Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how he uses, as his profile picture, a photo of him standing in the middle of his burning investments and grinning as if nothing is wrong, while someone in a Tesla behind him desperately tries to rescue him from the flames.
Ok that is really funny. I hadn't actually looked close at the pic before.

Dude is out to lunch in a big way

GAeD6qQo_400x400.jpg

Option_sniper just tweeted the following:

"some may ask why here, why this level. coz now $SPX $COMP around weekly chart cloud bottom. IF break through down, means mkt 99% chance into bearish trend for long term. so now is the level big $$ should have poured in (but not seeing it). be alerted. be prepared. be careful"

This makes be a little bit afraid that we might not see a new ATH before EOY.

Reactions: neroden
Gone, all those share buying opportunities...

There was one burned Model 3 for sale from a scrapyard, which the shorts were sharing amongst themselves. But the mileage on the vehicle was "1" and the scrapyard was in Fremont, so it looks like a factory accident. The most severe damage was on the front end, not in the cabin, so it's not even clear that the pack burned at all (if it did, it must have vented most of its energy out front).

Thusfar, there've been apparently no fires and no fatalities in customer Model 3s. I have trouble finding cases of even life-threatening injuries in them, despite some very serious accidents. Bloody impressive, this car's safety.

Option_sniper just tweeted the following: **************

This makes be a little bit afraid that we might not see a new ATH before EOY.

I don't really care if we get it by eoy. I just buy more calls every two weeks and basically adjust my outlook and expectations in real time. Still holding feb and aug calls, and now Jan 2020s

TSLA just feels like the most promising place to leverage my cash. I won't whine if sp never takes off over coming months, but I will be surprised if my thesis turns out to be wrong.

Mr. Keatle? Meet Mr. Black:

Well I firstly have to congratulate Bob Nutz on actually making sense for once, although none of what he said was rocket-science.

Most importantly, he managed to talk for nearly 5 minutes without dissing Tesla, and a few weeks ago I'd bet my balls that CNBC would have slipped a Tesla question in there, just to allow Bob to go off on a graveyard rant.

So I think this further evidence of the major shift in sentiment.

He was talking about "CEO disease" while commenting on Carlos Ghosn's demise.

To Bob Lutz's defense, I think Bob is much better at just being purely stupid.

I actually think Bob is very intelligent and I would take too seriously half the things he says. I like him as a character too, I think he'd be a good laugh to have some beers with.

My god, what have I written?

Trump though, is a cretin.

A confession,

I'm driving a Renault, diesel, the worst kind. It is now 4 years old. When I bought it I was also considering to buy a Leaf. I drive approx 120km daily and under winter pressure I could have a range problem, so I bought Renault. I bought the most efficient motor (lower consumption) that I could at that time. I was pleased with Renault because they were innovators. They created many car segments. They also invested 5B in EVs very early and they created the Leaf and Zoe. They were in parallel with Tesla. What happened after? Not much.
They increased Zoe's range, new Leaf came up. They shank in average of ICE world and now Ghosn. I'm disappointed.

I'm buying TSLA and you don't have to guess what I will do with my car.

I kept waiting for Hillary Clinton to pounce on climate change. She seemed fearful of the topic. On one level I blame H. Clinton for being a coward, but ultimately you have to blame the oil industry for their relentlessly successful attacks on climate science and a public with limited science comprehension. Had Clinton been less of a coward, at least she might have lost with dignity.

Public opinion has swung in Australia. It's now political suicide to play the denialist or even be pro-coal. A recent by-election in the seat of Wentworth proved it. Keep educating. The US will swing too. It's the Tesla effect.

That turned-around very quickly, no? I guess we can thank Tesla, at least partly, thanks to the battery-pack installation that got so much attention.

And how does this work with your PM, he's the guy that brought a lump of coal into your parliament a few years back, no?

Brought this up before, but now with so many 3s on the road, has anyone heard of a fire of any kind with battery pack? Because for me the answer is no. Which Is amazing.

In order to understand the danger of cars catching fire we should compare how many ICEs burn versus a Tesla.

Would be great to have statistically relevant data about two large enough and similar user groups to show to all people who are still confused from the FUD.

That would be a really nice graph to look at. Does anybody have that data and did the work?

That turned-around very quickly, no? I guess we can thank Tesla, at least partly, thanks to the battery-pack installation that got so much attention.

And how does this work with your PM, he's the guy that brought a lump of coal into your parliament a few years back, no?

The disposal of our prime minister, just as he was pushing energy legislation through (the NEG), raised suspicions and just generally gut up everyone's goat. There's also a prolonged drought. We can also see the run of freaky, now standard, weather hitting around the world. Add the Tesla effect, stir.

Also, a shout out to Swedish 15 yr old Greta Thunberg who has inspired our school students to start striking.

Expecting Scott Morrison to be gone by about the time the model 3 hits our shores.

The disposal of our prime minister, just as he was pushing energy legislation through (the NEG), raised suspicions and just generally gut up everyone's goat. There's also a prolonged drought. We can also see the run of freaky, now standard, weather hitting around the world. Add the Tesla effect, stir.

Also, a shout out to Swedish 15 yr old Greta Thunberg who has inspired our school students to start striking.

Yes, she's amazing, I follow her on Twitter

What's your timeframe for expecting movement with each of them?

I'm long on $TSLA, looking for > 10x current price - won't touch my core account

$NVDA, just looking for a quick win. It could easily go up 50% in short term from here, I think, I'd then sell and rebuy my $TSLA back.

Damn, I can't trade in pre-market until 14:00 local time - 90 minutes before opening bell...

Status
Not open for further replies.