Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turtle on its back (upside down X) what happens?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I was wondering the same thing if you were able to get the model x to flip the car would be seriously damaged so therefore the power front doors would be useless do to the power to the car being cut off. And the falcon wing doors would be utterly useless so you would basically have to wait for first responders to cut you out. And if the car were to catch fire I just don't see any viable option beside breaking a window to get out.

Manual release in the speaker grille - I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that the additional outward flex of the outer "falcon" hinge will allow you to push the door outwards enough to squeeze out.

That assumes of course that the car's frame isn't twisted enough to warp the door opening and pin the door - a risk with any door on any car, especially if you've gotten the car upside down.

But as noted above, the X is very, very hard to roll over because the CG is barely above the middle of the wheels (something like a fifth of the curb weight is in the battery pack, below the wheel centers.)