Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat Coupon Code Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this email from TuxMat’s today.

b72441cf-cf5c-4ace-9585-a129c1511014.png
Tesla Model 3 TuxMat Added Retention

We have been getting a lot of feedback about this product design; and although most of you love it, we realize that the plastic side clips cannot be used on the front mats beside the centre console.

To solution this, we have sent you 10 Velcro patches that stick to the back of the mat as well as to the carpeted surface of your vehicle; without causing it any damage.

We hope you are happy with this solution. If there is anything else that we can do to help, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you very much for choosing TuxMat.

-Your TuxMat Team

I haven’t installed my mats yet (plan to install once the snow flies). Have any one had these issues with installation? Does this seem like a reasonable fix?

open.php

• Informative
Reactions: Liquidmetal101
I got this email from TuxMat’s today.

I haven’t installed my mats yet (plan to install once the snow flies). Have any one had these issues with installation? Does this seem like a reasonable fix?

open.php

I installed the mats in my M3 a few weeks ago. I haven't noticed the issue described in the email, but since the mat comes up so high next to the console, it shouldn't be an issue to use Velcro.

open.php

I installed the mats in my M3 a few weeks ago. I haven't noticed the issue described in the email, but since the mat comes up so high next to the console, it shouldn't be an issue to use Velcro.

I got the same email. I can confirm that you can't wedge the plastic side clips in along the centre console. I even had a set of tire irons out trying to make a gap there. On the driver's side my mat sits nicely against the centre console so I'm fine with it, but on the passenger side there's about a 2cm gap where the mat falls away from the centre console. I was thinking of fixing it up with velcro myself, but hadn't gotten around to bothering yet since I can't see it from the drivers seat :p. Now I'll wait until my velcro strip arrives and fix it up.

PM me if you're in Canada and still need a referral code.