Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(this is my favourite procastination device).

Big same.

Ok on topic, today's action effing sucked. I'm going to KEEP buying OOTM calls (August 19 only henceforth, Feb is getting too close) until we get the pop. If bears can still control the narrative after profitability I'll probably cry about it and just keep buying calls.

But the market is closed. So now it's happy hour

Let's consider the people that are busy enough to not easily have hours to spend catching up on this thread. For example, someone in their 40s that has a busy career, kids at home, a spouse, tries to have a social life, and tries to use this thread to keep up on things related to TSLA. That person may have 15 minutes to spare in the morning while eating breakfast to read this thread. Perhaps they might squeeze in 15 minutes in the evening after the kids go to bed.

The after market free-for-all discussion creates a bunch of replies that person has to go through looking for detailed / useful information.

I'll drop it after this post. I've said my opinion. I wish people would correctly use forum software features. Other parts of this forum do that. There are threads dedicated to specific topics.

I come here more for the breaking of news/stories for Tesla as I know the activity/participation is high in this thread and try to make my own assessments. I don't care that the opinions are biased/slanted towards longs - I don't use those in making trading/investing decisions. I also follow many $TSLA bears on Twitter as they will also break news (especially if negative) very quickly.

Seeking Alpha I tend to avoid in general due to the twisting of fiction/opinions into facts.
Same here.
I used to follow a bunch of bears on twitter in the name of gathering information from "both sides". But it got too depressing. Too many of the bears are frankly sociopathic, and just flat out bizarre. I've tried to identify the ones who are more objective in their analysis; there seem to be very few.

I like to understand both sides. It's super interesting how there can be so much polarization given the same information. There are many reasons for it (as there are many "shades" of belief on Tesla from both sides)... but largely I've boiled it down to - the bears harp on the debt and "cash crunch", and don't do much sales projecting; whereas the bulls focus on the latter, see high growth (and view debt as an investment leading to the growth).

Let's consider the people that are busy enough to not easily have hours to spend catching up on this thread. For example, someone in their 40s that has a busy career, kids at home, a spouse, tries to have a social life, and tries to use this thread to keep up on things related to TSLA. That person may have 15 minutes to spare in the morning while eating breakfast to read this thread. Perhaps they might squeeze in 15 minutes in the evening after the kids go to bed.

The after market free-for-all discussion creates a bunch of replies that person has to go through looking for detailed / useful information.

I'll drop it after this post. I've said my opinion. I wish people would correctly use forum software features. Other parts of this forum do that. There are threads dedicated to specific topics.

Believe me, if anything meaningful happens after-hours, it's not going to elicit silence and disappear in a bunch of random posts about #LemurGate

Topics drift precisely because there's nothing going on.

I don't disagree. I'm new here and just going w/ the flow. It's like when you see the speed limit sign, BUT everyone else is going like 10 miles faster.... what do you do? Yell at everyone to slow down?

Software limits not a vote of confidence...

Attachments

• C71A84A5-0198-427F-8C8A-90FE30E55F25.png
    C71A84A5-0198-427F-8C8A-90FE30E55F25.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 83

Hell I spend all day on this forum...and I cant keep up. I try my best as my robot overlords have programmed me to.

I just wish I did not have to do it through a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.