Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to brace ourselves for some "Model 3 in the cold weather" FUD. If Elon is listening - you need to get ahead of this somehow. An early acknowledgement and vague improvement is in work would help a lot.

It's not FUD if it's true. More than happy to give Tesla feedback, if they would ask. They're not asking.

Really surprised we're not flirting with a fresh ATH this week, institutional money must really be spooked by rates and macros.

The quiet announcement of major cuts to residential solar pricing @ Tesla should be taken as a massive bull signal to TSLA longs. Management identifying the traditional sales process as our main source of headaches and cost(and actually doing something about it) is a great sign they understand the marketplace.

Comprehensive "Tesla-as-a-service" products are up next and that's when Elon's vision really takes over. With TSLA able to deliver the best solar/EV/storage products at an untouchable price point, we should definitely see that long talked about 3-5 year period of exclusivity in both top quality EVs and home energy. Should be some money in that.

It's not FUD if it's true. More than happy to give Tesla feedback, if they would ask. They're not asking.

What, that the door handle can freeze over in freezing rain? Yeah, the same applies to any car. The difference being that you can preheat a Model 3...

Obviously they need to fix the winter tires / regen issue. But I have no doubts that they will, it seems pretty straightforward.

There are plenty of cases, in Twitter for example, of Model 3 owners in Canada that do not have any issues with door handles freezing nor windows getting stuck. But none of them washed the car and left it to dry in the cold so that ice would form behind the door handles either... So it may be a problem, but it's totally not a generalized problem.
Also, the problem of a vehicle being covered in ice has been general and has existed for all kind of vehicles or things left in the snow, for centuries, so it's clearly FUD.

What, that the door handle can freeze over in freezing rain? Yeah, the same applies to any car. The difference being that you can preheat a Model 3 to thaw it...
Yeah this seems to be a problem for all cars...(sticking windows door handles in freezing rain)...but once you get in a Tesla it is warm and you don't have to worry about it starting.

What, that the door handle can freeze over in freezing rain? Yeah, the same applies to any car. The difference being that you can preheat a Model 3...

Obviously they need to fix the winter tires / regen issue. But I have no doubts that they will, it seems pretty straightforward.

Supposedly the difference is how you open it. Easier to break ice pulling the handle with your whole hand vs pushing with your thumb. But I’m in California so this is all foreign to me.

• Love
Reactions: neroden

Yeah, and there are many more. But please don't dismiss user reports of problems as "FUD", or that there are simple workarounds to all of them. The forums will be full of user reports of problems for quite a while. Winter is coming.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and wipster
An example of a Model 3 partially covered in Ice, there is little difficulty opening the doors. There is no visible ice formations behind the door handles. Jump to 4:39 for the relevant part.
So that one blogger that decided to make a video and try to spread it as a wild problem is in my opinion just doing it for the clicks, which is classified as FUD.

This definitely beats HELOK ;)

I recall VA saying almost 2 yrs back that she/he was selling the house ...

Probably a good time to sell house.

But putting it all in tesla is insane. If house isbconservatively VA's 20% net worth. Adding 20% more to tesla holding in exchange for shelter is useless.

An example of a Model 3 partially covered in Ice, there is little difficulty opening the doors. There is no visible ice formations behind the door handles. Jump to 4:39 for the relevant part.
So that one blogger that decided to make a video and try to spread it as a wild problem is in my opinion just doing it for the clicks, which is classified as FUD.
Fred is a whiny, spoiled baby. Luckily market is finally immunized to FUD these days

Probably a good time to sell house.

But putting it all in tesla is insane. If house isbconservatively VA's 20% net worth. Adding 20% more to tesla holding in exchange for shelter is useless.

Yeah that's insanity. I plan to buy a house with my TSLA earnings. Not the reverse

Retest of 350 as lower resistance looks like it was solidly rejected. I do hope we stay healthily above 350 today

All the problems fred mentioned are non problems. As someone who lived in quebec before... Who opens their window in the winter.

Then we all know that if the car handle or keyhole gets jammed by ice. Pour hot water from your thermos on the handle and wipe with rag or shirt sleeve. He definitely doesn't sound like a winter hardened quebequois.

All the problems fred mentioned are non problems. As someone who lived in quebec before... Who opens their window in the winter.

Then we all know that if the car handle or keyhole gets jammed by ice. Pour hot water from your thermos on the handle and wipe with rag or shirt sleeve. He definitely doesn't sound like a winter hardened quebequois.
If a pothead knows what to do in the winter...what does that say about Fred?

Status
Not open for further replies.