

When the ceo of a now 40billion dollar company cannot keep a 24 hour commitment I’m out.
What was his 24 hour commitment?

What was his 24 hour commitment?

Tomorrow brings a lemur

You’ll see

I don’t need a SP moving act, I need the dude to be reliable. If he says something is being shown tomorrow, then that should happen.

If it’s a new product, fine.

If it’s a just his new personal mousepad, fine.

But the dude has until the end of the day to not be a liar.

I know he’s up against it and I know what he’s doing is impossibly hard but I’m investing with somebody who will tell me how it is, not how he wants it to be despite how it is. It’s been shaky ground for awhile, and this is my last straw. I still hope he makes it, just won’t profit or lose during the event.

I volunteer to take on moderating / cleaning up this thread IF the powers-that-be are ok with me simply deleting every post in this thread that isn't related to market action, TSLA, or Tesla.

100% serious. This used to be a valuable resource. Now it's a chore to spend time wading through pages and pages to find some informative posts.

Hell, you could just take the Thanos approach and odds are pretty good for an improvement.

Reactions: Drumheller
Tomorrow brings a lemur

You’ll see

I don’t need a SP moving act, I need the dude to be reliable. If he says something is being shown tomorrow, then that should happen.

I know he’s up against it and I know what he’s doing is impossibly hard but I’m investing with somebody who will tell me how it is, not how he wants it to be despite how it is. It’s been shaky ground for awhile, and this is my last straw. I still hope he makes it, just won’t profit or lose during the event.
can't tell if you're being serious

Then what is this forum? I'm fairly new here so I don't want assume and would like to hear from the veterans

I’m sure it’s a bit different for everyone, but as long as money is involved it’s not a friendly table in a quiet cafe (in general).

What this forum is for sure, is THE place to get the most accurate and detailed information about all things Elon/Tesla/related.

After that it’s whatever you make of it for yourself.

Tomorrow brings a lemur

You’ll see

Steady-on, Tiger. Elon said “Tomorrow”, which is, unless he Tweeted at 23:59:59, always more than 24 hours.

So what local time did he Tweet? Showed as 7:06 CET, is SoCal 8 hours behind, was he Tweeting from SoCal? What if.he was in NYC?

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: dqd88 and SpaceCash
(...) Not long after it was revealed that Tesla had sealed the deal to acquire an 864,885-square meter plot of land in Shanghai’s Lingang area, reports have emerged from Chinese media stating that local banks have signed low-interest loan agreements with the electric car maker. (...)

The report, published by Chinese media, cited sources familiar with Tesla’s ongoing initiatives, who noted that a number of banks in Shanghai are already preparing to help fund the construction of Gigafactory 3. (...)

stating that the initial vehicle production line in Gigafactory 3 would be designed to manufacture the Model 3. Gigafactory’s vehicle production capabilities will include the final assembly of Model S and Model X vehicles as well,(...)

Tesla Gigafactory 3 moves forward with loan agreements from Shanghai banks: report

Love the low interest part!

Then what is this forum? I'm fairly new here so I don't want assume and would like to hear from the veterans

Echo chamber. There is some, sporadic useful discussion, but you have to exactly know whom to follow, while also watching out for propaganda machines. The more substantive discussions happen in sub-threads, and rarely on Market Action/General investor threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.