Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn LTE off when parked underground?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, is there a way to turn LTE off when the car is parked underground and there's no LTE signal? The issue I run into is that I park the car at night in my apartment complex underground parking (2 levels down) with no cell signal, and when I come out of the garage the next morning, it takes 30+ minutes for the car to get a signal. As I need LTE for traffic info and music streaming, I usually do a soft reset ASAP so that the car looks for an LTE connection again but that doesn't seem optimal (and borderline dangerous / distracting). So is there a way to turn off LTE, kind of like Airplane mode for a smart phone? And turn LTE back on in the morning?

Thanks for your insights!

• Informative
Reactions: JQS3
Apparently LTE turns off with a Wi-Fi connection. It doesn't sound like you get Wi-Fi underground either, but maybe you can try connecting to a hotspot, even if that doesn't have internet. You could try disconnecting your hotspot when you pull out of the garage and hope that prompts the car to reconnect to LTE.