Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportline 19 x 8.5 Wheels on the Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to all for valued inputs here on TSVs and especially RoBoRat(excellent description on wheel fit dimensions) & Brinox().
TSportline TSV 19x8.5 with 35offset fits perfectly on LongRange Y. I have replaced Gemini's with TSV's and used same tire. Wheels are more beautiful than the pictures. More curb protection with slight tire bulge due to 1inch skinnier wheel and Factory 255/45/R19 fits perfectly and look good on TSVs.
Raghu,

This is exactly what I want to do. I've been scanning the threads looking for someone who has done this - what are your thoughts since you've had the TSV 19x8.5s on for a while? Are they working well? Finally, how is the curb rash protection? I wasn't sure if this was overstated since it is a very small amount of tire that juts out.

Raghu,

This is exactly what I want to do. I've been scanning the threads looking for someone who has done this - what are your thoughts since you've had the TSV 19x8.5s on for a while? Are they working well? Finally, how is the curb rash protection? I wasn't sure if this was overstated since it is a very small amount of tire that juts out.
I've had my TSVs in 19x8.5 for two and a half years now, and wouldn't change a thing on them. They're excellent for curb rash protection with the stock tire sizing and definitely give you enough warning feedback. I don't have any curb rash on my TSVs.

I also don't feel like my tires stick out at all. They're simply a perfect bolt on replacement.

For the record though, I'm driving a Model Y Performance...

Reactions: Noflash
I've had my TSVs in 19x8.5 for two and a half years now, and wouldn't change a thing on them. They're excellent for curb rash protection with the stock tire sizing and definitely give you enough warning feedback. I don't have any curb rash on my TSVs.

I also don't feel like my tires stick out at all. They're simply a perfect bolt on replacement.

For the record though, I'm driving a Model Y Performance...
Getting ready to order some M3 TSVs for my wife's MYLR. Still no issues, right? :)

TSV 19" Tesla Model 3 Wheel (Set of 4)

Also, we're wrapping her white MYLR in matte PPF. I think the white matte goes with the Satin Black TSVs. It seems like a middle ground between matte and gloss. Opinions?

Getting ready to order some M3 TSVs for my wife's MYLR. Still no issues, right? :)

TSV 19" Tesla Model 3 Wheel (Set of 4)

Also, we're wrapping her white MYLR in matte PPF. I think the white matte goes with the Satin Black TSVs. It seems like a middle ground between matte and gloss. Opinions?
Absolutely no issues with my M3 TSVs on my MYP. They're purely fantastic compared to the Uberturbines...

• Helpful
255/45-19 CC2 on 19x8.5 TSVs
PXL_20231019_232702781.jpg

Quick car wash after Discount Tire left weirdness on the center cap:
PXL_20231019_232709019.jpg

Nice curb protection:
PXL_20231019_232717510.jpg

Thinking about getting another set in gray for the matte blue MYP:
PXL_20231019_235233035.jpg

This is my first time going aftermarket wheels and I just wanted to double check with ya'll here.

I've got a 2023 MY LR with Gemini wheels and Michelin pilot sport all season tires (255 /45 R19 104Y XL BSW)

I want to use the Tsportline TSR 19' (TSR 19" Tesla Model Y Wheel (Set of 4))

I should go for the 8.5' right? The michelin pilot page says
RIM WIDTH RANGE7.5" - 10.0"

So 19x8.5 should work?
Well, I guess they finally caved and started offering the 8.5 for the Y. I had to buy M3 wheels to get the 8.5.

You should have no problem, especially since they are saying they fit the Y now.

Edit: Looks like the alternate size hasn't trickled to the MY Deal's page. While they don't have TSR, there are some good deals on M3 page. That's where I bought my TSVs from. Though don't buy the wheel/tire packages and know the Black Friday sale probably won't apply.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragoon9988
So what about TSportline's 20" offerings? While they updated the option for the Model Y 19"s so you can get 19x9.5" or 19x8.5", they didn't do the same for the 20"s. They only offer 20x10" for the Model Y. They offer 20x8.5" for the Model 3. Anyone use those on the Model Y to get more rim protection?

TSportline does offer 275/40-20 tires on the 20x10" wheels, but from what I can tell it doesn't really offer that much rim protection as it does on the OE 20x9.5" rims. Also, to consider is Tesla denying warranty claims on the wider than stock tires/wheels. I presume they wouldn't deny on a skinnier wheel with stock tires. I could be wrong.

I've had many different size wheels from 8.5" wide to 10" wide. It's been written before that Tesla uses wide wheels for efficiency (keeping the tire more rigid may help or something). In my experience, it feels like the narrower wheels have a more squishy roll-over feel when the car turns or goes side to side. Did not like 8.5" wide wheels at all.

There has to be a big difference in tire width to wheel width to really insulate the wheel from curbs. Even with some amount of cushion, the wheel will still contact at a big enough impact. To me, sizing the tire and wheel for "rim protection" is a fool's errand and not worth the trade off. Tesla owners is the first car community where I've ever heard this actually be a thing with a ridiculous amount of curbage complaints.