Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning Radius

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else finding this turning radius a bit cumbersome to park? I am a very experienced driver, and been driving a Cayenne S--so also a very large SUV. I have not once pulled into a spot on the first turn. I just looked up the specs that say it is a 40.7 FOOT turning radius. That is absurdly large. I don't understand why that is so? Any engineers out there want to explain this part to me?

Is anyone else finding this turning radius a bit cumbersome to park? I am a very experienced driver, and been driving a Cayenne S--so also a very large SUV. I have not once pulled into a spot on the first turn. I just looked up the specs that say it is a 40.7 FOOT turning radius. That is absurdly large. I don't understand why that is so? Any engineers out there want to explain this part to me?

I haven't measured, but I try the same turnaround in the X vs our "old" 2014 Honda Odyssey and turning radius and they feel about the same.

I checked online and diameter seems to be:
Model X 40.7'
Odysseys 36.7'

I can't notice much practical difference between the two.