Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up our dual motor M3 yesterday in Minneapolis and have been very happy with it. The only issue/defect I have noticed is there is something wrong with the turn signal stalk.

Taking right turns or turning on the right turn signal works fine. Short press gives three blinks, hard press gives continuous right signal that turns off after a right turn.

Taking left turns is where the problems at. Short press gives continuous left signal (no three blinks) and hard press doesn't do anything different. After completion of the turn, I hear a click in the steering column but the left turn signal never turns off. Then I tap up to try to turn it off and car gets confused and turns on the right turn signal! The people behind me must think I'm crazy!

I set up a SC appointment for next week from the website but will call to see if they can just send a Ranger out. I think the stalk and electronic control in the steering column needs to be replaced, but I just wanted to see if anyone else encountered this defect.

They have to replace the parts on nearly 100K cars. They planned for some steady-state production and some parts replacements. If they planned for the long-term production goal of 10K cars/week, then at current car production rates of 5K/week they only have 5K extra parts per week, so it may take 20 weeks to get replacement parts to everyone.