Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSN 1050 on TuneIn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The month they had it must have coincided with when I got the car. Having never used HD radio before I searched online and found press releases indicating Bell Media announced it back in July 2017. I thought they had been up since then.
CHUM FM and CKFM went HD in July 2017 for approx. a month until the fire at the CN tower. Resumed HD in late May 2018.

• Informative
Reactions: Bandit
Hey all,

Fan 590 AM works fine so was wondering if others are having the same issue specific to 1050AM?

I noticed that I can not listen to a Blue Jays game on 590 AM (Sportsnet 590 The Fan). When I game comes on, I get CBS Sports radio instead (due to blackout restrictions with streaming). How does one listen to a Blue Jays game live in the M3 ?

I noticed that I can not listen to a Blue Jays game on 590 AM (Sportsnet 590 The Fan). When I game comes on, I get CBS Sports radio instead (due to blackout restrictions with streaming). How does one listen to a Blue Jays game live in the M3 ?
You could pay for a tunein membership and login via your car - I believe that would allow the MLB streaming then.

No AM radio - so nothing over the air.

Did Tesla get back to you. It is a pain not to be able to get to these stations!

I replied to my original support ticket with my findings about wifi vs cellular and a link to here as well, but haven't heard back. Right now my hunch would be that this is on Bell Media more than Tesla, and I don't have any contacts (nor can find any) for radio engineering. Well, other than maybe spamming on LinkedIn, which I haven't done yet.

To access these stations on Tunein, Tesla would have to hardcode a Canadian profile in our Tunein app. For copyright reasons, Canadian radio stations are supposed to be blocked on the Tunein US profile although many other stations are not. Tunein picks those stations up for free and has no relationship and does not share any revenues with the station owners.

We spoke to the station engineer at CHUM FM. Bell Media decided recently to switch off the HD signal (perhaps to save money?). Have sent emails to the programming directors for CHUM FM, Newstalk 1010 and TSN 1050 advising them we can no longer listen to their 1010 and 1050 stations that were on HD2 and HD3. Maybe other members on here could do the same. The more disgruntled Tesla owners, the better. Here are the email addresses: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Let them know their competitors Rogers and Corus have their main Toronto AM stations on HD so why not Bell? And that they are losing out on thousands of potential Tesla listeners.

To access these stations on Tunein, Tesla would have to hardcode a Canadian profile in our Tunein app. For copyright reasons, Canadian radio stations are supposed to be blocked on the Tunein US profile although many other stations are not. Tunein picks those stations up for free and has no relationship and does not share any revenues with the station owners.
I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't tried to simply log in to TuneIn with my own ID. Anybody else tried that? Maybe that will do it.

The HD Radio issue is mind-boggling if they actually did just change their mind. Why invest in the equipment and engineering time to shut it down? Thanks for the Bell Media contacts, will make use of them.

I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't tried to simply log in to TuneIn with my own ID. Anybody else tried that? Maybe that will do it.

The HD Radio issue is mind-boggling if they actually did just change their mind. Why invest in the equipment and engineering time to shut it down? Thanks for the Bell Media contacts, will make use of them.
I am 99% sure I'm logged into tunein with my ID in the car and still experience the problem. I will validate that tonight on the drive home.

I spoke to Sarah Cummings ([email protected]) today at CHUM FM. She said they switched off the HD carrier as some people with non HD radios were complaining of poor sound and I was one of the few that wanted the HD back. She said she'd like to hear from Tesla owners and will forward all emails to management and if enough of us complain, they may decide to broadcast again in HD giving us back TSN 1050 and Newstalk 1010.

• Informative
Reactions: yyzunderdog
I spoke to Sarah Cummings ([email protected]) today at CHUM FM. She said they switched off the HD carrier as some people with non HD radios were complaining of poor sound and I was one of the few that wanted the HD back. She said she'd like to hear from Tesla owners and will forward all emails to management and if enough of us complain, they may decide to broadcast again in HD giving us back TSN 1050 and Newstalk 1010.
Sent an email!

Also sent. Thanks

I was just in the car and noticed the HD symbol next to chum again, tried to see if I could get the other 2 and they worked. So it seems they are broadcasting in HD again, or trial run today perhaps?

Reactions: yyzunderdog
I was just in the car and noticed the HD symbol next to chum again, tried to see if I could get the other 2 and they worked. So it seems they are broadcasting in HD again, or trial run today perhaps?
I got this reply... (I was the one who called it a first world problem btw)

<BOM>
Thanks for reaching out to our team, we’re thankful for the feedback (even if it seems like a First World problem)! Unfortunately, TSN 1050 is currently not available on HD Radio but it’s something we’re working to resolve.

The station is currently geo-blocked for Canadian listeners only because of the FIFA World Cup, but as you’re trying to listen in Canada, this shouldn’t be the root of the issue.
<EOM>

So maybe this is temp with the world cup only?

Went outside and checked - CHUM has it's normal station in HD and newstalk 1010. No TSN 1050 atm

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_2015.jpg
    IMG_2015.jpg
    922.6 KB · Views: 92